Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The (shinra) office ❯ day four: a furry surprise in every cubicle! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The (shinra) office
 
My leg hurts, I had my appendix taken from me, I'm tired, and I still can't believe you keep reading this. But there's not much I can do about that…and I can't stop making these. I would be bored to death if I didn't. So, here's day four.
 
--Shade-san
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Day four: a furry surprise in every cubicle!
 
Angel sat with her feet up on her desk as she counted the tiles on ceiling. Which, believe me, is about as much fun as it sounds.
 
Well, she was until she heard a small noise.
 
“Mew, mew!”
 
“What the--“
Angel looked around for the location of the noise. She looked up, down, out the window, everywhere except:
 
“Up.”
 
Almost automatically she looked at the ceiling to find a small pair of eyes looking straight back at her.
 
Angel blinked.
 
The eyes blinked.
 
Taking this maturely and adult-like as she did all problems…
 
She walked out the door and into the hallway taking a deep breath…
 
“AAAAAAAGH!”
She screamed panicking as she flailed her arms around. (Calmly, Mind you.)
 
Running right past the head office, where Danielle was currently was standing besides Rufus shinra, the head of the company.
 
While Rufus; who was currently reading the newspaper and drinking his coffee. --Which was black; for your information. -- Watched as a blur flashed across the doorway.
 
“Who was that?”
He asked to no one in particular.
 
“I- I think that was…angel…”
 
“Ah, very well then.”
He told her briefly before returning to his paper.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Reno walked down the hall, his hands in his pockets as he whistled a tune to himself. He hadn't done anything done wrong; in fact, he had barely done anything at all.
 
Well, actually he was supposed to be working but he decided-- yeah I'm lying. He got stuck on a math problem and…well. Here he is.
 
“WHO EVER IS DOWN THERE SHOULD REALLY GET. OUT. OF. MY. WAAAY!”
She yelled effectively knocking him over as she ran down the hall
 
“AAAGH!!”
He screamed as he was knocked against the wall.
 
“What the-- what is her problem?!
Reno said to himself.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Vincent filed papers with the intern close by his side.
 
Honestly, she was starting to get under his skin with her gushing over things -mostly him- and sighing dramatically.
 
“What kind of shampoo do you use?”
She asked him dreamily, her head resting in her hands
 
“How many times have you asked me that?”
He said disgruntled. He knew how many times she had asked that, but he wanted to know if she knew.
 
But as usual she just sighed and stared at him. (He is very handsome isn't he?)
 
Well she would have, until angel put her two cents into the conversation.
 
“OUT OF MY WAY WENCH!”
…Forcefully.
 
“Vincent, Vincent, Vincent….”
She said hugging him around the waist.
 
Valentine was in complete shock as he looked down at angel. He was about to say something until angel beat him to the punch.
 
“You have to come with me! NOW!”
She shouted seriously as she grabbed him by the wrist and dragged him along.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Reno brushed himself off. But not for long.
 
“Reno you gatta come with me right now it's an emergency!”
She said wide-eyed and-- well at that point she looked like a twelve year old on sugar rush. Grabbing Reno's arm she rushed away. Again.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
This time she stopped at rufus' office. And what a nice office it was, much better than anyone else's. then again, he wasn't president for nothing. Come on, come on! Give him his props!
 
“Dani-chan! Come hither!”
She said in Shakespearian. (Yes, that's a word)
 
“Excuse me?”
She said confused as she didn't know what `hither' actually ment.
 
“Ugh- just follow me!”
Angel snapped.
 
“Uh sir--“
 
“Go ahead, I've got nothing better to do.”
He explained casually
 
“You know, for a guy whom is supposedly put the planet in its pitiful state, you're quite considerate…”
She responded dumbfounded at his kindness
 
“I know.”
He responded proudly.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
“Agh! The demon! Its taken form!”
Angel screamed, pointing to the fuzzy sausage-shaped mammal on her desk.
 
“Angel, it- it's just a small kitten.”
Explained Vincent, happy to be away from the disturbing intern.
 
“Whoa, angi, when'd you get a cat?”
Said Reno; thoroughly impressed that she actually had a soft side for a small animals.
 
“I didn't. it came from--“
 
But before she could finish her sentence another kitten dropped from the ceiling, landing right on angel's favorite chair.
 
“No! Now I'm going to have cat hair on my clothes! Do you know how hard that is to get off?!”
 
“Oh relax it's just a couple of--“
 
Plunk, another cat manifested it's self onto Angi's desk.
 
“Ok…maybe a one more then a couple but--“
 
“Four.”
 
What?
Angel spat out her words like venom.
 
“Four. There's another.”
Vincent explained to her again.
 
“Okay enough is enough, how many stupid mongrels are up there?!”
 
As if on cue, kittens started dropping like rain.
 
“Five…six…seven…”
Danielle counted as they landed onto either the desk, the chair, or on their feet as cats do.
 
“Eight…nine…ten…”
Reno counted with her.
 
“Eleven…twelve…thirteen…”
Angel watched anxiously as they came down.
 
“Fourteen…?”
Vincent walked over to the last kitten as it dangled there. It seemed to fear coming down with the others, scratching onto the hole where it first came out of for dear life. It's little black body wiggling and moving, as its green eyes stared down wards and it's small white underbelly -going from his chin to his tail- curving with him.
 
“…Oh-no! It's going to fall!”
Danielle conveniently pointed out.
 
 
“Of course it is. That's how the bloody curs got in here.”
Angel snarled
 
“No, I mean--“
She began to argue but was cut off by a shrill shriek.
 
“Mrow!”
 
Then finally, the last kitten fell, right into Vincent's hands.
 
“Hurray! You saved it!”
Dani-chan clapped her hands excitedly
 
But the little kitten decided it didn't want to be in Vincent's grip. (Comfy though it was)
Squirming out, he landed on his paws and walked over to angel.
 
“What?”
 
The kitten only stared.
 
“What, you want a name you little demon?”
 
“Mew!”
The rat-- er, cat I mean…squeaked happily
 
“Fine, I now dub thee, Lucifer.”
She announced, mocking the poor creature. But as it seemed, Lucifer loved the thought of a name.
 
“Mrow! Purrrrrr…”
The small kitten purred happily as it rubbed against angel's hand.
 
Then the other cats started mewing incisively.
 
“Oh god don't tell me you want names too?”
 
Silence.
 
“Mrow!”
 
“Rowr!”
 
“Meow!”
 
Then more shrieking.
 
“Fine line up.”
 
“Let's see…demon, fang, roxin, koi, reaper…and you can be influenza!”
Angel exclaimed excitedly as she pointed them out, one by one.
 
“Angel!”
Danielle yelled.
 
“Fine…you name them.”
 
“Roxin.”
 
“Koi”
 
“Kiki”
 
“Saber”
 
“What about--“
 
“No angel!”
Protested Danielle
 
“Jackie”
 
“Sandra”
 
“Slugger”
 
“Tugs”
 
“Miku”
 
“Solitaire”
 
“Ace”
 
Eventually, all the cats were named, and given away except for…
 
Lucifer
Angel smiled as she held him.
 
“What is with you and that cat?!”
Reno asked critically
 
“You mock Lucifer, and I'll hurt you.”
Angel threatened, which was added by a well-timed hiss from her small black companion.
 
Yes, indeed, and where ever angel went-- well actually, Lucifer was confined to angel's office but he didn't mine. And now, it is finally…
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow, that was hard, especially thinking up the names… except Lucifer, that's what I call dani-Chan's demon cat…. and every other cat I meet… no, I like cats. I just like making fun of them more. Shut up.
--Shade-san