Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tag! ❯ Chapter One ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

~^^~ : It's here! It's here! I've finally written the FFX idea that's been buzzing around my head. ^_^;; Well, okay. The start of the idea anyway.

Ahem, awhile ago I put up a little contest/challenge for an Auron and Tidus story, with the prize being the winner getting to be a character in my story! So congrats goes to Ryan Cuza! ^_^ He decided that he wanted to be the bad guy, so who was I to say no? He's not in this chapter yet (what evil-scheming villain shows himself right away, ne? ^_^), but you're definitely gonna hear from him in the next chapter, when things really get going!

Yami R: *clears throat* ChibiBoko holds no claim over FFX (for which everyone on Spira praised Yevon for three days straight, Al Bheds included), they belong to Squaresoft. All she's got is the plot, which is actually mine.

~©©~:*glares* Which in reality makes it mine, since you're a part of me.

Yami R: The part that isn't hopelessly pathetic, of course. ^_^

______________________________________________________

Tag!

Chapter One -(Maybe it'd be better to call this the prologue...^^;;)

By ChibiBoko

"AAAAHHH!"

"Whoops! Sorry! Here, let me try again!"

"YAaa-HAAAaaAGGHH!!"

"Sorry!!"

Auron sighed as he rubbed his temples. Rikku was practicing again.

"Tell me again why Lulu is playing teacher?" Tidus groaned as he flopped back on his bedroll by the campfire.

Auron merely stirred the coals of the fire in preparation of dinner. Hmmm, it's Kimahri's turn to hunt. Probably fish again. "A more interesting question would be how she hooked Wakka into helping."

The blond rolled over onto his stomach, chin in hands. "So what's on their agenda today? Fire spells again?"

"Sounds like it-"

Conversation was interrupted by the mad dash of Besaid feet as the redheaded blitz player streaked past them to dive frantically for the river, a thin stream of black smoke trailing behind him.

Tidus and Auron blinked. Two more pairs of frantic footsteps soon echoed down the path in their direction, as Rikku and Lulu burst into view.

"Where's Wakka?" Lulu asked as she tried to calm the hysterical Al Behd.

Grinning, Tidus pointed towards the nearby river. "I think he figured he needed a bath."

Rikku wailed. "I didn't mean to! I don't know what went wrong!"

Auron raised an eyebrow. "So I suppose this is the end of the fire lessons for today." Rikku wilted in disappointment in herself.

Lulu nodded as she looked down at blonde girl beside her thoughtfully. "Perhaps we've been going about this in the wrong way. It might be best to start out from a different direction."

Rikku's head shot up, eyes lit. "Really? How?"

Tidus groaned quietly. Here we go... He thought.

"From what I've been able to see in your attempts, the spells are too simple. You see complications where there are none."

Wakka trudged quietly -albeit drippingly- back from the river, settling down comfortably by the fire...but out of Rikku and Lulu's direct point of view. No way is this Besaid boy playing guinea pig for crazy fire-hurling Al Behd's no more. Nuh-uh.

"...So you'd be more successful by starting out with something complicated first, then working your way backwards."

Wakka froze in the middle of squeezing the excess water out of his boots. Complicated...?

Auron and Tidus seemed equally horrif- er, amazed. Where does Lulu come up with these things anyhow?

Rikku was practically dancing around the fire now. Finally some fun!

Lulu gave a little smile. "So your next lesson will be on..."

Four pairs of eyes were riveted to her; one excited, three panicked.

"...Bio."

----------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------

~00~ : Heehehehe...I'm having fun with this one. What's in store for our poor boys? Who's gonna play target- um, assistant now that Wakka's firmly retired? And where the heck is Yuna?

Yami R: Not to mention what's taking Kimahri so long with that fish...I'm hungry.

~00;;~ : You're always hungry. Go munch on some reviews or something. Maybe you'll get a brainstorm again.

Yami R: God knows we need one. How long did it take you to figure out how to end this chapter?

~^^~;; : Heh, uh....yeah. It was supposed to be a lot longer than it was, but I got mad at myself for taking so long at writing this, since it's kinda on a deadline.