Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 53 ( Chapter 53 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 53

--

A/N: Lets do this :). Short chapter alert most likely. Only have one thing happening this chapter for once.

Hyne: Thanks for reviewing ^^.

--

Disclaimer: Square owns all FF characters, original ones are mine.

--

The next day, almost everyone was up early, planning out what to do.

"Go fight Kefka?" one suggested.

"Explore some more?" another suggested.

"Just keep on arguing like this?" one other suggested.

"Hold on guys, hold on. We aren't going to get anywhere like this. How about we go take a ride on Figaro Castle and maybe we'll think of something then," Edgar suggested.

"Why not just stay here?" Setzer asked.

"Maybe we'll find something in Figaro," Edgar shrugged. "Hard to say. If not, we can come back here and argue some more."

"How about this," Celes said. "Let's go down to Figaro, see if we can find anything there, if not, we go ahead and head off to fight Kefka. Okay?" Everyone agreed to that plan. "Alright, who wants to go then?"

"Well, I volunteer Erin for a spot. Awesome healer," Terra said, causing Erin to blush. "Edgar had also better go along, seeing as it is his castle. Anyone else?"

"What about Celes, Sabin, and Mog for his charm just in case?" Locke suggested.

"Yeah, let's go then," Edgar said, apparently happy to be able to go to his castle. Setzer went to go start up the airship and the group went up to the deck. As soon as they landed, they headed off for Figaro Castle.

They easily gained access into the castle, thanks to Edgar, and they decided to go tell the driver to take them down. The castle's motors started up and they took off, but didn't take off for long. The trip came to a screeching halt when they came upon something.

"King Edgar, do wish for us to continue on or would you like to stop here?" the driver asked the man.

"Stop here please," he told him. "Come on guys, I know the exit." He winked as he led them over to the jail cell area. They went over to the last cell and entered a hole in the wall. The party had come upon some kind of cave. Slowly, they made their way through it in silence, except for the occasional water drop from the ceiling.

After their search of the caves, they finally found the outside where a destroyed castle lay.

"Should we?" Erin asked, looking ahead.

"Yeah, lets go," Celes said, and they set off yet again. They took the main path, as well as they could, and went up the stairs and in the door. Up ahead, there was something shining on the floor. They approached it, Erin went to pick it up and everyone was brought into a flashback.

"What is this, kupo...?" Mog asked, looking around, everyone just as confused as the moogle.

"It's an attack! The esper's are attacking!" a voice shouted somewhere in the distance.

"It's a replay of events that happened 1000 years ago..." Celes realized. "A great battle was waged here."

"Only Odin is left here," a voice said, a female one.

"Leave it in the hands of Odin, of course..." another, male, voice told the female. "Are your wounds healed, Shiva?" Erin almost jumped when the voice said that name. "We must leave this battle in Odin's hands, we have no other options."

"This city... It was ruined by the War of the Magi," Celes told them.

"Atom Edge!" a voice cried again and again. The image of an esper appeared in front of them, along with that of a human man. "No! You can't turn me into magicite!"

"The legend of the Ancient Castle says that a battle between Odin and a powerful sorcerer took place in the great hall of the castle," Celes said. In front of them, the sorcerer turned Odin into a magicite, and Erin realized she was holding that magicite in her hands now. "Let's keep going. There's more secrets hidden in this castle."

"Wait, Celes, how do you know about this place?" Edgar asked.

"Back when I was training to become a General... I read a story once that spoke of this castle and the battle that took place here between the Esper's and the Human's. As you may have guessed, the esper's were overpowered and turned into magicite," Celes explained. The went ahead a little bit more and Erin soon realized she had stepped on something. They heard something open to their right and they looked over there and saw a set of stairs.

They went to explore and found another small room, and Erin spotted something shining over in the bookcase. She examined it, seeing as there was no exit in the room. Something opened up behind her, she looked back and there was a staircase there. "Come on guys, I'm feeling lucky," she told them, and they went down the stairs.

In front of them, flying around, was another dragon. This one was a pure-blue, which gave an obvious hint to what it was weak against. Just in case, Erin did a quick scan and her suspicions were confirmed. "Lets kill this guy. Use lightning spells on him," she told them. "And I have one question. Why am I always doing the scans now?"

"Cause your doing great as a white mage and back-up fighter," Celes told Erin, pulling out her blade. They all starting attacking the dragon, Erin casting mostly attack spells instead of healing, but throwing out the occasional cure. She pulled out her sword and joined in with the fighting, helping to slay the Blue Dragon.

After it was dead, they looked up the hall and saw a statue of a lady. "So even that legend was true. The legend also says that the powerful sorcerer turned the Queen of Ancient Castle into pure stone after she had confessed her love for Odin." They went up to the statue and found a piece of paper there.

'I realize now that I'm in love with Odin. However... this breaks every single rule in our society. My heart says otherwise, though, he is an elegant and quite noble man. How could they blame me? After the fighting I must find him and tell him the truth.'

They all looked up at the statue and saw a solitary tear on the stone cheek of the Queen. It rolled down her cheek and landed on Odin.

'If however, I shall turn to stone and Odin into magicite... If my tear shall ever hit that precious stone, it will become Raiden.'

Erin almost had to hold back her own tears from the tragic love story, but they had no time to waste. They decided to head back to Figaro and get back to the airship. The trip back didn't take long, having already learned the way from heading in. They told the driver to head back to where they had come from.

Soon enough, the group was back on the airship and discussing how they were going to take on Kefka.

"I have at least one suggestion," Erin sighed. "Let's wait til tomorrow to do it. Also, I think we should probably split up into three different groups to be able to cover more ground. That is a pretty large tower."

"That sounds like a good idea," Terra agreed. "On that note, should we work on the party order now or tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow, to give us time to think on the best combinations. This tower shouldn't be taken lightly, look who's running it," Sabin added.

For the rest of the day, they decided on specific details and sorted out who would take what esper's for equipping.

Finally, at the end of the day, they all decided to break for some sleep, preparing for what the next day would bring.

--

A/N: Dun, dun, dun! Another chapter down and counting... The next chapter OFFICIALLY starts the end of FFVI (just what I KNOW everyone's been waiting for). Yes, that means FF8 will start soon!

And one more side note, please review!