Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The New Caravan ❯ Prolog ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

DISCLAIMER::: all races, themes, places and names
other than the names created by me are
property of the owners of the “Final Fantasy series.
I do NOT claim ownership of the series. (nor am I a fan of it)
Story characters and plot modifications made by me.
This story is made for MediaManier and does not
in any way make me money. If found any where else it is stolen
 
Crystal Chronicles
The New Caravan
PROLOG:::
 
Many years ago, too many to count, all the four tribes lived in peace. However when the meteor struck, it wrapped the world in miasma. This made the air poison, and deadly to breath. The four tribes became isolated, forced to reside where the crystal shards were located. With this isolation, war soon erupted. The tribe to lead the war? None other than the Lilties. Though they were small in size, no more than three feet tall, their strength was forged of iron. They took over the Clavats, humans who had greater numbers, but were a peace loving tribe who avoided the takeover, and enslaved the Selkies. The ones who avoided capture ran west, driven out of their home land. They crossed the swamps In hopes to find a new place to call home. But the swamps were a dead end and the miasma eroded their crystals and suffered the pain of the acid-like air until death.
 
Most Selkies were wiped out by this but when the Lilties iron mines ran dry, so stopped their march. The Clavats took place at the top and peace returned to the lands. However when the enslaved Selkies were set free, they were rejected their home land that was taken by the Clavats. From then on, tension between the two tribes was high. One would not trust the other and Selkies were forever looked down on by the rest of the tribes. They were forced to melt with the other tribes, but had to resort to stealing because few would hire them.
 
Something to remember is that the Selkies are NOT human. They are born with a more animal like mind and physically more nimble than the other tribes. However their physical appearance is almost a copy of the Clavats save for a few key details. The Clavats are shorter and have brown, black, red or blond hair. The Silkies are taller, little to no color in their eyes, long and spiky blue, silver or amber hair. Also, the Clavats are well dressed in large, baggy cloths and armor plating, while the Selkies are loosely clad in fur and stolen goods. They also dress in very little amounts, so to stay as light and fast as they can.
 
However, no mater how self-centered any Selkie was, they all knew that their small numbers would soon be reduced to nothing if they were spread out. All the tribes other than the Yukes could interbreed with them and their traits would soon die out. With this fear in mind they were once again forced to find a new home. That home became a desert on an island, miles out to sea, where they could remain out of sight from the other tribes.
 
It is also important to note that the Yukes have been passed over for the majority of the war. This is largely due to their eminence magical ability. They isolated them selfs from the war at its start using their magic and would not open their doors until the Selkies found a new home. As for the appearance of the Yukes, they are said to have no known physical form. Their bodies are covered in robes, and their heads under bird shaped helmets that covered their long 2 foot necks and seem to grow with the Yuke as is ages. Their long arms were one of the only things visible and had four digit hands covered in feathers. Their bodies are weak but they live for great lengths of time and have powerful magic.
 
Now, thousands of years after the meteor, war and conflict with tribes, every one has found their place in the world and just wants to see a new dawn. The crystals that were meant to protect them, would only last a year, before the toll of the miasma would drain their power. To replace that power, the waters of life, or myrrh, that come from the myrrh trees. Rare trees that only grow in places of danger and pain, making them deadly to reach. Because of this need, the four tribes have an unspoken unity and each village sends out a crystal caravan. These caravans are the life-lines of the villages and they are comprised of volunteers of their village who are willing to fight and die in the face of the monsters that plague the land in order to ensure their villages future.
 
I was once the head of our caravan. I am a Selkie of the Village Tipa. I served as a warrior for 15 years. But now I am 32 and decided to marry the girl I love and take over my fathers work as a black smith. For two years I lived this easy life. Had a kid and lived good as a new caravan took our place. Well, thats how I hoped to live, but life likes to throw you hard balls every now and then.