Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The (shinra) office ❯ day thirteen: it's about damn time! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ha, ha, ha! This was inspired by the master of evil romance, the ultimate bitch, the person who doesn't realize, I'm not crazy, I'm INSANE… ANNA! Wow. Yeah… and a bit of the wonder years…my mom loves that show. Here's day thirteen.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own final fantasy, the matrix, neo, or dunkin doughnuts.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Day thirteen: it's about time!
 
Today was going to be different. Angel could feel it.
 
Mainly because Danielle would stop stare at the door, smile at angel, and then snicker to her evilly.
 
“Okay. I give. What are you doing?”
Angel let her arms drop to her side as she leaned back on the chair, her feet on the desk.
 
“Nothing, nothing…”
 
“You've been giving me that answer for twenty minuets. It's getting old.”
 
“Patience is a virtue.”
 
“Yeah, thanks saint peter.”
 
“Your welcome.”
 
“Hey guys.”
Reno walked in carrying donuts and coffee from dunkin doughnuts. (Mmm, good.)
 
“Why is he here?”
 
“Because I got the doughnuts.”
Reno put one hand on his hip and snapped his fingers three times.
 
“Reno, don't you ever, EVER do that again.”
Angel did not like when Reno did that. (Obviously)
 
“Fine, steal my fun.”
 
“I'm not stealing it, I'm crushing it. There is a difference.”
 
“Uh-huh.”
 
“That's it, I can't deal with this any longer. You can stay in the office. Just don't touch my stuff. …There are traps.”
 
Both wondered if there really were traps. But then they saw Lucifer watching them, unblinking. Staring them down. And uh…you get the idea. It was weird.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
“Hey angel!”
Elena.
 
A smile.
 
“Good morning angel.”
Rude.
 
A wave.
 
“Good day grandora.”
Tseng.
 
A nod.
 
“Hi angi!”
…Rufus.
 
A trap.
 
“Uh…hello sir? How are you feeling today?”
 
“Great. You?”
 
“I'm fine. Sir.”
 
“So…what brings you here?”
 
Angel admitted, when rufus was serious, he was a respectable, professional man, but when you caught him in any other time… he was a bit… strange.
 
“Sir. I work here.”
 
“Oh right, that you do. Carry on then.”
 
“Yes sir.”
 
This conversation really put things in perspective for angel.
 
“Why am I still working here?”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“Why am I still working here?”
Vincent wondered to himself as he walked down the hall.
 
“Hi valentine”
 
“…Oh! Hello Elena!”
Vincent nearly spilt his coffee when he turned to give a late greeting to one of his fellow co-workers.
 
“Oh yeah, that's why. I have no other social life besides the ones I have at work.”
Vincent could feel the gloom surrounding him already.
 
“yeah, it's going to be a great day.”
Vincent muttered to himself, further pushing himself down into the gloom.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“mmm…”
Reno dipped his doughnut into his coffee. Danielle watched.
 
“ewww. How can you eat that after it's soaking wet with coffee?”
 
“that's the best part though! They were ment to be together! It's like, oreo's and milk, peanut-butter and jelly, nut cracker and the nut--“
 
“okay! I get it, but why are they all food related?”
 
“because I'm hungry.”
 
“of course.”
 
“but as I was saying. They were ment to be together.”
 
That's when insperation struck.
 
“good morning Danielle.”
 
Or better yet, …I can't actually phrase that any better. Sorry.
 
“hi Vincent…have you seen angel?”
 
“no, not yet. …Reno? Why are you dipping your doughnut into your coffee?”
 
“I am not going to repeat myself.”
Reno thought that saying something once wasted enough of his precious energy. Or as he liked to call it, `menergy'
 
“alright then, I just stopped in to say hello.”
 
“…okay…”
danielle's brain was already fast at work with a plan.
 
“hold on -give me this stuff- stand in the hallway, I'll get her.”
Danielle held Vincent's things and put them on the table.
 
“okay. Thanks.”
 
“hey angel! Get over here!”
 
no awnser, but it attracted a lot more attention then Vincent had hoped.
 
“…angel! Reno threw your cat out the window!”
 
BANG! CRASH! THUNK! THUD!
 
That did the trick.
 
Angel skid down the corner of the hallway.
 
“Danielle! That's not funny!”
angel was fuming, she ran after Danielle who ran past Vincent.
 
“heh, heh, heh.”
 
Unfourtunetly, there was a small snag in angel's plan.
 
“wagh!”
 
she tripped, over Reno's foot.
 
“hey Vincent think fast!”
 
“ah-- MMPH!”
 
time seemed to slow down as angel locked lips with valentine.
 
THUD!
 
Sadly, angel was not neo, and this in not the matrix.
 
“mmph- ah! Vincent, are you okay?!”
 
“yes, I'm fine…”
Vincent stared upwards toward the celing, not knowing how to address the situation.
 
Angel's cheeks grew a bright red, as did Vincent's.
 
“awww…”
 
but, that warm fuzzy feeling, was replaced by hared and anger.
 
“you guys…ARE SO FREAKING DEAD! YOU HEAR ME?!”
angel pushed herself up and chased after the two of them with speed only a turk could manage.
 
Vincent was left there, barely getting past the mental and emotional shock of it all when he decided, he needed somebody in his life.
 
He needed someone to keep things interesting.
 
He needed someone to keep him motivated.
 
He needed someone to be there for him.
 
he needed…
 
“angel…”
 
yeah, this was a great day.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
…I am speechless. That was request, and it was done. So uh… there you go.
 
--shade-san