Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Project Jenova:The true story ❯ an end to the nightmare ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Project Jenova: The real story
 
Prologue: What if the jenova project was really skynet in disguise? When Cloud and his fellow tech com soldiers are sent to the former niebelhiem reactor, they discover the secret that could mean an end to the war against the machines. ( I don't own anything in this fic)
 
It was dark in what was left of the American west, save for the occasional hk searchlight that would pass by. They had fought long and hard to get where they were going and were not about to stop. Barret wallace held his plasma rifle close as his squad leader listened for any signs of endos. While Kyle Reese was protecting the leader of the resistance in the past, cloud Strife was leading a second wave attack squad to destroy skynet for good. Having been quiet for hours, Sargeant Vincent Valentine spoke up. “ Something isn't right. I haven't seen or heard an endo in the last four hours.” “Quiet, Valentine. They have a habbit of hitting when you least expect it.” Wallace whispered. Cloud was scanning the area for any signs of a threat, only to find the burnt out remains of a forgotten world. He signaled for the rest of his squad to keep quiet, as a ground hk thundered past them at a snail's pace. Ash ketchum, the youngest in the squad remembered the skynet slaughter house that they had raided the day before. It sickened him to know that so many had died in such horrid ways at the hands of the machines. “ Sargeant Valentine, having grown tired of the silence, approached his squad leader. What remained of the town of nieblehiem was now a terminator programming base. The former reactor was just afew miles behind it. “ What do you think, sir? Should we keep watch or make a break for it?” Vincent asked. Cloud, while keeping his eyes glued to the night vision scanner, answered him flatly. “ There's no way we're going to get past those bio filters. We need some kind of distraction to keep the endos from spotting us. If we can convert their centry canon charges to emp waves, we can take out those arial hks and make our move. All we need is for someone to patch into the main control modual and reverse the pulse waves on the guns.” He then looked back at the rest of his exhausted squad. “Ketchum, you're up. We'll cover you from here.” Sargeant Valentine ordered. Ash, much as he loved the idea of getting even with the machines that threatened his life, felt a wave of fear cover him like a blanket. He pushed it back and followed orders as he crept out into among the darkness and debris. He carfully opened the gun control modual and began to enter the code they had ripped from one of skynet's remote mainframes. It seemed to be an eternity before the red background on the readout turned to blue. Without warning, a hot plasma blast hit the side of the control modual. There had been a lone t-800 watching the squad's every move. Though it had been far away enough that they couldn't have spotted it, Its aim was just as deadly. Cloud was about to order his squad to move out, when he heard the scream of an airal hk above them. “ Give em hell!” he shouted as they opened fire. Having sustained no injuries, Ash went back to what he was doing. As he was aiming the sentry guns toward eachother for an emp blast, he noticed what looked like a pool of shiney water. A t-1000 began forming into its shape next to him. It reached out and grabbed his arm with a death grip, threw him to the ground , then formed a long blade and stabbed him through the chest. Blood gushed out from the wound as Ash began to fade. With his last bit of strength, he pressed the execute command button on the control pannel. A bright blue emp wave shot out across the camp, haulting everything in its path. “Alright, people. We've got about Thirty minutes before skynet kicks on the backup generator. Let's hit em fast and hard.” Cloud ordered. As the squad ran down the main path to the fromer reactor, an arial hk crashed to the ground and exploded behind them. There was no turning back. The facility that skynet called home was just afew feet away. However, just when they thought they had made it, the doors to the facility burst open, revealing a batallion of endos carrying heavy weapons. Remebering a trick that he had learned during training, cloud shouted “Aim for their heads. One hit to the cpu and they're down!” Though they suffered heavy losses, what remained of the brave tech com soldiers made it into skynet's complex. The inside was breathtaking. It was an endless living wall of circuitry and electronic componants. They were greeted by a new threat , unlike anything they had ever seen. It looked human, but its eyes glowed a burning red. “So this is the secret weapon that Connor was warning us about.” Sargeant valentine said. There, standing before them, was a tall man with long white hair. He was dressed in what looked to be ancient japanese battle clothing and drew a long kitana blade. “ So glad you could join us for the extinction of your kind.” It spoke as a cold steel capsul emerged from the floor behind it. The capsule opened with a loud hiss, revealing skynet's true form. It was in the shape of a woman and had hundreds of tubes runing to and from it. The word JENOVA was etched across its forhead. “Mother is the leader of this world now. What was once yours is now ours. We are the future and man is oboslete.” The stranger spoke. There was an electrical hum as the terminator attacked. Skynet had activated its back power system. “ Give up, humans. There is no escape.”An electronic femal voice said. Cloud then ordered the rest of his squad to leave and save themselves. Sargeant valentine, disregarding orders, stayed to fight. The human like terminator tossed his kitana aside and jumped into the air toward him. It grabbed valentine by the throat and began to choke him. “ You're fate has been decided and will be your end.” It said as skynet began to close its capsul and retreat to safety. Cloud then remembered that he had a special emp charge left and loaded it into his rifle. This particular charge carried a computer virus within that would silence skynet forever. Time seemed to stand still as he took aim at skynet's head and fired. A massive electrical burst shot outward as every part of its living surroundings died out. Explosions sounded outside as arial hks crashed to the ground. All over the decimated planet, terminators of all types now stood still. The resistance had won. The scene outside was one that gave cloud a sense of closure. With skynet gone forever and an end to the technological nightmare, the human race was safe atlast.