Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Epiloguery ❯ Cross Swords ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Fire Emblem and stuff © Nintendo

More Mia/Rhys. A purely fun chapter that gives some idea of how their relationship worked, particularly how Mia viewed it.

Cross Swords
by Radish Anarcane


“Hey there, sword lady. Whadya say me and you go upstairs and cross swords?” asked the large sweaty barbarian.

Mia turned to the barbarian with joyful acceptance at the ready when her mind considered a different meaning to his words, compounded by his lack of a sword. “That was a metaphor for sex, wasn’t it?” she asked.

“Uh…yeah,” the barbarian answered awkwardly.

“Oh,” Mia said dejectedly, unaware of how much her utter disappointment was throwing off the barbarian’s game, not to mention his ego. “Well, thank you, but I’m already sleeping with that man over there,” Mia said as her cheer returned, pointing to Rhys absorbed in a book at a corner table.

“The priest?!” the barbarian asked incredulously, and Mia nodded enthusiastically. “What does a priest know of lovemaking?”

Mia paused for a moment as she dealt with the inherent wrongness of the word “lovemaking” coming from this man. Once over that hurdle she answered with the utmost glee, “Everything I taught him!”

The barbarian gave a snide chuckle. “You won’t have to teach me anything, baby.”

“Of course not. Because we won’t be having sex,” she said with a smile and no venom at all whatsoever, which somehow only made hearing it more aggravating for the barbarian.

Mia tried to walk past the barbarian and back to her priest, but he stepped into her path. “C’mon, baby. It’s time you had a real man.”

Mia was experiencing something wholly new to her. She was actually becoming slightly upset with someone. This man was not letting her return to her Rhys, something she wanted desperately the longer she stayed in the barbarian’s company. “He’s a real man,” she said, pointing to Rhys again, outwardly still the picture of patience. “His penis works and he knows how to use it,” she added with a shrug, as though she couldn’t think of anything else that goes with being a real man.

After some intense thinking wrought with frustration, the barbarian responded, “One night with me and you’ll realize there’s a lot more to it than that.”

“Oh, you’re right! There is more!” If Mia were capable of being vindictive, she would have taken great pleasure from the look of victory on the barbarian’s face that was about to be shattered. “He’s much better looking than you! And smarter. And nicer. And he smells better, too!” she again spoke without any venom, as if having no idea the things she were saying could be taken as insulting, and ended with a satisfied nod before once again trying to walk past him.

His capacity for thought extinguished, the barbarian simply growled and grabbed at her. In the next moment there was five feet between them and Mia had her sword drawn, causing a pregnant silence to fall over the bar, broken only by Rhys’s sound of alarm.

“Oops!” Mia laughed. “Those darned swordmaster reflexes! For future reference, don’t go jumping at a swordmaster like that. Scares the cheese out of us!”

“What’s going on here?” Rhys asked the barbarian angrily as he stepped up to Mia.

With sex out of the picture the barbarian settled for causing as much trouble as possible. “Your woman here was just about to come upstairs with me for some fun, little man.”

“Huh?” was all Mia could say.

Rhys was hardly going to believe that. “Mia does not draw her sword on men she intends to sleep with,” he answered, asking Ashera to forgive him that little white lie.

“That just shows how well you know your woman. You just never got her excited enough,” the barbarian continued.

“You’re being mean,” Mia said as though the realization were just dawning on her.

“Indeed you are, and I would appreciate it if you would stop,” Rhys told the barbarian.

“And what are you gonna do if I don’t, little preacher man?” the barbarian mocked.

“I will make you feel the punishment of the Goddess,” Rhys answered as he raised the unmistakable tome of a powerful light spell.

“Oooh…” Mia said as Rhys’s words gave her the chills. “Oh, and I have a sword!” she added, deciding she would enter this confrontation, as well.

The barbarian looked from Mia to Rhys and back again, a great scowl on his face. Becoming impatient, Rhys let go of the tome and let it float above his hand, glowing slightly as the spell hung half a second away from being cast. At this the barbarian growled and finally walked away.

Once he was gone Mia flung her arms around Rhys and shouted, “My hero!” before giving him a big wet kiss.

“Like you needed my help,” Rhys laughed when she let go of his lips.

“Sure I did. Now less talking, more kissing,” she said, punctuating it with another kiss.

“I suppose…you don’t want…to stop…at just kissing?” Rhys managed between kisses.

“Ooh, good idea!” Mia said, and grabbed Rhys’s hand to drag him upstairs for some fun.

Though not before dragging him back down to pay the innkeeper for the key to a room, then dragging him back up again. Then there was fun.