Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 27

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 27

~~

A/N: You are in for a five-page chapter this time! I just keep on getting longer on you!

~~

Erin leaned against the sink and stared at her reflection. She brushed back her hair with her hand and sighed, watching as a tear rolled down her check. She brushed it away and sighed again.

"That couldn't be true! But it feels like it is! The only Kuja I know if the one that seems to be corrupting my mother," Erin whispered so that no one outside could hear her.

"Erin, we need to go!" yelled a voice through the door.

"I'm coming!" she yelled back.

She sighed one last time, and then walked back through the door. She left the room before anyone could say anything, and finally left the inn.

"I hear the Impresario is looking for someone to play the part of Maria!" exclaimed a girl excitedly.

"Yeah right, like you'll get it! Hey, look over there!" another girl exclaimed.

"Hey, that girl looks almost like Maria! Hey you, the tall girl! Go visit Owzer's House and see if you can get the part of Maria!" the first girl yelled to Celes.

Celes shrugged, and then started towards the back of the town. The rest of the group looked at each other, shrugged, and then followed Celes.

They found her right inside of Owzer's House looking at a note.

"Looks like this `Impresario' left for the Opera House," Celes explained, "Why don't we head there? We have nothing else to do!"

"Sure, why not?" Edgar stated.

"Well, nothing to do until we know Terra's better," Erin sighed.

"True, let's go then. Anyone know where the Opera house is?" Sabin asked the group as the left the building.

They left town after checking the inn for a world map. They found the Opera House south of Jidoor. So, with that, they left town and started heading south, defeating any monsters that got in their way.

After several hours of travel, they finally spotted a building in the distance.

"That must be it," Locke commented.

After another hour of traveling and fighting, they finally made it to the Opera House.

"Welcome! Oh my... you look perfect for the part of Maria!" a person at the entrance said, "I am the Impresario. Could you please play the part of Maria?"

"Please?" the group asked her.

Celes walked forward and turned around to face them again.

"I'm a general, NOT some Opera floozy!" she exclaimed.

"Please?" Erin asked again.

"I guess, but an opera means singing. And I can't sing," Celes admitted.

The Impresario looked and Erin, a smile creeping up on his face.

"What?" Erin asked.

"Excuse me, young lady. Could you take care of the singing for your friend here?" he asked.

Erin glared at him, and then looked at Celes. She mouthed, `Please' before Erin turned to look at the others. They smiled at her.

"Fine," Erin said, finally giving in.

"Thank you! Please come this way you two," Impresario said, ushering the two back to the dressing rooms.

"Your script is in there so that you can practice. Please have it memorized by the performance!" he ordered, walking out of the room.

Erin sighed as she went over to the closet to find an outfit she could put over her regular clothes, just incase she needed to make a quick change.

`I hope I don't have to though,' she thought as she grabbed a dress that she thought would be good for someone that was just singing, not acting.

Erin managed to get it on over her regular clothes, and no one would be able to tell she had them on.

"Hey Erin, want your hair put up?" Celes asked, pulling out the ponytail Erin had put in the day before.

"Sure. Thanks mom," Erin stated, and went to pick up the script booklet before Celes started.

"I hope you like this style," Celes said, pulling back Erin's bangs back into a ponytail. "Simple, but nice."

"Thanks, I love it!" Erin exclaimed, looking at their reflection in mirror. "I'm going to go read this script."

"Well read it fast Erin, show starts soon," Locke said, walking in.

"Thanks for telling us Locke. We are ready once Erin is," Celes stated, pulling a bow into her hair.

"You look lovely, Celes," Locke commented.

Erin pulled the script up over her face and started giggling silently.

"Thank you long. Let's go, Erin," Celes said, walking over to Erin, and pulling down the script in front of her face.

Erin smiled, and got up, setting the script down on the table. "Let's go!"

"You are ready? All right then, I'll show you to the stage so we can get started. Young lady, you will have to stay back stage and do the lines from there. And you, the one that's playing Maria, you will still have to mouth them as this young lady does them," Impresario explained.

"Very well then, we will do that then. Let's go already!" Celes said, and followed the Impresario out of the room and to the stage.

"Okay, young lady, stand here, and make sure you stay out of sight, but you can still see what's going on. Also make sure you move around back stage when someone else speaks, if need be," the Impresario explained to Erin.

"I understand," Erin replied, letting Impresario go and talk with her mom.

She looked out in the seats and only saw a few people. Their friends, to be exact. Locke, Edgar, Cyan, Sabin, and Gau were all sitting there. And they were the only ones there.

"Lights!" shouted the Impresario.

The Opera went off without a hitch, and Erin managed to do everything she was told. That is, until she noticed something in the rafters.

"What the? A octopus?" she asked herself when it wasn't her part.

It seemed as if Locke noticed it also, as he started talking with the others. They were nodding their heads. They ran off to the right after the Impresario told them something. It seemed like they were in a major hurry. Erin looked back up, and saw that this `octopus' had a five-pound weight with him. Erin gasped silently.

She looked back down, glad that this was a scene where she had no lines. She saw the group running back and to the left this time. She looked up and gasped again as she saw them carefully maneuvering their way through the rafters to this octopus. When they made it to him, the octopus pushed off the weight.

"WATCH OUT!" Erin yelled, running onstage, and pushing the dancing people out of the way.

She heard the weight fall down behind her and sighed. She watched this octopus fall as fell, and the group jumped down as well.

The boys start to fight him, and eventually get him to leave. Erin manages to watch the very end of the battle, just as she and Celes are grabbed by two men and taken off stage.

"Stop squirming!" one of them said, the one that was holding Erin.

The two men took them onto an airship and locked them into a room.

"I finally got Maria!" the other one said. He had long, silver hair, and a scar down his left cheek.

"Yeah Setzer, but who's this?" the younger one ask the man.

"No clue, but I got Maria, let's get out of here!" Setzer said, walking out of the room, followed by the younger boy.

Erin followed them with her eyes, wondering why he looked so familiar. But just as the door closed, she heard someone jumping into the room.

"Phew, you're safe!" stated one of them.

"Locke, Sabin, Edgar, Cyan, Gau! You're all here!" Celes said from where she was sitting.

"Yeah," Locke said, and cut the ropes that had been put on the girls' wrists.

"I'll go check on them," came a voice from the other side of the door.

"I'm coming with you!" said the voice of Setzer.

"Uh oh, we got company," Sabin said as the door opened.

The two men at the door stared in shock.

"Who are you? Are you trying to take Maria?" Setzer asked them.

"My name is NOT Maria! I'm Celes!" Celes said.

"Yeah, she was acting as Maria," Erin said, walking over to Celes.

"And who are you?" the boy asked.

"My name is Erin."

~~

A/N: Any guesses on who the boy is? Well, I know! And so does my friend after she guessed! Anyways...:

Please review!