Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Dreams ❯ Broken ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
BrokenW8BNMSWD À¸
6¼3mBIN½8ÐÏà&iex cl;±á>þÿ & lt;>þÿÿÿ;ÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿì¥Á@ ð¿ 6jbjbqq Döö0 ÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;l¢¢¢¢ ¢¢¢""&q uot;"" ."¹ê VVVVVVVVvx xxxxx,£ Ã`¤¢V VVVV¤Ü&cen t;¢VVVÜÜ ÜV:¢V¢Vv ܶ6ì6¢¢ ¢¢VvÜÜ b¢¢ bJ Uy¼"" Lbb¹¹b# Ü#bÜ Ãå Broken Shards of a Heart

Shinra walked into the massive room followed by eight Shinra executives. Rufus was sitting on the couch staring into a book. That was one thing he never understood about his son. Here he was then Vice President of a multi-million dollar company and all he wanted to do was read? Shinra shook his head looking back to his son. His knees were pulled close to his chest. His arms were wrapped around them, while his hands held the book above his knees. His chin was resting on his knees and strands of strawberry blonde hair fell into his eyes.
Well look it that. Only 16 and already readin about ways to earn more money, an executive said. Rufus looked away from the book eyeing each person darkly. He didnt like his fathers executives. All of them were suck-ups; always agreeing with what he said when all he really wanted was someone who wasnt afraid to prove him wrong.
Id say he needs a girlfriend or a hobby Another executive said.
Are you insane? Hes got a company to worry about, a third said smacking the other upside the head.
Make your jokes, he thought as he stood up throwing the book over his shoulder. Again he looked at each executive darkly then turned to leave.
Hey Rufus! Where ya goin? Dont ya want to stay for the meeting? a fourth executive called as he slammed the door shut.

Rufus slowly walked down the road staring at the ground. His hands were stuffed into the pockets of his white pants as he kicked a can out of the way. Stupid fools. None of them could understand how he felt, never having anyone to go to when he wanted to talk, never having someone to turn to. That kind of thing wasnt easy for someone to go through, but somehow he did. He sighed softly looking ahead of him. A tall slender girl was walking towards him. He stopped staring at he long raven hair that cascaded down her back like a raven waterfall. She returned the stare with her soft, gentle brown eyes as she continued to walk towards him smiling kindly.
Excuse me? Can I use your PHS? she asked in a soft angelic voice. He stared at her frowning slightly.
Why? he bitterly asked.
Mybuggy broke downsay, you look familiar, do I know you?
I highly doubt it. Ive never seen you before in my life.
ShinraYoure Rufus Shinra arent you?
Rufus frowned slightly as he reached into his pocket and quickly pulled out his PHS. You wanted to use this? he asked tossing it to her. She caught it staring at him. He stared back frowning once more. She smiled then turned away. He may be cold to the people in his fathers company, but that didnt mean he had to be cold to the rest of the world. For the most part, people only saw him as a walking fortune, someone to lend them money for their troubles. He shook his head slowly looking into the sky. The girl faced him once more holding his PHS towards him. A slight frown could be seen on her soft ruby lips. Is something wrong? he asked as he put the PHS back in his pocket.
Its nothingreally. Dont concern yourself with it.
Your face tells me differently, he said resting his hands on his hips. She looked at him then began to laugh.
Cant get anything past you
Im very observant.
And you have no taste in clothes.
He stared at her for a moment then looked down to his clothes. What was wrong with what he was wearing? He looked back up to her darkly. And what, may I ask, is the matter with my clothes?
No one, and I mean no one wears all whiteyoure the son of the most powerful man in the world, right? So show it. People will think youre weak by wearing all white.
Then Ill teach them to fear and respect me. Im not going to change my wardrobe just because the population doesnt agree with it.
Fear and respect you? she asked as a smile appeared then she began to laugh. The only thing people will fear is that youll come and tickle them to deatheveryone knows that money
Is a weakness and con not fulfill anyones dreams. When Im in charge, things will be different, he bitterly replied staring at her. He liked this girl. He was starting to think that this was the person he had been waiting for. At least she wasnt afraid to speak her mind around him. I never did catch your name.
Michelle.
Well Michelle, why dont you tell me whats troubling you, that is what we were talking about before the subject was changed.
Like I said, its no big deal. The tow truck wont be here for at least two hours
So what were you going to do? Don tell me you were going to wait by your buggy until it came.
ActuallyI was.
Thats ridiculous. Heres what well doyou come over to my place until the truck arrives, then Ill drive you down when it does.
Youd do that for me?
Of course.
And you said youd make people fear you? Not doing things like this. She replied. He laughed shaking his head.
Believe me my dear, theres a whole different side of me that you havent seen yet, and pray you never do, he replied as he led her towards his house.
Rufus stormed into the living room, glaring darkly at the Shinra executives. His father had been gone for sometime now, thank god. Everyone out, h growled as he stared at each of the executives.
But Rufus, we
Get out! Thats an order. Or do I have to tell my father that youre disobeying orders again? he growled. Each of the executives looked at one another then quickly walked out of the room through another do. It was obvious that they were afraid of him, and he enjoyed watching them squirm. He smiled to himself then led Michelle over to the couch.
They respect you, don they?
Believe me, respect has nothing to do with it. They fear me and I use that fear to control them. Its like I told you, I do things differently than my father, he replied sitting down. To his astonishment, Michelle sat down right next to him. He looked at her briefly then looked to the ground.
Do I make you uncomfortable?
Nno, not at allits just thatso, what do you think of Midgar?
Why do you ask?
Well, I know the designer, andwell I just like to hear what people have to say.
It sucks.
What? What do you mean?
Dont get me wrongthe location is great, but Midgar itself sucks.
Why do you say that?
Have you ever been to the slums?
No
Then you wouldnt understand, she replied looking away from him. Now this is what he hated. He absolutely hated it when people assumed he wouldnt understand something.
Try me, he bitterly replied crossing his arms across his chest. She glared at him then shook her head.
So many people are suffering in the slumsall the pollution is making it difficult for people to make a living.
Rufus stared at her then looked away. He couldnt believe it. Why would his father make people suffer? hats not like him. He didnt want to believe what she said, but then again, he had never been in the slums, so he couldnt assume that she was wrong. He shook his head. Looks like hed have to have a talk with Shinra about this.
Look at the time, Michelle softly whispered bringing him out of his thoughts. You said youd drive me down? she asked looking at him. He nodded as he slowly got to his feet. Thank you for inviting me
When can I see you again?
What? You want to see me again?
Would I be asking if I didnt? he sourly replied. She smiled slightly then shook her head. He frowned slightly then led her out of the room, still waiting for her to answer him.

Rufus? Where are you going? Michelle asked as she stretched. Rufus glanced at her then pulled on his turtleneck.
Theres something I have o take care of, he replied as he checked his pants pockets. Have you seen my wallet?
Over there, she tiredly replied pointing to the desk. Rufus frowned as he walked over to he desk picking it up. How had it gotten there? Didnt matter. He shrugged slightly as he put it in his pocket then looked at Michelle.
Dont go anywhere, Ill be right back, he said walking out of the room.
Rufus stared at all the bracelets in front of him, frowning. He didnt know which one to get. It wasnt the price that bothered him; his was, after all, the son of a multi-billion dollar company. He smiled slightly as he continued to look. He and Michelle had been together for close to two weeks now, and already he felt as if they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. Of course his relationship would be nothing like the one his father and now deceased mother had.
Would you like some help sir? the clerk asked. He looked up to him, shaking his head. Too little, too late. He stood up looking back down to the bracelets.
I would like that one sir, he replied pointing to a gold bracelet.
Ah, thats a one of a kind sir.
Of course. Only the best for a one of a kind lady, he replied as he handed the clerk his bankcard. The clerk smiled as he ran the card through the scanner. His smile quickly faded as he ran the card through the scanner once more. IS something wrong? he asked, also frowning.
I-Im sorry sir, but it appears that your account isempty
What!? Rufus cried leaning over the counter. Sure enough the account was empty. That was not possible. He had just put at least 4,000 Gil in this account and it had been full. It wasnt the missing money that bothered him. Hell, he had a dozen other accounts with different banks, and all of them were full. What bothered him was that the account was empty. Who could have done it? Suddenly it hit him like a ton of bricks. He growled softly as he took the useless bankcard from the clerk then ran out of the store.
You Bitch! he cried as he stormed into the room. Michelle faced him pointing a gun at his head, his gun. He froze glaring at her.
Its too late Rufus. You cant stop me, she growled. He glared at her fighting to control his emotions.
How could you do this to me?
It was only a matter of time. Ive had this planned for a long time. Youre nothing more than a walking money sign Rufus Shinra.
I could care less about how much you stole from me. What about all that weve been through? How could you?
Ohare you gonna cry like the little weakling you are? No one will ever care about you Rufus, only your money. Thats how it is now days. People will only love you for your money.
Get out, he growled throwing the door open. She stared at him, clearly confused.
Arent you going to try and stop me?
Get the hell out of here or kill me now, although youve pretty much done that already.
Michelle smiled briefly as she began to walk past Rufus. As she did, he grabbed her arm in a death grip, glaring at her.
Dont think for a minute that youll get away with this. The next time I see you, despite the changes youve made, I will kill you, and not for stealing my money, he growled glaring at her venomously then pushed her out the door. She stared at him fearfully then turned and fled.
Rufus stood there for a moment glaring at the floor. The one person he had trusted with his life had betrayed him. She had treated him like a piece of garbage and, being the fool he was, he had believed it had meant something. He tightly closed his eyes, resisting the urge to cry. He wouldnt. He wasnt that weak. He tightly balled his fists, grimacing as his nails bit through his flesh. He had never felt so betrayed in his life. Now he understood why his mother and father only had a business relationship. They had known they to love one another would only cause them pain.
A soft growl escaped his lips as he smiled bitterly. Never again would a woman hurt him. He would never let one get close enough to him again to give them a chance. This was a promise he intended to keep. He also promised that he would find her, find Michelle, and he would make her pay. He would use her fear and destroy her with it.
Again Rufus smiled as he looked out the window. He would use her as an example to show why you never cross paths with Rufus Shinra. Again he smiled then began to laugh. So it was true, love did change a person, and in Rufuss case, it changed him for the better. Hed have to thank Michelle for this, that is, just before he killed her.
A
S
//6ýýý 6 @ Ù @
Ó
O Q ì
Vq¯íÒ }´&Ugra ve;FÏÎÛ\³ý ýýýý ýýý&yacu te;ýýý ýýýý ýýýý ýýý&yacu te;ýýý ýý@ Ù @
Ó
O Q ì
Vq¯íÒ }´&Ugra ve;FÏÎÛ\³(® ÇÕH⪼>k Ïâ6C^¤¼àè  u Ç!"µ"×"##$u$[%&ye n;%'/(t((±)î)þ+,ð,--. º./5// 0%1t3È46 þ U&s up3;(®ÇÕH⪼ ;>kÏâ6C^¤¼ àè u Ç!"µ"ýý ýýýý ýýýý ýýý&ya cute;ýýý ýýýý ýýý÷ ÷÷÷ Ð`е"×"## $u$[%¥%'/(t((±)î)þ+,ð ;,--.º./5// 0%1t3È46ù ùùù&ugrav e;ùùù& ugrave;ùùù ùùùù ùùù&ugrav e;ùùù& ugrave;ùùù ÷Ð`а&ET H;/ °à=!°"°# $ %° 
i4@ñÿ4NormalCJOJPJ QJmH <A@òÿ¡<Defau lt Paragraph Font0Dÿÿÿÿ ÿÿ z ÿÿ z ÿÿ z ÿÿ z ÿÿ z} í!ß,0 ~6³µ"6 !6jpéí]00 ¦­Z[Þã&eg rave;!ý!ó#õ#0:::::ÿ ÿLouie F. RosatoneDDraco:Stories:Final Fantasy:Final Fantasy 7:Sweet Dreams:Chapter One
Amy Bogart]Moslie:Users:amybogart:Desktop :Stories:Final Fantasy:Final Fantasy 7:Sweet Dreams:Chapter One00Íÿ@ôf$$ 

0` @GT imes New Roman5Symbol3 Arial3 Times 1Ðhât\¦$Ð|¦ó 'T! ¥À& acute;´20¨0  ÿÿLouie F. Rosatone
Amy Bogart þÿ
àòùOh«+'³&Ug rave;0`¨ÄÐ à ô
 (
4@HPX'osos Louie F. RosatonedouiNormal. Amy Bogarts3y Microsoft Word 10.1@G@ N0Á@`Ã$rËÃ ó' þÿ
ÕÍÕ.+,ù®0  hp ¨° ¸ÀÈÐ
Ø å' "Making Louie Money" FoundationT¨0
 Title  

 !"þÿÿÿ$%&'()*&t horn;ÿÿÿ,-./012þÿÿÿ ;456789:þÿÿÿýÿÿ& yuml;=þÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿRoot Entryÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿ ÀF&de g;qHHËÃ?1Table ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;#WordDocument ÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿDSum maryInformation(ÿ ÿÿÿ+Docu mentSummaryInformation8ÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ 3CompObj ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿX ÿÿ&yu ml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿÿ&th orn;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ ;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ&y uml;ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿþÿÿ&yum l;ÿÿ ÀFMicrosoft Word DocumentþÿÿÿNB6WWord.Document.8   ĦÀéÿÿ