Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tag! ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: I LIIIIIVE!! ^_^ *giggles* Sorry to keep everyone hanging on this fic, but life kinda distracted me from my writing for awhile. But! Now that I've got a computer of my own and soon (hopefully, cross your fingers for me) my own internet connection, I'll be able to get my fingers to the keyboard more often, since I don't have to deal with timesharing on the family computer anymore. Man, was that a pain.

This chapter is brought to you by:

the letter G,

the number 4,

and the kickstart I got from Noodles. ^_^ Thanx.

[Oh yeah, * * * means scene change here. Got it? Good! I'm done now..]

----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------

Chapter Three

Villagers bustled along the marketplace as a certain summoner and a Ronso indulged in some serious window shopping.

Well, okay. Yuna was window shopping. Kimahri just kinda leaned against the wall and grunted whenever she asked how he liked this or that trinket that she picked up and put down again just as quickly.

Kimahri sighed. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy seeing the summoner enjoy herself. Far from it; the guardian was glad to see her smile so freely after all that had been going on. But...they were supposed to be getting food for tonight. He sighed as he refolded his arms, resigning himself to being late getting back to camp.

"Kimahri! Oh, look at this, wouldn't Gatta love it?" She shoved yet another trinket in front of his nose and he went cross-eyed trying to focus on it. "I can't decide what to send back to everyone in Besaid. It's so hard to choose."

"Kimahri thinks letter from Yuna would be enough."

Yuna sighed as she replaced the object back with it's siblings on the display table. "I know, but I just-" Her fingers trailed along the brightly-coloured tablecloth. "I just want to give them something, for all they've done for me all those years." She whispered as her eyes grew sad.

"Besaid people know Yuna loves them. No need for anything else." The blue Ronso rumbled softly, trying to console her.

Yuna smiled up at him. "Yes, I suppose your right, Kimahri." She gripped her staff more firmly as they walked away from the gaudy displays of the street merchants. "Let's go find some dinner, shall we? The others are probably worried." She looked at the position of the sun. "Oh! I didn't think I was looking for so long! Kimahri, why didn't you tell me how late it was!" She took off at a sprint for the nearest baker's store, trusting the Ronso to keep up easily.

"Kimahri's getting a headache." He growled as he loped after the panicked girl.

* * * *

Auron stoked the fire methodically with a stick, trying to coax it to a larger blaze, when his concentration was broken by a ominous roaring.

He glared at a sheepish Tidus, who was clutching his stomach. He glanced pointedly over his glasses to a bundle of blankets which denoted a sleeping Rikku.

"Sorry," Tidus grimaced from under blond bangs. "But when are Yuna and Kimahri gonna get back? It's been hours!"

"The village is rather large. They're most likely having problems finding what they need."

Wakka snorted. "Most likely Yuna found a street market or something and dragged Kimahri along to browse." He scratched at a few itchy spots on his (still) purple skin. Who would've thought the river would have swimmer's itch? He and Tidus had been grumbling about it all day after their unfortunate discovery.

* * * *

Yuna sneezed as she straightened abruptly from taking in the delicious aroma of freshly baked bread.

* * * *

Lulu paced around the clearing anxiously, looking worried. The sun would set in an hour or so, and there was still no sign of their missing companions. She knew that the sights in a larger than usual village would probably distract her young friend, but still...

"I'm going to go find them." She stated, skirt swirling as she stalked off down the path to the village, foliage rustling as she brushed by it.

Tidus looked after her, then looked at Auron. He thought for a split second. "Wait up! I'll come too!" He started to rise from his spot on the ground

Auron sighed as he brought the stick sharply across the back of Tidus' head.

"Yeowch!" The blond clutched at his head in pain as he whirled on his fellow guardian. "What's the big idea? I was just-"

"Going to try to spy on our summoner?" Auron quirked an eyebrow at him. "Give her some space, surely you can appreciate that she needs it."

Tidus flopped sulkily back down onto the dirt before the fire.

"Besides," He wouldn't look over at the older man, he wouldn't. "Don't you think you should get cleaned up before they get back?"

He spun around. "What are you talking about? I just finished getting all that goop off me! Tell me where I need to-"

Wordlessly, the red-coated man held up the stick. Slowly sliding down from the end was a blob of green slime.

"GAH!!" Tidus grabbed at his hair as he dashed frantically for the water again.

Rikku was woken up by Auron's laughing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yes, this one is short. Unfortunately, as I've discovered, it's REALLY hard to suddenly write for a fic after a long period of non-writing. Hmmm....maybe I should try doing one-shots when that happens? Then I should be able to get back into writing for my stories easier. I think I'll try it....

*Shakes out of her thoughts*

Anyways, review and let me know what you think of this chapter. Personally, I had a bit of trouble coming up with a way to start it, so if the beginning seems a little forced, let me know! I always appreciate constructive comments on my stuff. When I know what I need to improve it really helps me to work to make it better.