Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 47 ( Chapter 47 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 47

~*~

A/N: Wow, this is getting wound down to the end of the game! Okay, so there's still... 8 days/chapters (counting this one) left. And that's NOT including the segment at the end of the FF6 section as a recap of the entire thing. Can't believe I actually have to start planning for FF8 already!

LuccaAshtear: Just so you know, I'm bad at Cyan's accent so it is supposed to be off. And it's not my fault Square made FF6 so darn long... But I'll get to the next one, okay?

Just so everyone knows… school is the majority of my life right now. Just thought you should know the reason for delayed updates.

~*~

Disclaimer: See a different chapter. I'm too lazy to do it again.

~*~

The following morning, both Relm and Erin woke up bright and early. Both headed above deck to get a bit of fresh air. Leaning against the railing, Erin stared out at the destruction around them. The first time she'd truly taken in what had happened to this world.

There wasn't a single living plant in site. All the grass was dead. Everything was just destroyed.

"Sad, isn't it?"

"Yeah."


"Say, when we beat Kefka, want to head back to Jidoor with me? I promised Owzer I'd finish that painting, after all!"

"Sure!" Erin replied happily. `It'd be better than going home and facing mother.'

"I wonder when everyone else is going to be up..."

"I guess we just wait and see."

"Yeah."

The two girls were quiet after that, both staring out at the destroyed world. A slight breeze blew, ruffling the waist-length hair of Erin and the shoulder-length hair of Relm. Erin sighed as she felt the breeze, slight yet always there.

"You two sure look bored."

Both girls jumped at the voice, and looked around to see Celes at the stairway.

"Yeah, we are," Relm replied.

"Hey mom? What are we gonna do today?" Erin mumbled when Celes walked up next to the two kids.

"Weren't you listening at dinner? We've decided to head back to Mobliz."

"To check in on Terra?"

"That, and to see if she wants to join us. Plus, that one monster... what was it called, Erin?"

"Phunbaba."


"Right, to see if it's come back."

Relm looked at the other two, very confused. "Umm, I'm lost here. I wasn't with you until two days ago remember? Could someone PLEASE explain?"

"Alright, I shall do so," Celes replied. "Four days ago, I awoke from being asleep for a year. It was just Erin and myself until we went to Tzen, where we helped Sabin out and then he joined us. The next day, we found Mobliz, and helped Terra out with the beast, called Phunbaba, that's been terrorizing the town. We left, and found Edgar in..."

"South Figaro," Erin said, knowing that she should explain some. "We followed him into Figaro Castle, and then, after much convincing, he joined us after a battle that was staling the moving castle. We headed for Kohlingen, and found both Setzer and Harry there. We headed for a Setzer's friend's tomb and found this airship there."

"That night," Celes went on, "We fought a monster called Doom Gaze for the first time. "

"And, after the battle, we headed for Jidoor and found you. And well, you know the story from there," Erin finished.

"Oh," Relm sighed.

The three girls just stood there, completely silent, letting the wind, which was particularly strong that day, be the only noise source. Erin felt a chill run up her bare legs and arms and the girl shivered slightly. Sure, she was used to the cold. Anyone who lived in Alexandria was used to it. Cold winters always became a problem there. But still, Garnet and herself were required to wear summer clothing, even in the coldest of days.

After at least a half an hour, a chorus of footsteps came tromping up the stairs like a herd of wild chocobos. Erin, nor Relm or Celes, even flinched as the men joined them. They could hear wisps of brief conversations of `hello', `good morning', `hi', and the general greeting procedures. Finally Celes spoke up, loudly, enough to scare away a group of small monsters that had grouped around the bottom of the ship.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" Celes wondered loudly, enough to drown out the men's voices. Well, she hadn't been a general for nothing. She had learned to over-speak loud men.

Erin looked up at Celes and whispered, "I thought we had decided?"

"I know. Let's get their input today," Celes winked, and then turned her attention back to the men.

"Why don't you three decide?" Edgar yawned. Apparently, either he was very tired or he hadn't slept much the past night.

"Okay, then it's decided," Relm exclaimed. "We are going after Terra!" This immediately got Sabin's attention.

"Celes, are you sure? Doesn't she have the kids to take care of?" the muscle man asked.

"We know and understand that, Sabin, but we need all the help we can get. Besides, Phunbaba might..." Celes explained to the larger man.

"Woah, woah, no need to say anymore, I understand what you are saying. Setzer set course for Mobliz. We'll show you where it is!" Sabin interjected.

"Roger that," Setzer grinned, and started up the airship, once again scaring away that group of small monsters Erin had been watching.

Sabin and Celes helped guide Setzer towards their destination while the rest of the group had murmured conversations. They arrived within an hour, thanks to the guidance of Celes and Sabin. When they landed, they quickly split into a group of Erin, Harry, Relm, Celes, Setzer, and Sabin.

Setting out, they quietly made their way towards the dying town. The area was dead of any sound except for their own, echoing footsteps. If a monster decided to attack, they'd definitely hear it. As they continued on, not a single monster attacked. Erin was becoming suspicious of the situation.

Finally, they arrived, and the town was silent of all sound also. They headed for where they knew Terra would be, and as they expected, she was there.

"Terra!" Erin exclaimed. "Has Phunbaba attacked since we were here?"

Terra didn't even need to answer the question. The ground above them started shaking and all the children fled to the corner in terror. "Aiya!" Erin mumbled. "Let's go and get rid of that thing once and for all!" Terra watched them leave, and, as soon as they were gone, she went after them in case they needed any help.

The group was beating away at Phunbaba, Erin or Celes healing when need-be. After they figured they'd taken little damage off of the beast, it threw another move their way. One that wiped out all but two people from the group. Erin felt herself hit something and it seemed almost as if something cracked, but she didn't, nor couldn't, find out what. Soon to join her was Celes, Harry, and Relm who all took a hard landing as well.

"Terra!" they could hear Sabin shout from the distance.

"Owie..." Relm mumbled from where she sat.

"Are you three all right?" Celes asked, getting up to see.

"What does it look like? No!" Harry sighed.

A large crash was heard in the distance, and then a splash in the nearby water. Setzer and Sabin were running their way. Apparently, they had killed Phunbaba. "Celes, you guys okay?" Sabin asked.

"No. Well, I am, but we need to get these three back to the airship and healed up. Erin hasn't even said a peep though," Celes explained.

"Peep," Erin joked, but soon wished she hadn't

"We'll be right back you three. We've got to go talk with Terra," Setzer explained, and then ran off. Sabin and Celes soon followed. Erin sighed as they watched the figures, now unable to hear their voices.

"Hey, Erin, you okay?" Harry asked, looking over at the other girl. Erin didn't even reply. It took too much energy. "I take that as a major no."

As Setzer had promised, the group soon returned with Terra. They helped the kids back to the ship, they being Sabin, Terra, and Celes, and nursed them back to health. Erin fell asleep without even eating and slept for the rest of the day

When she woke up, it was pitch dark and only a few shuffles of feet in their rooms could be heard. She saw Relm's sleeping body, and then heard the rumble in her stomach. She snuck up to the kitchen to grab something to eat and turned on a light. Going so revealed that now she was now wearing bandages under her shirt and she sighed. "Great..." she complained to herself as she finished eating. Erin snuck back down, after turning off the light, and went to where Celes' room was. There was a faint glow from under the door, so Erin decided that it was hopefully safe to enter.

"Mom?" Erin said in the darkness. Celes peaked her head out of the bathroom and smiled.

"I'll be there in a minute Erin," the woman replied and shut the bathroom door. Erin sat down on the bed and waited for Celes to come out, which really didn't take too long. "Nice to see that you are awake. You probably took the worst beating out of us all."

"Yeah, I could tell," Erin sighed as Celes sat down next to her.

"I think it's probably safe to take off those bandages by now. Do you mind?" Celes asked. Erin shook her head, so Celes set to work removing them. It took at least a good twenty minutes to get them off as Celes worked in silence. "There, that's better. Still a few bruises, but those should heal up in a few days."

"Hey mom."

"Yeah?"

"Where are we headed next?" Erin questioned.

"I think we decided on... finding Locke," Celes replied with a little hint of happiness in her voice. "Who all are we still missing anyways?"

"I thought we went through this before," Erin complained. "Now we're missing Locke, Mog, Shadow, and if there's anyone else, I can't think of them right now."

"I think that's it too. Let's see, we currently have, us two, Sabin, Edgar, Setzer, Harry, Relm, Strago, Cyan, Gau, and Terra," Celes said. "Well, it's gonna be an early day tomorrow, so try and get some sleep, okay? Good night, Erin."

~~

A/N: Ack! Sorry for the horrible delay on this chapter, but there's on major reason: school. Also, new address for the site!

http://tloet.ffnm.net

Thanks for putting up with my delay, and enjoy!