Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Please Call ❯ Cloud's Phone ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Disclaimer: If I owned it, Zack would most definitely be alive. If I owned Final fantasy 7 in any way, shape, or form I would be rich, but I'm just a poor college student so I don't think I'm going to be making a profit off this anytime soon.( but if Square Enix ever gets tired of it I'll take it!) Flames will be used to heat my uber cold dorm room. Yes this does have a slight shounen ai but its nothing major, trust me there isn't anything to be scared of.
 
For those of you reading this at media miner, no this is not plagiarism, I am stormsight at ff.net too, so just in case you've already read this well, I hope you'll review it this time around, since as of right now I have a grand total of 2 reviews from ff.net
 
He kept it on, kept it charged, even listened to his messages, but he never answered it. If another asked him, he would brush it off, telling whoever that he hadn't heard it over the noise of the fenrir. Sometimes he found himself reaching out to answer it, thinking that it might be someone calling to say that he was alive, that he had been found somewhere, and he knew it for the fantasy that it was. Sometimes he would begin to dial that familiar number, to tell Tifa that he would not be home that night and not to wait up for him, but he never did. No, the truth of it was that if he really let himself connect with another like he had with him, they might end up dead just like him, just like with him he would not be strong enough to protect another person that he loved. So he let his phone deal with them, and when he had to talk to them face to face, he never let them know what he was thinking, that the hurt was just too great to lose another. Every one of his friends had lost someone, knew what it was like to lose one that they loved, but none of them could understand what he had been through, how it had hurt so bad to see the one he loved lying there, in front of him, dead, having given his life so that he could live. None knew what it was like to wake up and just not know who he was, to forget himself, to take on the identity of himself in a last desperate attempt to keep his poor mind only slightly intact. He hadn't mourned him, no, instead he had taken his life and forgotten that he had ever met him. Cloud could never forgive him self for forgetting him, for forgetting what he had with Zack. Cloud had vowed to himself that another would never take Zack's place, so instead he held them all at arms length and let his phone take the messages.