Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 44

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 44

A/N: Not much to say.

To the reviewers: Glad to know you like it (except for kinichiwa, who I don't even give a darn about). Hope you enjoy this slightly shorter chapter, and sorry for the wait!

~*~

Disclaimer: See previous chapters.

~*~

Erin sighed herself, hoping she wasn't being too hard on Relm. Several minutes later, Relm came back.

"They said it's fine. Besides, old fuddy duddy down there is using Edgar's shoulder as a pillow!" Relm exclaimed, holding back a giggle.

They left the ship and headed into town. Erin noticed something strange right at the back of town, and went to investigate. She saw a small pigeon sitting outside a house, and she headed into the house after grabbing everyone else.

"Look at what my boyfriend in Mobliz is sending me!" the girl exclaimed.

'Mobliz? But, the only ones in Mobliz are Terra and those kids!' Erin thought.

"Excuse me, but could you attach this to the bird outside this house?" the woman asked.

"Of course," Setzer exclaimed, taking the letter.

They walked out of the house. "Hey, we need to follow that bird. There's NO way they are coming from Mobliz!"

"How come, Erin?" Harry asked.

"Because, well, just after mom and I had found Sabin, we get to Mobliz. It's a wreck! The only people there are some kids and... and..." Erin mumbled, pained at the thought.

"Who else?" Setzer asked calmly.

"T...T...Terra..." she finally mumbled.

"That's right, you and her were close friends!" Relm exclaimed.

Erin slowly nodded her head. "Anyways, Setzer, attach it in a few minutes or something. Give us three minutes to get to back. And RUN when you attach it!"

"Right."

The three started running back to the airship, thankfully not bumping into anyone. Setzer made it back a few minutes later as Harry was starting up the engines. The ship set sail, and Erin silently prayed that they didn't run into Doom Gaze. The rest of the group had come up to see why they had started up so quickly.

Celes walked up to where Erin was standing, and Erin felt a gentle hand on her shoulder. The airship was in the air, and they were closely following the bird. Within minutes, the bird had landed in the last place Erin wanted to go right now... Zozo.

"Oh man, why here?" Erin mumbled.

She could've sworn she heard the others who had gone there before start complaining. Namely, Erin, Harry, Setzer, Celes, Terra, Edgar, and Sabin. Strago had come up, mumbling something about being awoken from his great dream he was having.

"So, who's going?" Erin finally asked.

"We don't know what to expect, that's the thing," Celes pointed out. "How about, Erin, Edgar, Sabin, and myself?"

"HEY! I want to go too!" Relm complained.

"Alright, alright, you can come Relm. We'll see all of you," Celes said, pointing to everyone else on the ship, "We'll see all of you later."

The group walked off of the ship and started towards the thief central. After finding the bird that had been set off from Maranda. The bird set off again, and the party started at a break-neck speed to catch up with it. After climbing the ridiculously hard tower, they found one of the doors that had been locked the previous year unlocked. The bird zoomed into the door and flew off.

With the adults in the lead, they started through a cave, which, after minutes of cleaning off a nameplate outside the door, they found it was called Mt. Zozo. The monsters here were the same as those outside which Erin and Celes had run from before. But now that they had a more complete party, they somehow managed to kill these off.

After trekking through several rooms of the cave, they finally came to a large chamber in which a large dragon was flying around.

"Could this be one of the legendary dragons? The ones that supposedly protect a legendary item?" Edgar whispered so as to not draw the dragon's attention.

"Probably," Celes replied in a whisper, "Let's draw its attention."

The group walked forward cautiously. The dragon looked down and noticed the group. He swooped down, aiming an attack at Relm. Relm ducked just in time to avoid the attack. The White Dragon started circling again, and Erin could tell someone was trying to cast a Scan spell.

"HOLD STILL!" Celes shouted at it.

"Maybe it'll work if we have two people doing it!" Erin suggested, and started concentrating on casting her own Scan spell.

As she stared down the circling dragon, her spell finally hit. 'Storm Dragon. One of the legendary dragons said to protect an item of legend. Weak against Lightning.' Erin shivered at the thought of having to use the Bolt spell she'd learned from Ramuh.

"Well?" Edgar asked, barely avoiding another attack.

"It's the Storm Dragon, and like we guessed, it's one of the legendary dragons!" Erin said quickly. "It's weak against Lightning, but at least two of us will have to heal. I'll be one."

"And I'll be the other," Relm exclaimed.

The three adults all started charging for Bolt. This was definitely going to be a hard battle unless this dragon stopped circling. Erin looked up and saw the dragon diving towards the two of them. Relm noticed it right in time, and the two ducked to avoid a blow. Erin felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end from the dragons sweep.

Erin unsheathed her sword, and whispered to Relm, "Heal when someone get down, but they need help!"

"Right," Relm replied, grabbing a sword that apparently she had been given. Realizing Erin's confusion, Relm told her how she had gotten it. "While I was heading to Maranda, I bought this. It's called a Falchion."

"I thought you couldn't use swords though?" Erin wondered.

"Well, I'm trying to learn!" Relm replied, preparing to attack.

'Whatever,' Erin thought, lunging at the dragon.

They had the dragon defeated in half an hour. A voice in their heads told them they had seven dragons left. Not knowing what it was talking about, they pressed forward.

After a little more climbing, the group finally came to a room filled with flowers. Erin spotted a treasure chest and tried to open it, but it was locked. 'At a moment like this, what I wouldn't do to know how to unlock this!' Erin thought in complaint.

They headed through the next cave door to find a fifty or so year old man standing at the edge of a cliff holding a bird. He had graying hair, and some of it was held in a ponytail at the base of his neck, which reached halfway down his back. The man was extremely tall, at least six feet tall.

"Cyan!" Erin shouted at the man.

Cyan jumped slightly at the sound of Erin's voice and looked around at the group.

"How did you find me?" he asked gruffly, examining the group.

"Let's see," Edgar replied, thinking. "We followed a carrier pigeon here..."

"That good enough?" Erin sighed.

Cyan glared at them, and sent off the pigeon. The older man just continued to stare off into the distance. They stayed there in silence for several minutes before the battle-hardened knight looked Celes in the eye.

Hoping to break the silence, it was Relm who spoke. "Shouldn't we get going? Kefka isn't going to wait forever for us, you know?"

"I agree," Sabin said immediately. "Let's go."

Without another word, they left, but not before Erin noticed a chest sitting there. She wedged it open with the tip of a small dagger she had acquired a while ago to see what was in it. There were two books sitting there with the titles of, "Book of Secrets" and "Machinery Manual".

Not even bothering to look through them, she stuffed them in her bag with the intentions of later investigation. Erin ran to catch up with the rest of the group and they left the area. After the climb down the tower, they headed back to the airship.

They headed below deck to find a wandering rest-of-the-group. Someone had apparently taken Strago to a room, because Edgar was up and walking around talking to his brother. Celes went to go gather everyone while the rest of the group proceeded to the couches.

~*~

A/N: Okay, this is a slightly shorter chapter but I figured I needed to get one up! I mean, it's only been a month! Anyways, I've started work on a site for this story so expect me to maybe update or something within the next two weeks! Thanks, and please review!