Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 16

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal

Chapter 16

"Banon!" they both yelled.

"Ah, hello you two!" said the man Erin figured to be Banon.

Erin and Terra looked at each other, then at the man called Banon. Erin surveyed him over, figured him to be middle aged. He had a beard and very messy hair. She frowned, but didn't say anything until the conversation turned to her and Terra.

"And who are these two ladies?" he asked with a cheerful tone of voice. Locke was the first one to answer.

"These are the `imperial witches'…" Locke started.

Erin glared at him, then stated, "My name is Erin, and this is my friend Terra. Just so you know, the empire was controlling us. I did not mean to cause any harm to anyone."

"I see. Do you swear your alliance to the Returner's?" he asked.

"What?" both Erin and Terra asked.

"The Returner's. We are a group against the empire and their evil ways," explained Banon.

"I'm for it. I don't like injuring people unless necessary, and the `empire' injures people without thinking about it first," explained Erin.

Everyone looked at Terra.

"I'm in. I agree with Erin. They use force to get their way," explained Terra.

Banon smiled and led the group into the hideout. He started talking with Locke, Sabin, and Edgar, but Erin didn't listen in like she always did back home. They went back to a room, Erin didn't know where though. Edgar explained what happened back at Figaro Castle.

Banon sighed, and then looked at everyone there in the room. He laughed to himself when he saw that Erin was about two times shorter than everyone else was.

"Excuse me, but how old are you?" Banon asked, looking in Erin's direction.

"I'm 6," stated Erin.

"They get younger all the time. Anyway, why don't we all have a good nights rest for now and we will see what tomorrow brings us," exclaimed Banon.

He led the guys over to a different room, and then took Terra and Erin into a smaller room for privacy. Erin watched him close the door then went over to the bed.

"What a day," Terra said, sitting on her own bed.

"Yeah. I sure hope mom's ok. You saw what power that Kuja guy had, right?" asked Erin, the memories of her torture flooding back.

"I do. I remember the torture I had gotten. Let's get to bed, just incase Edgar comes in and interrupts us or something," stated Terra.

Erin sat on her bed. "I agree. Locke told me, when he had come to let me catch up on our way to Mt. Kolts, that Edgar likes to flirt with the ladies. I'm probably too you for him, but I'd watch it if I were you Terra," explained Erin, laying down and trying to get some sleep.

She ran her fingers over the last remaining scars from her torture. The only ones remaining were the deep cuts. "Those are going to be there forever," Erin thought to herself, "Garnet is really going to worry about it. I must stay strong, though, to prove Mother wrong. I am not a helpless little child." After these thoughts, Erin got to bed, tossing and turning all night though.

By the time that morning came, Erin had woken herself up at least an hour before everyone else was up. She got up and explored the hideout, finding things along the way. "We might need this," she whispered to herself as she picked up a Tonic.

By the time she got back to the room, Terra was just waking up. Erin tightened the back of her top, just incase. Terra and her left the room and found a table to sit at and talk while they waited for the guys.

"Terra, I found some stuff lying around this place. I have a feeling that we will need what I found. You never know when we will have to evacuate. Plus, we can't stay in hiding forever," Erin whispered to Terra.

Locke walked in. Both Terra and Erin looked up at him. He had his bandana off and held it in his hand. He walked over to Erin and whispered something to her. Erin nodded, then got up. They went over to the corner of the room.

"Erin, I don't want to lose you. You are too young to be lost. I want you to always remember me, in case we ever get separated. Here, you have this bandana as a token of friendship. Don't worry, I have one exactly like it right here," explained Locke.

He handed Erin the bandana in his hand and pulled another one out of his pocket. He tied it around his blonde hair. Erin put the gift into her pocket and walked back over to where Terra was sitting. Locke followed her.

Soon after, the rest of the group came in. They all had a bit to eat before one of the Returner's Erin recognized from the entrance came running up to them.

~~

A/N: Finally, I'm back and putting it up! I've had this written for a couple of weeks, but have had other things on my mind instead. Hope you enjoy!