Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Erin Tribal ❯ Chapter 56 ( Chapter 56 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Life of Erin Tribal Chapter 56

--The Start of a New Adventure--

--

A/N: Wow, I've finally reached the point of a new game. What a lot I've gone through so far with this story!

This chapter is going to be my Introductory FF8 chapter. It's going to include a part in Alexandria, and also should at least introduce one of the new original characters!

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, btw, Relm and Harry won't be seen for awhile again. Sorry...

--

Disclaimer: Square-Enix owns FF characters, the original ones are mine.

--

Erin stared down at the ground, afraid to even look her mother in the eye. They had been sitting in silence for several minutes now.

"Princess, you are aware of the consequence that you are about to receive, correct?" Beatrix asked, breaking the silence. Erin simply nodded. "My queen, please proceed."

"Princess Shiva til Alexandros, you are to be punished to two years of training camp. Also in that time you are to find a suitable knight to protect you for all future dates," Queen Brahne ordered. "Beatrix will escort you to this place. You are to stay there without question, understood."

"Yes mother," Erin replied, trying not to hint at the sadness that she was feeling.

"Come, princess," Beatrix said, escorting Erin out of the room. Erin silently followed the knight, not watching where she was going. Not wanting to question any judgement, the girl stayed quiet the whole trip. Finally, they entered a large building with a ton of kids mingling around the hallways. They eventually came to a stop in front of a desk, where a man was waiting on them.

"Thank you," the man said. Beatrix bowed and immediately left. "Alright Miss Shiva, you have been enrolled into Galbadia Garden by your mother, is this correct?" Erin nodded. "We also have down here that you like to go by the name of Erin. Is this also correct?" She nodded again. "Anything else you'd like to say before I assign you your classes."

"I would like to change my enrollment name please," Erin said.

"What do you wish to change it to?" the man asked.

"Erin Marie Cole."

"Very well, that shall be done. Now, here are the classes you will be taking. Within the first week we expect you to find a suitable combat weapon," he explained, and Erin took the schedule in her hands. "I'll call up your guide now. She's around your age, just about seven months older than you I believe." The man pushed a button on his desk. "Would Miss Serenity Star please report to the Headmaster's office immediately. I repeat, would Miss Serenity Star please report to the Headmaster's office immediately."

Erin sighed as they waited. "Oh yes, one more thing," he remembered. "You will be sharing a room with Miss Star when she gets here."

'Oh great,' Erin thought to herself as the door opened behind her.

"Sorry Headmaster, the hallways are packed full," the girl sighed, panting slightly. "You called?"

"Your assignment is here. I would like for you to show Miss Cole here the school, where all her classes are, and where you two will be sharing a room," the headmaster explained.

"You mean I finally get a roommate?" Serenity said, walking up to the desk, giving Erin a chance to examine her. She had elbow-length blonde hair, and was wearing an outfit she'd seen some girls earlier wearing as well, giving Erin the impression that it was the uniform.

"Girls, please get moving along," the headmaster urged them, and Serenity dragged Erin out of the room.

Serenity grabbed Erin's schedule and looked at it. "Wow, we have the same exact classes. Oh by the way, I'm Serenity, but most of the students here just call me Ser. And you are?"

"Erin," the girl simply said.

"Alright, nice to meet you Erin! Let's get going, I'll show you where our classes are. We get new kids daily, so don't even worry about being the new kid around here," Serenity winked as she led Erin along the path. "We'll have to pick up your uniform too. The only time we can wear our own regular clothes is when we are training or in our own spare time." Erin didn't say anything as the other girl explained stuff. "Alright, this is the elevator, it's mostly reserved for the people who can't walk though... Right, downstairs."

'She sure does talk a lot...' Erin thought to herself as they went downstairs.

"Ah man, the traffic jam is still here. Well, I guess we'll just take the long way around!" Serenity frowned, pulling Erin in the opposite direction. "Normally, we'd take that way to our room, but some kids decided to pick a fight at a bad time." She rolled her eyes as they continued on. "Ah, here's where we need to get your uniform... We might as well get it now," the older girl realized, pulling Erin into some random room. "Excuse me," Serenity said, looking at the person behind the desk. "I need to pick up a uniform."

"Miss Star? I'm afraid we have nothing for you," the person said.

"No, it's not for me. It's for Erin here. Erin Cole," Serenity explained.

"Ah right, hold on just one second," the person disappeared for a minute or two, and reappeared with a bundle of clothing. "Hope this fits! Enjoy girls."

The two left the room, and continued on their way, Serenity pointing out where all her classes were, and eventually they came upon the dormitory area. Serenity showed her their room, which was actually quite large. It had two beds, one on either side, and a desk against the wall in the middle.

"You can just stick your stuff anywhere, I don't really care," Serenity said, sitting down on her bed. "So Erin, where did you come from?"

Erin almost answered Alexandria, but then she knew that would just freak the other girl out. "Oh, just some small town that no one's even heard of before."

"Ah that's cool," Serenity smiled, not realizing that Erin was lying. "I'm going to go change into some other clothes. You wanna go shoot hoops for a bit?"

"Yeah, sure, I guess so," Erin replied, not knowing what Serenity was talking about. However she soon found out as Serenity took Erin out to the court to play some basketball.

--

A/N: Haha, I was going to continue this farther but well... I figured might as well stop here. By the way, Serenity is pretty talkative at this point in the story. Oh yes, and if any of you have gone to look at the website (*sees the crickets visiting the website*) then you would know that I list Serenity as a red-head. So why in the WORLD did I say she's blonde? She's bleached her hair. She was tired of always being a red-head and decided to have a change.

Oh yes, also Serenity is quite popular with the teachers, just not so much with the students. She's a teachers pet basically speaking.

Ahem, yes, now that THAT back-story is over, onto the final point: Review. This is the first chapter for Final Fantasy 8, and I'm really (really) hoping it isn't the first chapter you've read (hope you read the previous 55 chapters before this). If it is well, hope you enjoyed it, but you really have missed out on a bunch of background info on Erin.

Alright, I'll be quiet now and just let you review.