Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ The (shinra) office ❯ day eighteen: b00z3 iz GeWd ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ugh. Day. …18. Or somthin…
 
Diclaimer: she does not own final fantasy
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Day eighteen: b00z3 iz g3wD.
 
Angel typed on her computer, glancing from the monitor to the keyboard. It had been a slow day and it wasn't going any slower. Or was it?
 
As she waited for the monitor circuits to load the information she wrapped a lock of crimson around her finger. Mumbling to herself absent-mindedly.
 
“I need to cut my hair soon.”
 
Angel had tied it into a short, cropped, ponytail.
 
sadly though, she had gotten used to it after a while. Although She wanted to cut her hair earlier, dani-chan insisted that she let it grow to at least shoulder length before chopping it off once more.
 
And in this time, she realized that she utterly HATED having a ponytail.
 
But then again, she couldn't just leave it out, that seemed undignified…
 
You've got mail!
 
“No, …really? I can't believe it! Thank you strange mail announcer! You, my friend, have just made my day…”
 
Angel sighed sadly. She was using sarcasm on a prerecorded system. Now that's just sad. Being sarcastic to something was one thing. Being a sarcastic to a computer, that was something on a whole new level.
 
“I don't want to be a monitor talker Vince--“
Angel stopped abruptly, slammed her head against the desk and moaned pathetically.
 
Then, started to sob silently…
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Vincent grimaced as the `much-younger-then-he-was-brunette-with-blond-highlights' girl across the table batted her over-mascara-ed eyelashes at him.
 
He had gone along with rufus (not by will, mind you) to a small lunch with a dear friend and his daughter, who was desperately trying to catch his attention.
 
“So, Stephen, how have you and…”
 
“Amanda.”
She said with all the seductiveness she could muster in that tiny, hormone induced, anorexic-sized figure.
 
“Yes, how have the two of you been? As I recall, we haven't seen each other since graduation, no?”
 
“That's correct, and in that time, we've both risen to the top of the corporate ladder, and I've fathered a beautiful daughter. Now, you have yet to introduce me to this strapping young lad next to you!”
 
“Ah, yes, this is Vincent valentine, one of my Turks.”
 
“You don't say! Good figure.”
 
“Ha, ha, ha! You say it like he's some kind of show dog…”
 
The two laughed hard and long. Amanda winked and blew a kiss to Vincent.
 
He groaned sadly, and somewhere in the world, some government agent was laughing at his pitiful existence.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Angel watched Lucifer groom himself for a couple of minuets, having utterly nothing better to do, as Lucifer, being creeped out by having someone stare at him for so long, hopped off the desk and trotted off somewhere.
 
“Dear lord, please save me from this inexplicable grip of sorrow and boredom that I feel now…”
 
Angel opened an eye and looked around.
 
After a pause she took a deep breath in and exhaled.
 
“Dear demon lord--“
 
Rrrriiiiiing! Riiiing!
 
“…Thank you! Amen.”
Angel said quickly before answering the phone.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hi angel! Guess where we are!?”
 
“…'We'…?”
 
“Yeah, me, Elena, Anna, and intern!”
 
“…On the road, about to come in collision with that car speeding through a red light.”
 
“Wha-- AGH! ELENA! LOOK OUT!”
 
“HOLY-- SORRY GUYS!”
 
SCREEEEECH!
 
“AAAAGH!”
 
“LEARN TO DRIVE YOU BUM!”
 
“LADIES FIRST YOU A-HOLE!”
 
Angel listened to the name calling with interest as she sat there chuckling at them and their near death experience.
 
After a couple of shuddering gasps, a voice broke out from the receiver.
 
“I'm okay…I'm okay…”
 
“Who said I was worried about you?”
 
“Jerk.”
 
“So, it's just ryo and I here?”
 
“Actually he had to leave early. So it's--“
 
Clack!
 
“A- angel? Are you there? …Angi-Chan?”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“Oh I've wanted to do this since I first got here…that and a few other things…
Angel sat on the very highest point of the shinra building as she prepared to cross something off a list.
 
1. Climb to the top of the building
 
“This is going to be an eventful day”
Angel stood up and brushed her self off.
 
Angel laughed hysterically before finally asking herself,
 
“now how do I get down? In fact…how did I get up here in the first place?”
 
she calculated the problem for a bit until finally reaching a conclusion
 
“…This might be a problem…”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Danielle, Elena, Anna, and the creepy intern sat around drinking hot and cold beverages and chatting away. (or at least, that's what I'm told they do)
 
“Elena. Next time. I'M driving.”
Danielle straightened her hair as she scorned Elena,
 
“I said I was sorry!”
 
“You also said that guy was an A-hole and needed to get some contacts and chest hair…”
 
“I get road rage…it can't be helped.”
 
“they have sessions down at the learning annex for that.”
 
“that's stupid.”
 
“Was it really wise to leave angel by herself…?”
Anna asked sipping her hot chocolate with whip cream
 
“She'll be fine. It's just a shame Vincent had to go with rufus.”
Danielle assured her half-heartily, pulling the blueberries out of her muffin.
 
“I know! How can to people be so oblivious to each other?”
Anna chimed in, ever so frustrated.
 
“I think it's more angel who's oblivious…”
The creepy intern gripped her …frapachino? What the hell is a frapachino?! Is that some kind of fancy cup?! …Whatever, she gripped it either way.
 
The group of them thought about it and reached a conclusion.
 
“She's completely oblivious!”
A solid, unanimous, complete, conclusion…
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“ATCHOO!”
Angel sniffed and looked around. She had just gotten back from picking up a load of snacks that she intended to stash somewhere for future use.
 
“stupid…”
angel muttered to herself.
 
“mrow!”
 
angel looked down and smiled at Lucifer who just purred to himself.
 
“hey kitty-kitty! Say…what do you think Vincent's up to?”
now that she had asked this, she was beginning to wonder herself.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
Vincent agonized the minutes that ticked by the hour. He strived to find any sort of entertainment that would save him from the grip of insanity. Or boredom. Which ever came first…
 
And so, he decided to doodle on a napkin.
 
“you're a very good artist…”
Amanda didn't help as she placed a hand on his thigh and craned her mouth to his ear.
 
“…thank you…”
then he began to wonder if she would notice if he were to draw her hanging by the neck…
 
“AGH!”
Vincent yelped as a hand stroked his inner-thigh. A burning flush appeared on his face.
 
“valentine, what's wrong with you?”
oh sure, blame the guy who's getting raped.
 
Vincent scoffed and answered as best he could.
“forgive me, I just felt something brush my ankle.”
 
“ha, ha, ha! All in good spirits then! Here, drink!”
 
Mr. valore poured Vincent a large glass of red wine, clearly expecting him to drink it to the final drop.
 
“t- thank you sir…”
 
“cheers.”
Amanda lifted her glass, as did rufus and Mr. valore. Vincent hesitantly raised his glass.
 
“cheers.”
 
`…maybe if I get intoxicated…it won't be as bad.'
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“ow, ow, ow!”
angel rubbed her ass tenderly, regretting her most recent action:
 
13. Ride down flight of stairs on mat
 
crossing it from the list, she whined over her aching tailbone.
 
“nngh…okay, not my most majestic moment…”
 
there was a silence before she got another brilliant idea.
A grin spread across her face, from ear to ear.
 
“heh heh heh…”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
“HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! I'M KING OF THE HALLWAYS! AH-HA, HA, HA, HA!”
angel slid down the newly waxed hallways of the shinra building in her socks, hollering and shouting to her heart's content.
 
She looked at her list before crossing another off.
 
14. slide down hallways.
 
“heh, heh, heh.
Angel looked out the window. It was dark out, and rufus hadn't returned, and the others probably went home.
 
“meh, their loss.”
Angel's perifial vistion had noticed that a pair of headlights had come into the parking lot.
 
“hm…as king I should see who wants to enter my castle.”
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
rufus and Vincent stumbled awkwardly.
 
“ha ha ha! Oh val'tine…yur…yur- hic- great! D'ya know that? Bu-day?!”
 
“Vincent, your name is valentine. I'm--“
 
“my best boo-day! Hee, hee, hee!”
 
yes, as it would seem, Vincent's “intoxication” scheme didn't work out like he had planned. Turns out, (surprisingly enough) he liked red wine. He liked it a lot. It was very tasty…dare I say scrumptious?
 
Rufus sighed, but felt somewhat relived when angel came out and took Vincent's other arm, equally stabilizing Vincent.
 
“what happened?”
 
“he got a bit of booze in him.”
 
“…what kind?”
 
“red wine. Just a few glasses though.”
 
just a few cups? And how many would `a few' be?”
 
“mmm…oh…only about…seven glasses...”
 
“…seven. Glasses. Of red wine?!”
 
“angi-- yur so…bootiful.”
Vincent gave a cheesy, alcohol induced, grin.
 
“awww…hear that angi?”
rufus relished the moment, which also let him dodge angel interrogation. I mean come on, as head of the company, he should at least be able to weasel his way out of something!
 
“with all due respect sir-- shut up.
 
Rufus smiled evilly at her reaction.
“angel, I don't suppose you could take Vincent home?”
 
“yeah, yeah, always the driver, never the drunkie.”
 
“very well then, I'll see you in the morning.”
 
“right.”
Angel shifted Vincent so he leaned more on her.
 
“wine is not your drink, valentine.”
 
He looked up and gave a big toothy grin.
“I swear to- to druuunk…I anit god.”
 
“…RUFUS! …I HAD BETTER GET A RAISE FOR THIS!”
angel called out after him.
 
“not a chance in hell!”
 
angel sighed and dragged Vincent away.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
after a long ride, and a direction interrogation from Vincent, (which was increasingly difficult since he kept slurring and hiccupping.) angel arrived at Vincent's home.
 
“you gonna be okay? Vincent?”
 
“angi- ang- angi--“
 
“what?”
 
“why are ya mare-in that- that- guy?! He's- dot…dot good `nuff for you!”
 
angel scoffed, and looked away from Vincent.
 
“angi…why? Ya could do…s'much…s'much better!”
 
“will you be alright by yourself?”
she still wouldn't look at him.
 
“I hav't been gewd since he camea-long…”
Vincent rambled on, completely unaware that he was just pouring out whatever came into his mind.
 
“good night Vincent. I left some hangover pills on the kitchen table for when you get up in the morning.”
 
“angi…d-n't…don't… forget me. M'kay?”
Vincent grasped angel's hand and hung his head.
 
“I won't if you don't forget me.”
and with that, angel put on a brave smile and left.
 
After the door slammed, Vincent hiccupped one last time before finally passing out.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
I'm somewhat happy. You know why? Cause these are horrible-- I mean- I got cookies!! Hooray! And I've become nocturnal!! Go me! Anyway, I feel for you people who are forced by their own curiosity, to read this crap.
 
But something that will delay me even more…and save you from eternal misery
 
I HATE YOU--
 
I MEAN…
 
EXAMS!
 
YEAH!
 
--Shade-san