Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Tears Unshed ❯ Tears Unshed: The second Coming ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tears Unshed: The Second Coming
By: ZellyBaby

Zell sat in his room, on the edge of his bed.
"Is it worth it?"
A tear slipped down his cheek.
"I'm sure I would be quickly forgotten."
He sat staring at the two items sitting on his bed beside of him.
"They don't understand, they keep saying 'Forget it Zell, it wasn't your fault' when they know damn well it was."
He picked up the smaller item.
"I don't deserve to live, goddamn me and my big mouth."
He sat the small item down and picked the larger one up.
"So, so easy, it would be. I wouldn't even feel it."
There was a knock at the door.
"Ah shit."
He shoved the two items under the pillow on his bed and walked over to the door opening it. After seeing who it was he quickly shut the door, backing away from it.
"Dammit, not her, not Selphie. I can't keep my cool around her…I just feel so bad for what I did, I know she hates me…"
Selphie pounded on the door.
"Come on Zell, let me in, please, I just want to talk."
Zell stayed silent.
"I know you're in there Zell. Please Zell, I only want to talk to you."
Zell still stayed silent, unmoving.
"Fine Zell…screw you to."
There was something unnerving about the way she said that, that made Zell run for the door and open it.
"Seph, wait."
Selphie heard him and stopped, she looked like she was crying.
"What the hell do you want, you asshole?!"
Zell became angered, and retaliated.
"Nothing, you stupid bitch!"
Zell could see the look of hurt in her eyes intensify before she turned around and started away from him.
"Wait, Selphie, I didn't mean it! Please come back!"
She didn't turn and stop this time.
"God fucking dammit!!!"
Zell turned toward the hallway wall, punched it, denting it. But he was too angry to feel the pain. Luckily Selphie was already gone, Zell didn't want garden security to be called on him for reckless behavior, and damage to garden property. Even if his hefty SeeD check could pay for the damages easily, he couldn't handle a suspension.
"Fuck this shit."
Zell stormed back into his room, and after grabbing his gloves, took off to the training center.

---

Selphie ran into the infirmary where Irvine was still recovering from his broken ribs, he was such a big baby. She ran into his room, crying.
"Seph??? What's wrong with you? Shhhh…tell me whats wrong."
She was crying like she was hurt. Irvine realized that she had mentioned something about trying to talk to Zell earlier.
"Selphie, get a hold of yourself…are you hurt, did Zell hurt you??"
Selphie couldn't do anything but cry. Anger flared up in Irvine's eyes as he slowly got up from his bed, wincing.
"Ir…Irvine. Wait…he didn't do anything…"
Irvine's angry eyes, where replaced with sympathetic ones as he comforted his girlfriend, remembering that Zell, would never hurt a girl, much less Selphie.
"Then what happened?"
Selphie dug her face into the crook of Irvine's neck. And still crying she said.
"I..it was just something he said, don…don't worry about it."
Irvine kissed the top of her head.
"Seph, I have to worry about it. I care about you. I can't just forget it if my girlfriend is crying and wont tell me why."
Selphie stopped crying…but still slightly sobbing said.
"He called me…a stupid bitch."
The anger flared back up in Irvine's eyes again.
"Don't worry about it, it was my fault, I called him an asshole. Please don't do anything to him, he didn't mean it."
Irvine weakly smiled.
"Okay, just for you Seph, I don't know what's been wrong with Zell lately, but I guess this is what I get for trying to ask."
He said, pointing to his side.

---

Zell looked at the blood on his gloves after finishing off another T-rexaur.
"Too bad its not mine."
He wiped them off on a nearby tree.
"I guess its now or never."
He walked toward the entrance but was surprised to see Quistis standing there. He glared at her for a moment, then attempted to walk past.
"And where the hell are you going?"
Quistis stuck her arm out in front of him.
"Please let me pass Quistis."
Zell looked over at her. There was something in the way his eyes looked that made her afraid to hold her arm there any longer, but she did anyway.
"Zell, talk to me."
She winced as Zell's blue icy eyes stared at her. She still saw something in his eyes, something…that she couldn't quite…understand.
"What is there to talk about?"
Zell said with a questioning tone.
"Lots of thing, like for starters, what the hell is wrong with you, and why you broke some of Irvine's ribs and Squall's nose."
Ashamed, he looked away.
"You wouldn't understand."
She hesitated a bit, Zell took advantage of this and pushed past her.
"Dammit, Zell, wait!"
He didn't stop, Quistis ran after him, and grabbed his arm. He gently pulled away.
"Quistis, please, you know I would never hurt you, but your pushing it, please, leave me alone, you wouldn't understand."
He continued on his way.
"Zell."
He stopped.
"If this is about me not wanting a relationship…"
He turned and stared at her with those blue eyes, those icy blue eyes.
"Trust me Quistis, this has nothing to do with that."
She could see the hurt, the pain in his eyes as he said that. He left after that, she couldn't bring herself to try and stop him. She finally was beginning to understand what she saw in his eyes.