Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ your not so tough ❯ Return of the turks ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: the chocbo names are what I named mine I have one gold chocobo and her names sango. Black one is zak. Rikku is a great chocobo, and takune is my wonderful choco

Cloud and Tifa walked into their small bar and slammed the door as they did from the upstairs they heard a loud thump and then a groan.


"What was that?" Tifa said as they walked upstairs. Inside the room they found Vincent on the floor rubbing the back of his head and Yuffie leaning over the edge of the bed staring at him.


"What happened?" cloud said.


"You surprised me and I hit my head on the dresser" Vincent said


"Yeah poor Vincent was shocked out of his sleep and he rolled off the bed." Yuffie said helping him off the floor.


"Why are you back so early anyway?" Vincent asked


"You should know why. That task force is after you and we feared for you lives…. and our house…. and town too." Tifa said adding things as they came to mind.


"Oh Wutai ain't got that many ninja's to send out we could've taken them" Yuffie said with the confidence clear in her voice.


"Yeah well my ultima sword has been itching to be used" cloud said, "My materia could use a workout too." Tifa added.


"Thanks I guess" Yuffie said. Tifa went downstairs and started to prepare breakfast and Cloud followed. Yuffie and Vincent were the only ones in the room now.


"Vinnie?"


"Yeah"


"When do you think they'll come to get me?" Yuffie asked staring at him for a response or maybe it was just for comfort.


"It might be soon I think they will start searching where all our friends our." Vincent said looking at the door "but like you said last night I wouldn't let them take you" Vincent finally said after a quick silence. He flashed her a reassuring smile.


"So that wasn't a dream then. I wonder if the other thing you said was true" Yuffie said biting her lip.


"Witch thing?" Vincent said inquisitively.


"You know the thing about me being more than a friend" Yuffie said blushing a little

"you know what I mean right?"


"Yes Yuffie I did mean that" Vincent said almost laughing at her shyness. Yuffie looked absolutely delighted.


"EXCELLENT!!!!!" she yelled as she hopped into the air and ran to the door but then stopped.


"I love you too Vincent" she said as she hopped into the hall and jumped on the stair rail. Vincent stepped into the hallway soon enough to see her slide down the rail. He stood there and watched her come thumping back up the stairs and back up to him.


"Sorry I forgot something" she said standing by the doorway with her hands behind her back. Yuffie walked up to him and stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. Vincent was a little shocked at first but he eventually kissed back. Yuffie pulled away and inhaled deeply


"man you're a good kisser" Yuffie said as she waved to him and slid down the stair rail again. Vincent smiled as he heard Tifa yelling at Yuffie, though that wasn't the reason he was smiling.


"YUFF STOP DOING THAT. CLOUD ALREADY HAD TO FIX THAT ONCE, though that was my fault, but he doesn't like fixing things. And between you and me he is not very good at it." Tifa scolded Yuffie as she squirmed in her seat.


"Hey I heard that Teef" cloud said from the other room. Tifa served them all breakfast and went to open up the bar. Vincent sat there with a pleasant smile and his face and Yuffie continued to squirm and cloud leaned back and stared at the ceiling.


"Sooo since your all in such a pleasant mood how about you help with the bar." Tifa said casually walking in. cloud opened his mouth to say something when Tifa said


"Yes cloud you too." Cloud slumped in his chair and Vincent and Yuffie reported for duty. Yuffie was assigned busing tables and Vincent was made to cook while cloud cleaned things and Tifa played bartender. The bar filled quickly seeing as it had 4 of the people that saved the planet running it. All day they had questions like `so when are the others coming to work here?' or `so you changing the name to the planet savers?' it got Yuffie really annoyed that she almost punched a customer. Tifa had sent her back into the kitchen with Vincent to do dishes. Later in the day a man with long spiky red hair tied back in a pony tail walked in he wore a black suit and white shirt with the top two buttons undone. A lady wearing the same thing followed him, but she had neck length blonde hair. And behind them was a bald man also wearing the same. They walked up to the bar and greeted Tifa. They told her they had business to attend to with her. So she told them to wait in the kitchen.


"Ok all ya'll the bars closing early tonight so go on and get out" Tifa said standing onto of the stool. People started to get up and leave when everyone was out she flipped the sign and they headed into the back. In back the former Turks said nothing to Vincent or Yuffie they just stared at them.


"So it's the Turks huh. I see you got a nice change of wardrobe." Cloud said walking into the backroom.


"It's not the Turks anymore, we are mercenaries, and we have business with them" Reno said pointing at Yuffie and Vincent.


"We are sorry about this, but we have orders to bring you to Godo Vincent and you Yuffie" Elena said. Vincent stepped protectively in front of Yuffie and pulled his gun. Vincent noticed Tifa had her fists raised and cloud had slipped off somewhere.


"Oh come on we don't need a fight." Rude said.


"If you want to take Yuffie then I'm afraid you got one" cloud said as he entered the room with his big white sword with a purple center raised.


"Wait outside please not in my kitchen" Tifa said as she pushed the Turks out the door.


"Yuffie go get prepared to leave, pack Vincent's stuff too." Tifa whispered to her. Yuffie looked confused but ran up the stairs. "GET SANGO, ZAK (tifa's golden choco) TAKUNE (cloud's golden choco)"Tifa yelled up the stairs. Outside Vincent and cloud were asking them questions.


"So your there task force" Vincent said


"Part of it" Reno answered


"How many are waiting for me" Vincent asked


"Enough to crush this tiny town in an hour" Elena said as Tifa opened the door.


"So where were we" Tifa said pulling on her god hand (I don't know her ultimate one). Rude put up his fist, Reno pulled out his sword, and Elena took out a small handgun. Vincent shot his gun at Reno who deflected it with his sword and counter attacked witch was blocked by cloud's sword. Tifa and rude were separating themselves from the fight because of their sparring match. Tifa kicked rude in the head sending blood spurting from a small indention in his head. Rude punched Tifa in the neck just as Elena fired her gun at Vincent. Vincent moved out of the way quickly so that his cape took most of the blow, but the bullet had skimmed his shoulder. Cloud swung his sword at Reno who dodged it, cloud hit him with it's hilt. Vincent planted the steel toe of his boot to Reno's head causing him to pass out. Tifa recovered from her blow to the neck and cupped her hands together and bashed them into the top of his head then kicked him in the chin causing him to drop down also unconscious. Elena was the only one left. Cloud charged at her and cut the muzzle of her gun in half. Vincent pistol-whipped her and she fell to the ground. Cloud did his victory dance and Tifa wiped of her hands. Vincent staggered a bit and then fell to his knees. The bullet was poisoned. Vincent whispered the word poison as cloud gave him an antidote. He chugged it down and got to his feet. They all had there back turned when Reno raised his sword. All they heard was a boom of a gun. Reno dropped to the ground again. In the doorway was Yuffie holding Vincent's sniper CR.


"Well that was close so where are we going tiff." Yuffie said stuffing the gun back in his bag. Tifa motioned for them to go to the chocobo barn.


"We didn't want the town involved so cid has the highwind waiting outside of town let's go." Tifa said as she mounted her chocobo. They set out of town on their chocobos through the grassy fields. In the distant through the thick night for they cold hear the highwinds engine starting. Suddenly as they were approaching the cargo bay doors a herd of chocobo mounted riders appeared at their sides running toward them. Leading them was Gorky mounted on a golden chocobo, Yuffie's golden chocobo to be exact. As they dashed towards the door Yuffie yelled


"GET OFF MY RIKKU YOU FAT ASS"

they all were inside the ship as the doors closed the riders were so close to them they saw a couple chocobo feathers caught in the door.


"we should be safe for now" cloud sighed "and just as my adrenaline was kicking in too."