Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Kindling ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author: Kameko-chan

Title: Kindling

Pairings: Raven/Wil

Notes: A quick drabble that was going to be part of a bigger story, but it would not wait!

----------------------

"Raven?"

The young merc looked at the even younger archer, shifting the bundle of firewood he'd gathered so it rested more comfortably in his arms. "Yes?" he replied, eyeing his unusually subdued companion suspiciously.

Wil shuffled his feet, looking for all the world like a little kid who'd done something very bad. "Could you come over here for just a second?" he asked nervously, gaze fixed squarely on his boots.

Raven's eyebrows knit together in confusion, but not having a reason to say no he did as the other asked. "What do you want?" There was an irritated edge to his voice that made the younger man flinch. Raven winced at the hurt look, he really did have to learn to be less snappy. He mumbled a quick "sorry", blushing.

"It's okay." Wil took a deep breath, then set down his own kindling into a pile. "I just have to do something, that's all." And then he pounced.

It took a few minutes for Raven's brain to catch up with the young archer's actions as Wil grabbed him by the collar and pressed his lips to the stoic merc's. Their noses bumped, their teeth clacked, Wil's lips were chapped, and that damnable bundle of firewood Raven still held dug painfully into their abdomens. In other words, as far as kisses went, it wasn't much to talk about.

Wil pulled away, blushing furiously. This time he was the one who mumbled "sorry", staring intently at the ground.

Raven tossed those damn sticks to the ground and scooped up the archer for another go. 'After all,' he reasoned as he pulled Wil flush against his and ran his tongue over the young man's chapped lips, 'practice makes perfect.'

It was a cold night at camp, but Raven and Wil couldn't care less.

END