Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ To Vincent's Misfortune. ❯ Fear The Fangirls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Vincent looked at the PS1 controller Kiri had placed in his hands. “What is it?” He asked. Kiri just blinked for a moment. The idea of some one who didn’t know how to use a Play Station controller seemed crazy to her. “Setsuna... Help Vin, I need to make a phone call...” Kiri said, walking away. Setsuna just looked at her, feeling as though she made too big a deal of the whole controller thing, but obliged in helping him. It wasn’t easy, with Vincent’s claw and all, but Vincent eventually got a pretty good feel for it. Setsuna helped by reminding him what buttons did what at the beginning, but Vincent caught on quickly, so it soon became unnecessary.

Aeris’s pixilated face was visible through the pixel mako. Vincent’s eyes went wide, and he nearly dropped the controller. “Ga... Gainsborough?” He said, more than asked, shocked. He looked at Setsuna. “Yup... That’s not all, so don‘t get too amazed yet.” Vincent turned to the screen, in time to see Midgar. Setsuna didn’t know if his eyes could get much wider. Then, Vincent saw some people he didn’t recognize, mainly due to their pixilated form. Then, a Close up of Cloud appeared. “Strife, too?” He asked, looking at Setsuna. Setsuna nodded. He found it a bit odd that Vincent called them by their last name, but figured it was out of politeness due to the fact that they all basically went their own ways after meteor.

Kiri shifted her weight back and forth holding the phone. She had no clew what she was going to say. Before she could plan anything, a girl’s voice appeared on the other end of the phone. “Hello?” The voice asked. “Hi!” Kiri said, caught off guard at how quickly she picked up. “Hey Sakura... Its me, Kiri.” She said, still musing over the right thoughts in her head. “Oh, hey Kiri. What’s up?” Sakura asked. “Actually, something huge.” “Oh, let me guess... That guy you like finally said yes?” Kiri paused, she had been so focused on the situation at hand, that another subject threw her off. “Uh... No... he had a girl friend, remember?” Sakura shrugged, not that Kiri would know. “Eh, well, it was a good guess...” “Well... Kinda... It does have to do with a guy, but not like that...” Kiri thought aloud. “Oh, has your brother finally come out of the closet?” Kiri blinked, not that Sakura would know. “No... He isn‘t gay, but he did tell this guy he loved him a little while ago, but he didn‘t mean it like that...” Kiri thought aloud again. “What?” Sakura asked, surprised. “Is he drunk?” “No... Can you just stop guessing and let me tell you?” Kiri asked, now impatient. “Alright, shoot.” Sakura said, listening. “Okay, well, you have played Final Fantasy seven before, right?” Kiri asked. “No, not really...” Sakura replied. Kiri was quiet for a moment. “May Yevon have mercy on your damned soul...” Kiri said quietly before continuing, ignoring Sakura’s giggles as Kiri’s use of Yevon instead of God. “Well, you have seen Advent Children... That much I know... I mean, I was the one who showed it to you.” “Yup!” Sakura replied happily. “Oh! Remember the thing about Cloud, where if he hugs you-” Kiri cut her off. “Let me finish, inside jokes are not important right now.” Kiri said, only slightly annoyed, but more spastic at the unbelievable situation. Sakura shut up, and waited patiently. “Okay, well, you remember Vincent, right? Good.” Kiri said, not giving her time to answer. “Well... He is sitting in my living room, right now.” There was a long silence, and then Sakura hesitantly said “who...?” Kiri took a breath, realizing this would not be an easy thing to convince her of. “Vincent. Vincent Valentine is sitting on my couch, in my living room...” Another long silence. “Kiri?” Sakura asked. “Yes?” Kiri asked back in response. “Are you high?” Sakura asked, sounding completely serious. “No, I am not high!” Kiri said, rather annoyed. “Yeah, right Kiri... Anyway, listen, I was about to go see Underworld 2, so I have to go. I will call you back after the movie, okay?” Kiri sighed. “Alright... Bai bai” She said, hanging up after Sakura replied with “Ja ne.” Kiri went out into the living room and hung up the phone.

“I can change Strife and Wallace’s names?” Vincent asked, impressed with all of it, and also astounded that he personally knew there people. “And decide what they do.” Setsuna replied. Vincent seem fascinated, and a bit creped out by the game. Kiri went out into the living room and sat by Vincent, who seemed a little perturbed about it. Kiri didn’t notice, as she just watched then screen while he played. To Vincent, these people were still basically strangers. But what could he do about it? He was beginning to realized how extremely different this place was, and knew he stood little to no chance on making it on his own. So he sat there, playing FFVII, going to blow up the reactor, as Cloud had once told him about when he talking of the day he joined AVALANCHE...

“Who were you calling?” Setsuna asked, curious. “Sakura-chan...” Kiri said in monotone. “I think she thinks you‘re gay, by the way.” Setsuna spun around. “What?” He asked, in shock. Kiri shrugged. “I don‘t know why either... She just asked if you were.” Setsuna looked at Kiri with the most interestingly confused face Kiri had seen on him in a long time. “And that’s even before I told her how you told Vinny that you loved him.” Kiri continued. “You told her that?!” Setsuna asked at the same time as Vincent spun around. “Vinny?!” He asked, gaping at her. “Uh...” Kiri stalled. “But I told her you didn‘t mean it like that... And, pay attention, or you‘ll run out of time.” Kiri said, responding to them both in turn. Vincent didn’t seem to care for a moment, but then turned to the game. He had no idea how important him getting Cloud out in time might be. “Fine, I wont call you that any more... Sorry, Vincent.” Kiri said after a moment. Kiri was so amazed that this was THE Vincent Valentine form Final Fantasy... She didn’t want to be the fan girl that made Vincent annoyed.

After watching Vincent play for awhile, Kiri looked over at Setsuna. “What should we do?” She asked him. “About what?” He asked, honestly confused. Kiri just looked at him. “About Vincent, of course.” “What do you mean?” Setsuna said, looking taken back. “We let him stay here, of course.” “But, does he want to?” Kiri asked, looking over at Vincent who had gotten away from the reactor in time, and was now listening to their conversation. “Does he have a choice?” Setsuna asked. “Gil is no good here.” He pointed out. Vincent looked at Setsuna, surprised. “You don‘t use Gil?” He asked. “Well, we do, but it looks different, and its called money...” Setsuna explained simply, reaching in his pocket, taking out his wallet, and handing Vincent a ten dollar bill. Vincent took the piece of paper from him, and looked at it. After a moment of turning it over, and inspecting the other side, Vincent’s curiosity was quelled and he gave Setsuna back the paper. Setsuna put his money away. “Hey...” Kiri started, looking at Vincent. “Can I see what Gil looks like? They never actually show you in the game...” Vincent nodded and took out a small pouch, handing it to Kiri. She took it, and opened it, spilling the contents into her hand. They were a bunch of gold coins, of different sizes. Kiri was amazed that she was actually holding Gil. The thing her and her friends jokingly referred to money as. She then returned the Gil to its pouch, and looked up at Vincent. Vincent expected his Gil to be returned to him, but that was not the case. “Can I buy it from you?” Vincent looked at her oddly. “Why?” “Well... You can‘t use it here anyway, and if you sold it to me, you would have some currency that this world uses. Besides, I have always wanted Gil.” She finished sheepishly. Vincent pondered this for a moment, before speaking again. “And what will you?” Kiri didn‘t even have to think about the answer. “Well, I may have some money left, but probably not... And if that‘s the case, I have Setsuna to borrow money from.” She finished happily. Setsuna just sighed and nodded. Even though his sister didn’t think to ask about that, he wasn’t going to be mean enough to say no, in a situation like this. “Well, what do you say... Will you?” Kiri asked, he face begging for him to say yes. As much as Vincent was unsure about the situation, he could find no logical reason to say no. “Alright.” Vincent agreed, nodding. Kiri jumped up happily and went to get her money. The day’s events was making her act uncharacteristically happy and bouncy, but understandably so. She went into her room, and brought back her Invader Zim bag, removing her wallet while she walked. “Lets see how much I have...” She said, mainly, to herself. She removed the bulk of her cash “fifteen sound good?” She asked. Not that Vincent would know... “Here.” Setsuna said, taking out his ten and handing it to Kiri to add to the money for Vincent. “Might as well give him something decent.” Vincent looked at the four pieces of paper, compared to his many gold coins. “It doesn‘t look like much, but its worth a good amount.” Setsuna reassured. Vincent had no way to prove his claim, but realized some money was better than no money in this world, so he handed his Gil to Kiri and took the money, putting it away in one of the inner pockets of his cape.

Kiri couldn’t help but notice another fact, that could prove troublesome. His clothes. Vincent looked too much like... Well, Vincent. He would be plagued by fans almost anywhere he went if he kept his same outfit on. Kiri decided not to deal with getting him new clothes now. That could be done tomorrow... Or could it? She realized, no matter when she took him clothes shopping, they would be drawing too much attention, and probably a crazy fan girl like some of the ones on advenchildren.net. The thought of Vincent having to run into and deal with one of them was not something she wanted to do to him. Then, another one of her crazy ideas popped into her head and gnawed on her brain till she voiced it to Vincent and Setsuna. “Hey, guys.” She said getting their attention. “Listen, if Vincent is ever going to find his way home, or even leave the house, he needs to be dressed... More like the people here, you know what I mean?” Setsuna nodded, realizing she had a point. “Alright, lets go out and buy him some.” Setsuna said, as if it were all that easy. Silly fool. “And let all the fan girls that may happen to be in the stores we go to glomp him to death? I think not... You know how rabid the obsessive ones can get... I mean, look at that one girl on live journal who acts like she is married to one of the bishonen from final fantasy seven... And the forum posters!” Kiri said, making a very valid point in Setsuna’s mind, and managing to slightly scare Vincent. “So, what do we say we do?” Setsuna asked. He could just tell she had an idea by the way she was explaining everything. “Well... I was thinking, find out if he will fit into some of your clothes.” Kiri said, almost hesitantly. Setsuna didn’t seem too keen on this idea at first, but after thinking about it, he realized what a good idea it actually was. “Well, I suppose if Vincent doesn’t mind...” Setsuna said, trailing off for Vincent to speak up. Vincent didn’t want to wear some stranger’s clothes, but it sounded better than being glomped to death... Whatever ‘glomp’ was at least... “I suppose I don‘t have much of a choice...” “Well, no, actually, I guess you don‘t...” Kiri mused again. “Well, for starters, lets find you a shirt you can wear when you go shopping tomorrow.” Setsuna said, talking to Vincent, obviously. Setsuna led Vincent to his room, and Kiri saved the game file and turned off the Play Station. A few minuets, Setsuna walked back out alone with Vincent’s cape. “He is trying a shirt on.” Setsuna explained, folding it and setting it on the couch. A few minuets later, Vincent came out wearing a black shirt, with red stripes down the long wrist-length sleeves and a kind of small red Roman Numeral seven on the front of the shirt. Kiri looked at Setsuna raising an eyebrow. “What‘s with the V-I-I?” Kiri asked. “Well, I got it at a convention back when Final Fantasy seven just came to America.” He explained. Kiri sighed, but didn’t say anything else. Despite how cheesy and cliché it seemed, it looked quite nice. “But his shoes and pants...” Kiri pointed out. “One step at a time, Kiri, one step at a time...” Setsuna said, walking back over to Vincent and going into his room to find osme pants for Vincent.

Just then, the phone rang. Kiri walked over and picked it up. “Hello?” She asked. “Hey, its me, Sakura.” The voice responded. “Ah, konnichiwa, Sakura-chan!” “So,” Sakura said, getting right to the point. “You say Vincent is at your house, what is he doing now?” She asked. Setsuna walked out of his room and turned the television off, as Kiri had gotten distracted and forgotten to turn it off. “Getting into my brother‘s pants” Kiri said, honestly and absentminded to how wrong it sounded. Setsuna turned around quickly, hearing the odd sentence. “What are you talking about?!” He asked. But Kiri didn‘t even hear him. She tended to tune people out when she was on the phone. “Are you sure your brother isn‘t gay?” Sakura asked, sounding rather skeptical. Kiri then realized how her words sounded. “No! Not like that! He is trying his pants on is what I mean...” Sakura was now quite concerned for her friend’s sanity... Or she would be, if she ever really had any to begin with. “Listen, I can’t talk long, since I am on my cell phone, I just wanted to call back and see how the situation is, and also let you know I am going to a friend’s house for the night, so I wont be help if you need to vent your crazy story to someone...” Kiri gave up inwardly. She realized, that she just seemed insane, and her normal crazy antics didn’t exactly back up the idea that she was perfectly sane to begin with. “Alright, well, thanks for telling me.” “No problem. Anyway, I am pulling into her driveway, so I‘ll try to call you tomorrow or something, okay?” “’kay.” Kiri said, hanging up after Sakura. Just as Kiri hung up the phone, Vincent walked into the living room, wearing baggy red and black pants, and a pair of Fullmetal Alchemist shoes. “Wow...” Kiri said, just looking at Vincent in his new ensemble, letting her inner fan girl getting the batter of her for a moment as she just stared. She quickly regained her composure. “It looks great.” She said, pleased with the results. “And, the pockets are big enough to cover what the shirt doesn‘t.” Setsuna said, meaning Vincent’s clawed hand. “You’re right, it does...” Kiri then turned to Setsuna. “I know, why don‘t we just go shopping now? We might aw well.” Setsuna thought about it a moment, then shrugged. “Why not?” “Alright, then, lets go.” Kiri said, giving the car key off the counter and giving it to Setsuna, the only one of the three of them that had a license. Vincent just kind of sighed and followed them out the door. “Why not...?” he said to himself as he followed them out the door to go shopping.