Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 30

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 30

~~

A/N: Woohoo! Never thought I'd make it this far! Two new reviews while I was writing this chapter too! Yay! Oh, and if anyone's wondering why in the world I'm happy, it's because I got a brand new copy of FF8 yesterday along with two books. My old FF8 had a part on the first disk it couldn't get past cause it locked up. I finally gotta do that scene last night! So, I'm happy now!

Andromeda Highwind: You'll just hafta read on won't you? (if you've read this far, you'll know who it is!)

DarkHolyKnight: Hello again, and thanks for reviewing! I'll try and keep up the good job the best I can!

On with the story!

~~

Erin walked below deck and claimed the couch she had slept on the night before. She quickly fell asleep, probably from all the stuff that had happened that day. However, she ended up having a dream that night.

Erin looked around at her surroundings. She was once again in that tube and Kuja was standing outside of it.

"Now, say Erin," the older man instructed her.

"Air!" she stated.

"No, not air, Erin," he instructed again.

"Rin!" Erin said that time.

"No, not rin, Erin!" he said again.

It seemed Kuja was getting mad. But, at that moment, Garland walked in.

"KUJA! What are you doing to Angelrin?" Garland yelled.

"Her name isn't Angelrin! It's ERIN! You gave her that name yourself, yet you refuse to use it!" Kuja shouted at the older man.

Erin looked at the two men arguing through the glass.

"You didn't answer my question! What are you going to her?" Garland asked again.

"I'm teaching her how to speak, which is more than you will do!" Kuja yelled, opening the glass up and picking up the two-year-old.

Erin looked up at the older man, her innocent eyes shining with tears.

"We're going outside," Kuja said, leaving the room.

Erin looked out at wonder at the city she was in. There were blue lights everywhere. But then, she started to get a headache.

"Ah yes, that's right, you aren't used to being outside that accursed tube that sinister man keeps you in. I'll make sure you get a proper family, that I will..." Kuja voice faded off as Erin snapped awake.

She was panting as if she had just run for hours. She was also sweating as if she had done so. She looked down at her hand and felt tear swelling in her eyes.

"That dream seemed so real, but it couldn't be! It just can't be! The only Kuja I know is the mean one. He could never be that nice!" Erin whispered to herself.

She got up and walked up on deck to find Setzer still driving.

"Morning," she said to him, walking up behind him, "Sunrise sure is beautiful."

He looked around at her surprised.

"Didn't think anyone would be up now," he replied.

"Well, I couldn't stay asleep if you know what I mean. Had a dream I don't really want to talk about," Erin explained, walking up to the front of the ship and looking out over the railing.

"We should be in Zozo soon. Do you think everyone should be up in an hour or so?" Setzer asked the young girl.

"Yeah," Erin said, as she also nodded her head in response.

"I guess you can stay out here if you want. If you are even the least bit tired and come out here, I've found that the rushing air wakes you right up," Setzer explained, readjusting his grip on the wheel.

"Yeah, I'm going to stay out here. I've always liked the outdoors," Erin exclaimed, looking out into the distance.

`Man I miss you mom. Kefka, what'd you do to her!' Erin though to herself as they continued to pass over the ocean.

Erin stood there for the next hour, readjusting her position when need be so that she didn't get stiff.

Harry eventually joined them, followed by Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Locke, and Gau. Harry walked over to join Erin, and saw Zozo in the distance.

"We'll be there in a few minutes. After that, we have to walk in. So, where's this friend of yours, Erin?" Harry asked the girl.

"She's in the tallest building there, and it takes about half an hour to get up there," Erin explained.


"You know what Erin? I have a feeling that we are going to become close friends," Harry stated.

"Yeah, so do I," Erin said, just as the airship landed.

The group walked off of the airship, and followed Erin down the path most of the group had taken just days before. They traveled up the building, getting up to where Terra was half an hour later.

"Terra!" Erin yelled, running up to her half-esper friend.

"Let's hope this helps," Locke said, placing the Shiva and Ifrit magicites next to Terra's body.

After, it seemed as if Terra was in a trance for a good half hour. When she finally snapped out of it, she returned to her human form. She sat up and looked around at them.

"Terra, you're all right!" Erin whispered.

Terra nodded her head and opened her hand to find a magicite in it.

"Father," Erin heard Terra whisper.

"Who's that?" Erin asked calmly.

"It's Maduin, my esper father," Terra replied.

"That's nice to know," Erin said, smiling. "So, shall we get going?"

"Where to?" Setzer asked.

"Who's that?" Terra asked, looking at Setzer and Harry.

"That's Setzer, the taller one. The shorter one is Harry. Setzer, Harry, this is Terra," Erin said, making the introductions.

Terra slowly got up, and the group left the room. They made the half hour trip back down, and exited Zozo. They headed back towards the airship. Setzer was the first to break the silence.

"Where to now?" he asked again.

"Locke, you decide," Erin stated, walking back over to where she had been standing earlier, this time joined by Terra.

"Let's head to Narshe," the man said, walking over to the two girls.

"Very well then," Setzer replied, taking the wheel, and starting up the airship.

The rest of the team but Erin, Harry, Setzer, Locke, and Terra headed below deck. Harry went over and joined Erin, Terra, and Locke.

They enjoyed the trip in silence, arriving in Narshe an hour later. Setzer went down to tell everyone below deck. They apparently were going to stay there, and just have Erin, Locke, Terra, Setzer, and Harry go in.

"Let's go," Locke said, walking off of the airship for the second time that day.

The group followed Locke off of the ship and entered Narshe. A guard told them to follow him to the elder's house. They did so, and soon found themselves standing in the elder's room. He started telling the about some nonsense, and soon let them leave.

Just as they were leaving, Erin noticed something on a high ledge.

"Hey guys, I just saw something. Can we go check it out?" Erin asked them.

"Sure, why not? Let's go," Locke replied, following the 6-year-old to where she saw the thing.

Erin entered a building and saw a wolf-like creature standing there, taking something from a chest. He yelped as he noticed the group standing and ran out of the building.

Erin ran after him, quickly followed by Locke, Terra, Setzer, and Harry. The group chased the wolf through the mines, eventually ending up on the outside ledge. He was holding what looked like a moogle in his hand. A gust of breeze blew and blew the wolf on one side of the bridge, and the moogle on the other side.

"PICK WHICH ONE YOU WANT! Me or the fuzzy thing?" the wolf yelled.

"I vote for the moogle," Erin whispered, "What do you all say?"

"Moogle," they all said in unison.

Erin run forward and pulled the moogle up. Just in time too, because the breeze picked up again and the wolf was blown away.

"Hey, are you okay?" Erin asked the moogle.

"Yes, kupo!" the moogle replied, helping himself up.

Locke helped Erin back up, and then turned to the moogle. "Excuse me, would you like to join us Mog?" Locke asked the moogle.

"May I, kupo?" Mog asked.

"Yes you can!" Erin replied.

"Thanks, kupo!" Mog replied, jumping up and down in joy.

"Let's get back to the airship and head for the Cave to the Sealed Gate, like the elder said we should," Harry suggested.

"You mean you actually listened to him?" Erin asked as they walked back through the mines to town.

"Yeah," Harry replied.

They walked the rest of the way in silence, and made it back to the airship in ten minutes.

"Who's your new friend?" Setzer asked from his position leaning against the wheel.

"This is Mog. We saved him!" Erin replied happily.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, kupo!" Mog said.

"Why don't you head below deck, Mog?" Setzer asked the moogle.

Mog nodded his head and headed below deck.

"So, where to now?" Setzer asked, trying to hold back a yawn.

"Cave to the Sealed Gate. It's near Vector," Erin replied, walking back to her post at the front of the ship.

~~

A/N: Woah! Six pages including this and the first author's notes! Yay! Anyways:

Please review!