Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Precious child ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Precious child

A final Fantasy 7 fanfiction

Summary: We all know Sephiroth dies at the end of the game. But what of Lucrecia's perspective? This fic explores her feelings on the event. The song is Precious Child, by Karen Taylor Good. I do NOT own anything from FF7, the good folks at Square/enix do. BTW, when are we going to see some Advent Children fic?

In my dreams, you are alive and well
Precious child, precious child
In my mind, I see you clear as a bell
Precious child, precious child

Lucrecia Hojo stood in the downpour listening to the minister drone out his drivel about the "soul to be laid to rest today" and how he "hoped the Planet would be merciful". If she hadn't gotten the news of the service and decided to leave her cave that day, he would have been buried with no one at ALL to even care that he had died.

In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled
But in my heart, there is hope
'Cause you are with me still


Tears filled the soft brown eyes, barely noticed in the rain that dripped from her dark hair over her face.

You will always live within my heart, my son. . .Lucrecia tossed a red rose on top of the casket, one of a fine-grained Cherry wood found only on the Icicle Inn continent .


In my heart, you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart


Yes, he had left FAR too soon for Lu's taste. She had never gotten the chance to hold him, to know him, to mold him into less destructive paths. "If only I could have had the chance, I could have saved him from himself."


In my plans, I was the first to leave
Precious child, precious child
But in this world, I was left here to grieve
Precious child, my precious child

Lucrecia hugged herself, desperate for comfort, but knowing, as much as the world hated this one who had been her only child, she would find no comfort here.



In my soul, there is a hole
That can never be filled

But in my heart there is hope
And you are with me still


In my heart you live on
Always there, never gone
Precious child, you left too soon,
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart


Then, she felt arms go around her from behind, and turned to see her love standing behind her, as another warrior approached the gravesite, blond spikes lifted off his face by the brisk wind accompanying the storm.

Lucrecia flung her arms around Vincent, weeping hard into the black-clad shoulder. "You came. . .Thank the Planet, you came. . .I thought I was going to have to bury Sephiroth all alone."


God knows I want to hold you,
See you, touch you
And maybe there's a heaven
And someday I will again
Please know you are not forgotten until then

And she looked over as Cloud Strife, who had once been her son's best friend, then had become his enemy through circumstances that NEITHER had been to blame for., approached the freshly dig grave. The blond ex-Soldier tossed the photograph of Tifa, Zack, and Seph onto the casket, blue eyes dark, jaw tight. "I will never forget. . .never forgive Jenova for what she drove me to do to save us all."

In my heart you live on
Always there never gone
Precious child, you left too soon
Tho' it may be true that we're apart
You will live forever... in my heart

As all three of them walked away from the gravesite, a silver-haired, green-eyed figure turned and walked away, tears in his green eyes, and disappeared.

The end