Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 18

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal

Chapter 19

"The wall!" Celes exclaimed, pointing towards the wall behind them.

A huge piece of machinery was approaching them. They entered battle against it, and Celes started to explain some things.

"This is Tunnel Armor. He uses mostly magic. With my Runic ability, I will be able to absorb all spells he throws at us! But make sure you don't use any spells, because I will absorb those as well," Celes explained.

As soon as she finished explaining, this `Tunnel Armor' used Bolt. Celes absorbed it. Locke and Erin started attacking, and after what felt like an hour, he was defeated. They headed out of the cave and started to head towards Narshe.

"Locke, didn't you want to ask me something?" asked Celes.

Both Locke and Erin looked at her. "Oh forget it, it was nothing. I'll ask you later. Let's get to Narshe quickly. I suspect the others are already there," explained Narshe.

They fought their way to Narshe and entered the snowy village. Erin started to shiver, but said nothing of it. They headed towards Argus' house using a secret passage.

Once they entered Argus' house, Erin looked around and saw no one there.

"You SAID Locke?" asked Erin, getting annoyed.

Arvis walked in and saw them. Soon after, the door that Locke, Celes, and Erin had jut came through opened again and Terra, Edgar, and Banon came in.

"Ah, my friends! Hello King Edgar, Terra, and Banon. Hello to you as well Erin, and you Locke. Who might you be?" asked Argus, turning to face Celes.

"General Celes of the Imperial Army. Well, I should say Former General," Celes sighed, and looked towards the ground.

"We found her in South Figaro. They were abusing her, and I have a feeling she was going to be murdered…" stated Locke.

"Of course! What else would they do to `traitors'?" sarcastically said Celes.

"Hey Edgar, where's Sabin?" asked Erin, interrupting the argument.

"Sabin well… Sabin fell off of our raft coming down the Lete River. We don't know where he his," Edgar stated.

A silence passed over all of them except Locke and Celes, who were still arguing about what was being done to Celes.

The front door opened, and everyone looked up. Celes and Locke stopped arguing to see who is was.

Sabin walked in, followed by two other people. One of them looked really tall and important. The other looked like a wild boy in his teens.

"Sabin, your safe!" said Edgar.

"Of course! I would like you to meet Cyan Garamonde of Doma Castle, and Gau from the Veldt," explained Sabin, introducing the two people.

Cyan looked at Celes. A frown twisted across his face. "General Celes, what a surprise. Did you think you could get away with poisoning Doma!"

"Woah, wait a second!" Erin stated, stopping Cyan in his tracks, "Mom, or Celes as you know her by, is no longer faithful to the Imperial Army. They marked her as a traitor for something, I don't know what, and locked her away in a basement in South Figaro to be killed. Locke and I just happened to find her and saved her from her sentence!"

"Hmph," Cyan said, looking down at Erin.

"There will be no more fighting here! We must be ready for anything, especially if Kefka invades this town. Right now, I think it best to go find that Esper," Argus stated, interrupting everything.

"Sounds good to me," Locke and Edgar said together.

Everyone headed through the mines and into what Erin saw as a `Maze'. There were huge walls of snow towering over her. They headed to the back of there and started to hear footsteps in the snow.

"Their close. Let's split into three groups. Banon, stay back. We will protect you," whispered Locke to everyone else.