Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until the End of Eternity, and Longer ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well guys, this is the end of it. I was productive today, two chapters and an epilogue. Go me. I've had a lot of fun writing this story, so I hope you've liked it, but it is time to say adieu and move on to bigger things. (like planning the next story in the series! Woot!…though that won't be for a bit yet. Hopping back to inuyasha to finish a current story b4 going through the cycle again. I have a very evil muse. Meh.)

Well, without further adieu, the conclusion of "Until the End of Eternity, and Longer"…

~**~

"Until the End of Eternity, and Longer"

by: Banshee Puppet

Epilogue

~**~

ESTHAR:

"Who was she Xu? That woman who died in Deling City? You knew her, right?" Ruvie asked, sipping her cocoa as she stood staring out the window. She seemed older somehow, since she'd returned to Esthar.

Xu had taken some time off to visit with her baby sister. After Jynx had died, she just needed time to spend with family.

"She was…an avenging spirit, Ruvie. That's all. Anyway, don't worry about. She's nobody you need to be concerning yourself with," Xu replied evenly. It was best that Ruvie never know. That's what she kept telling herself. Things would be easier now.

Ruvie didn't answer right away. She sipped her cocoa, staring out the window, remembering.

* "Catch it Jynx! Catch it!" the little five year old told her older sister. She knew that if anyone could catch Mr. Samson, Mayor Westfield's parrot, it was Jynx. The damn bird had gotten out again, and half the town was about trying to catch the bird.

Jynx chased after the bird and finally, grabbed onto it, holding it protectively.

"You got it!" Ruvie cheered.

Jynx opened her hands to find the little bird with a snapped neck in her hands. She'd been too strong for her own good, or the bird's. "I…didn't mean to," she said softly.

Ruvie sniffled. "You…killed it," she whispered. "It's not moving anymore."

"What are you to whispering about?" Xu asked as she walked over.

Ruvie looked up at Xu with tears brimming in her eyes and tackled the eldest girl in a hug. "Jynx killed Mr. Samson!" she wailed.

Jynx just held the bird up to Xu. "I didn't mean to," she offered again.

Xu just sighed. "Come on," she said. "We'll bury him under the cherry tree."*

"You're a terrible liar," Ruvie said finally. "And I hate you both."

"Wh-"

"Don't you care that she's dead at all?"

"Ruvie…your memory…?"

"Xu. Get out of my house."

~**~

BELLA MAURE

Laguna smiled sadly at the statue as it was torn down. Jace's statue.

"Are you sure about this?" Squall asked softly.

Laguna nodded. "She would have hated this thing. Honoring one war hero when so many people died. We've decided to replace it with a monument to all of the heroes of the war."

"I think she'd like that," Irvine said from the other side of Laguna, with Selphie clinging to his arm trying to look cheerful on such a sad occasion.

A tear rolled down his cheek as the crane smashed into the statue. 'Happy New Years, Jace,' he thought. 'I'm ready to move on now. Sorry for causing so much trouble.'

Quistis looked over at where Seifer stood a few feet back and away from the others. This was something neither of them could understand. They hadn't been here at that time. All they knew was that it was something that had something to do with family and nothing to do with either of them. They stood in silence, and as the others headed back to the Ragnarok, Quistis turned and finally decided to speak, to tell him the truth.

"Seifer, I…"

"Quisty, I…sorry, go ahead."

Quistis smiled a bit and giggled. "No, it's okay, you first," she said.

"I wanted to thank you. You know, that whole mess with Esthar and Jynx and all. You're a good friend. So, you know, thanks. And if you tell anyone I just said that, you're in for it!" he scolded, turning the machismo back on.

A good friend, the words hit her hard. 'Only a friend though…' she thought.

"So what did you want to say?" he asked.

"Oh, it's nothing important," she said, waving off the topic. "I've already forgotten. Blonde moment."

"Haha. Okay, let's get going then. This village is way too depressing anyway."

"… …yeah."

~**~

SOMEWHERE IN THE DESERT

The wind whipped through her hair and she squinted against the sand. She wasn't sure how long she'd been walking, but she knew it wasn't much farther now.

'I can feel it. It's so close. The power to kill GF.'

Her lips were cut and chapped, she was dehydrated, hot, her flesh was torn. If she didn't find water soon, she was going to die. 'I won't die yet. I won't die until I have it.'

These days, she could hear Max's voice in the back of her mind. He wouldn't leave her alone since she had killed him. He haunts her. Another ghost from the past.

'It was nothing personal,' she tells him, and he replies, 'I almost wish it was.'

A cool breeze swarms around her, and her mind relates to the sensation, one she knew all to well. "Shiiva. I told you to go away. All GF are my enemy now, even you. Leave me alone, or I'll kill you first."

Shiiva's response was to hold a bit of ice to the girl's lips, Drink, she told Jynx. Please.

Jynx was distracted by a strange sensation. 'I can feel it. It's so close. The power to kill GF. It is within my reach. I've finally found it. I know I'll find it. The power… …it is my destiny to find it… the power to destroy.'

~THE END~

~**~

Well, it's been a long road guys, but the story is finally over. But the arc is far from over, so keep an eye open for future stories! The arc is called "A Family Thing". It'll be a while before I start the next one, but it'll be Selphie, in order of time it'll come after this fic, like a sequel, sort of. So if you want to see more characters frolicking and maybe more of Jynx, look for it! cheers, and it's been fun guys!

Until next time,

Happy Haunting,

Banshee Puppet