Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Understanding ❯ Understanding ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Series: Final Fantasy X (Ten) Pairing: Auron/Braska

Author: Shirogane in' ei (Silver Shadows)

Genre(s): Slight fluff, and a hint of yaoiness Type: Alternate reality

Chapter(s): 1

Summary: A cute story for Auron/Braska fans. What would happen when the two get trapped in the Machalania temple?

Author's note: This is rated PG13 due to the slight yaoi, and even slighter language. This is a one shot fic written on request for a good friend, though, I may continue this fic into more chapters if at least two or three people like it and wish me to do so.

Disclaimer: I own this story, but I, unfortunately, do not own the lovely bishonen featured in it, nor do I own their world. Final Fantasy X is the property of its creators, whoever they may be. This fic is something written merely for fun and I do not profit from it, so please do not sue me. Not that you would get anything anyway seeing as I'm a poor high school student.

Understanding

" I can not believe he broke it! " Auron growled irritably as he paced across the room. They were currently stuck in the room between the Chamber of Trials, and the path leading down to the Faith.

Braska gave a quiet chuckle as he watched Auron pace the room for the twentieth time this hour. " Come now, Auron… Calm down. We will be out of here soon enough. "

But he continued, ignoring Braska's words. " He swore to us! He swore that he would never drink again! And now this!? "

" I'm sure he regrets it… " He gave a thoughtful frown, looking away. " He did not mean to destroy the bridge… "

" Are you so sure about that? " His eyes narrowed slightly as Braska jerk his head back to see him once more.

" Auron! "

" It seems an odd coincidence that just after only he makes it over the bridge fades again. And he did throw his sword at the pillar intentionally, causing it to fall, trapping us in this frozen hell. "

" He thought that the sphere had come partly out of place, so he was trying to knock it back… Now, calm yourself. " He got up from the floor, walking over to his friend. " I know you do not really blame him… You are merely angry. "

" I suppose you are right… I am going outside a moment. " He turned, stepping out of the chamber, onto the icy path that led down to the faith. He walked over to the edge of the path, staring up the Cliffside to the rising moon." Night already… " He muttered, his eyes sliding slightly shut.

" Beautiful, isn't it?"

He jumped slightly, and then gave a soft frown, turning towards Braska. " I wa-… " He froze as he really saw Braska. He'd gotten out of all those thick robes, now standing there in his sleeveless, tight blue shirt, and thin baggy blue pants. Waist length azure locks hung lightly down his back, and across his face. He was quite a beautiful sight, but… " Braska… " He slipped off his red coat, carefully draping it across the other's shoulders, keeping his arms around him to keep him warm. " What are you thinking? You could freeze out here like this… "

" It's no warmer in there than it is out here. " He gave a slow smile, leaning back against Auron a bit. " Mm. And anyway… I'm rather glad I came out here. "

Auron blinked slowly and then, with a slight frown, led Braska back inside to get some sleep.

~~~~~

" Ha! Gone for one night, and I miss all the fun! "

Auron gave a slight groan, letting his eyes open and adjust as he looked to Jecht. " Wha-..? What are you babbling about? "

With a grin, he pointed to the still sleeping form of Braska that lie sprawled across Auron quite comfortably, face nuzzled into his chest.

Forcing down a light blush, Auron glared at Jecht. " It's not what you're thinking! We had to do something to keep from freezing to death when you trapped us here all night! "

With a chuckle, Jecht gave a dismissive wave of his hand. " Yeah, yeah… Well, take your time anyway. I'll be waiting outside the temple. " Not waiting for an answer, he just left to head outside.

Auron gave a frustrated sigh as he watched Jecht leave, and then he slowly looked to Braska, gently running a hand through the other man's hair. Perhaps… this wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Author's notes: Comments, requests, flames? Send them to me at MakoGemFF@AOL.com. I like any comments, good or bad. It helps me improve. Just keep in mind that this is my first ever posted fic, hm? And yes, I said requests. Ask me to write something, and I'll try my best. Just name a series, a pairing and a genre, and if you have one a story line and I'll get it done.