Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Path of Radiance: A Tactician's Story ❯ This is My Story ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Zhen: AHAHAHAHA!! Welcome! With my own twists here and there, the total of recruit able characters is now…-counts- 48 plus…10 of my own creations! -laughs- Anyways….I just thought it would be fun…eheh? ^^;
 
Soren: Crap…
 
Ike: Crap…
 
Shinon: HOLY FUCK!
 
Everyone else: -stares-
 
Zhen: Err…that's great an' all, Shinon…but…DON'T USE THAT LANGUAGE HERE!
 
Shinon: -glares- You little hypocrite….
 
Zhen: … Oo; I have no clue what he talks about whatsoever…-whistles innocently-
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~
 
Reviews: None yet!
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~
 
Summary: All hell breaks lose as an innocent tactician from Planet Earth gets mysteriously dropped from nowhere into the warring land of Tellius. Oddly though, the characters of her imagination appear as well, twisting the plot seriously. Rated for Shinon's language…
 
Pairings: I dunno…As I don't write Yaoi {DON'T STONE ME!} I might just throw a few characters with my originals….Oo;
 
Author's Note: I have twisted the game plot quite a lot, it still leads up to them slaying Ashnard and Ike getting revenge on the Black Knight, but some other things might not be as accurate…And some characters, such as Illyana might not even be mentioned since I don't use her…and I skip Gebel Castle ^^;
 
Disclaimers: I DON'T OWN FIRE EMBLEM! If I did, Bishops wouldn't have those jacked up hats….
 
Chapter 1(Part One): Zhen, Tactician
Chapter 1(Part Two): Rei, Archer of Daein
Chapter 1(Part Three): Alora, Messenger of Gallia
 
Part One
 
“Hah! I told you I could get into Gallia without getting slaughtered!” the voice came smugly from a 14-year-old girl sitting cross legged on a couch. Her dark, brown, eyes shined with triumph as her friend laughed uncontrollably.
 
“Yeah, yeah, whatever, Zhen.” Chloe rolled her eyes and stretched as the doorbell rang. “That's my dad,” letting out a sigh, she pushed her friend off of the couch and smirked before waving good-bye. “Call me again!” she opened the door and disappeared behind it.
 
“Yeah...I'll tell you when I beat this game…” Zhen smiled blankly at the door then turned back to the screen where it flashed dangerously. “Not again…” she grumbled. Walking up to the TV as it suddenly began to blur out. “Wh-what?” jumping back, her neon, blue, streaked black hair waved wildly in the ponytail.
 
“Brace yourself….” The screen read.
 
“You craz—AAH!” her body began to slowly dissolve, staring at the impossibility, she began to shake, and stood still, hoping it would all go away and stop soon. It didn't, and she vanished in a sudden burst of lights.
/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~/
“Craaaap!”
 
CRASH!
 
“M-my head….owwwww!” she whined, holding her head. Zhen looked up and blinked, looking around, she noticed…she wasn't on her tiled flooring, she wasn't sitting on her couch either she was in—“TELLIUS!?”
 
The blue haired lad who had been talking about tactics helplessly looked over as she stood up, dusting her attire.
 
Instead of her simple red shirt and blue jeans, she now wore something more…complicated?
 
She now had an elegant, maybe silk made, red, full body dress that clung to her figure. The edges were bordered with golden cloth; on the right side a slit ran up to her mid-thighs before being laced with matching, golden ribbons up to her hip. Her, streaked, black hair was now held up in two, high, pigtails; tied up with red ribbons on either side. A deep, navy blue sash was tied slanted around her hips.
 
“What? I mean, really, if you're surrounded on sides and the enemy outnumbers you dearly, you stick to defense. Wait until they come to you, have your healer away from Archers and Snipers, also people with far ranged weapons. Have them constantly healing and supporting those who need it. When you exhaust them, charge head on then wipe them clean and off of their sorry little asses!” Zhen smirked.
 
The make-shift army stared at her in somewhat awe.
 
“Whaaat?” she whined, scowling at them, seemingly unaware of the change in her clothing.
 
“N-nothing…” Ike said quickly, shaking his head, “How would you like to be our tactician? I mean, unless you're working for someone already,” he said nervously.
 
“Working!? I'm only 14! But, sure!” she beamed. “I'm Zhen…” the teen nearly cringed at the sound of her own name.
 
“All right, you're in. I'm Ike, Commander of Greil's Mercenaries …” his voice trailed off as the sounds of clinking armor approached.
 
“Well, seems like a fight! Move! Ike, I want you up there with Boyd and Mia! Titania, Oscar, be ready to cover them! Oh, and Titania try not to kill them off, I want Mia to do that so she can gain more levels. Rhys, follow Mia and STAY OF RANGE!” Zhen ordered.
 
Titania nodded as she and the rest moved out, leaving Soren quite alone.
 
“And I should do what?” he scowled.
 
“Heh, you do look like a girl,” Zhen giggled then blushed, shaking her head furiously, “I mean, just stay in the back and cast, kay? Avoid using Elwind and Wind, try improving on Fire.
 
The crimson eyed male shot the now dubbed tactician a glare before dashing out.
 
Part Two
 
Zhen followed after him silently to watch as blade after blade clashed against each other while lance men attempted to take down the weak and axe men struck others brutally.
 
“Soren, aim for the Fighters! They'll be weak to magi--” the girl froze as a flaming arrow shot past her right ear, singeing one of her ribbons. “Eep!” She backed away hastily; breathing heavily.
 
A girl approached her slowly…she…she was so…so cute! Yes, CUTE!
 
Her bright, violet colored eyes shined vividly of confusion and rage. The little girl was no more than 10. Her red hair was held in two small buns, wrapped delicately and carefully in magenta cloth and strung up with orange ribbon. A heavily designed armor chest plate, magenta, was strapped to her along with two matching shoulder plates atop a short-sleeved, pale pink, under cloth that covered to her knees like a full-body dress. Pockets were slung across her chest, carrying varieties of items no doubt; a quiver was also strapped across her chest. A belt was slung clumsily around her waist carrying vulnerary and a flint stone to aflame her arrows.
 
“Where is he?” she shouted, loading her bow efficiently, though she was merely an archer, not yet sniper, and aimed it at Zhen threateningly.
 
“Who he?” Zhen asked nervously, backed up against the wall and shaking slightly.
 
“Big brother…” the little child repeated coldly.
 
“Who's…your big brother?” the tactician inquired curiously, helping herself stand more efficiently now. “We can help you find him...all right?”
 
“Shinon…they said I had an older brother named Shinon…I want to see him!” she yelled loudly.
 
“I…I'm sorry…but…Shinon left our ranks…recently…” the teen's face fell sorrowfully, remembering the scene from the beginning of Chapter 9.
 
“He…left...” the girl seemed to say the words, making them roll off her tongue slowly as if to savor them and make sure they were absolutely true. Tears began shimmering at the corners of her eyes.
 
“Eh? I...oh! Come here!” Zhen whined helplessly and grabbed the girl, wrapping her arms around the small child as she began to cry. “Say...what is your name? You don't wear the regular attire of the Daeins.
 
“I…I'm R-rei…” she sniffed, looking up at her consoler, confused dearly. “Why are you...comforting me? I tried t-to k-kill you.” Rei sniffed again.
 
“Because, you're going to join us…you'll join us and we'll help you find Shinon, all right?” smiling warmly, the teenage tactician squeezed her softly.
 
Rei fell silent, wiping her eyes away with the back of her wrist. “A-all right…” she smiled softly and when released from Zhen's grip, she picked up her bow and arrow. She struck the tip of her arrow on the flint and loaded it. She aimed it at an approaching, weakened, Daein who was swishing an axe, yelling something about `traitor' before the flaming arrow pierced his chest, burning him, literally, from the inside.
 
Zhen squeaked then smiled weakly before bringing Rei towards the others, who had finished off the others, and explained the little Archer girl's story.
 
“All right, Rei, welcome to our ranks,” Ike smiled warmly and then turned to the rest of the group. “And troops: King Caineghis has given us 2 partners and one person for us to escort.” The blue haired lad explained.
 
Part Three
 
Pretty right on cue, 3 Beast Laguz entered. Lethe—a ginger tabby—Mordecai—a blue tiger—and one they hadn't met yet. A silver tabby entered the tent, flipping the tent flaps behind her with a young girl, definitely no older than the age of 15.
 
The silver tabby stared around the room silently with her golden, metallic eyes. Her sleek black, shoulder-blade length, hair shimmered slightly as she tossed her head, somewhat proudly. The silvery ears upon the sides of her head, replacing what would be human ones, twitched, the matching tail curling, then uncurling, swishing this way and that.
 
Her outfit was formatted with a, tattered, pale orange short sleeve shirt paired with a green ,equally tattered, knee long skirt, slit for easier movement. Her feet were clad with the usual sandals for the Beast tribe and a bell was tied around her neck with a pretty sapphire ribbon. The upper part of her right arm was bandaged as were her hands.
 
The girl standing behind the Silver cat shyly, however, was Beorc, no doubt. She had shining violet eyes to match her mid-back length, silky, shiny, lavender hair. Two hair clips pulled up her loose bangs from her eyes and settled near her ears and the split was somewhere, slightly a little right to her nose.
 
She wore a graceful dress, much like the tacticians, of fine, pale lavender silk. The slit ran to her knees before being strung together with pearly white laces. A deep, elegant magenta covered the rim of the dress, following up either sides of the slit, up to her arms and wrapping around her chest.
 
The dress was obviously strapless, and sleeveless, though long, pale pink sleeves ran up to her upper arms and flared near her fingers; a white sash was slung across her hips as well, carrying various charms. A white gold locket was chained around her neck, hanging lazily around her chest, shown, glinting in the little sunlight that made it into the tent, the small diamond, encrusted into the locket front, shined with multi-color, as it too, caught rays of the sun.
 
“We are the allies sent to accompany your small…band…of mercenaries. I am Luna, and this, is the escorted.” Luna's voice seemed softer as she looked over at the teenager.
 
“I-I'm Alora …” the girl said nervously. Her voice, unlike her Laguz companions, was soft, and gently, the only reason it seemed to be heard was because of the wind that blew towards the mercenaries, carrying it easily.
 
“I will not be staying and aiding you…Beorcs, but in due time, I shall join. And if I hear that you mistreat this girl…I will personally end your lives with my bare claws…one wrong move…” Luna hissed dangerously, then, transforming, slinked away into the wilderness, out of the tent.
 
The group seemed to hold their breaths dearly as she spoke, a heavy sigh swept them and the rest looked towards Ike for further instructions.
 
“Um…right. Soren, I want you to be Alora's escort. You are to guard her, guard her with your life! She is a messenger of great importance and is to report to all Laguz Kings, if she is hurt or is killed, not only will Tellius most likely suffer…we will also suffer at the hands of, not Ashnard nor the Black Knight, but of that Luna cat…” Ike mumbled the last bit nervously before staring at Soren more intently.
 
The mage remained emotionless, still staring at the young mage, amazingly shorter than him, then nodded, emotions still masked in his eyes and in his tone. “Of course, Commander…” he mumbled then brushed past the girl without a fourth word {Unless I counted wrong…}.
 
“Lord Ike, I…I can fight too…I don't want to be a burden to him. I can use staves, and I'm also good with light magic…but, oh, please, don't make him if he doesn't want t—” Alora's words were cut off by Ike's warm and friendly smile.
 
“Don't worry, Soren will take good care of you, please don't push yourself, Alora.” Ike nodded then walked out, his leave signaled the end of the meeting and the rest of the small band dispelled itself off to their separate tents.
 
“Please excuse Soren's attitude, he isn't a man of many words,” the green-haired, well-mannered, young man by the name of Oscar had approached Alora. He smiled warmly as well before leaving by inclining his head.
 
“Yeah, ignore him, you'll get used to him. And if he causes trouble, go to Ike, Soren will listen to him, no problem,” Boyd flashed an idiotic grin before walking off, axe mounted upon his armored shoulder.
 
Alora smiled, “Everyone's so nice,” she mused aloud. Removing the clinking charms from her sash, she pulled a cloak around her somewhat frail body, grabbed a stave, then tucked the Nosferatu spell-book into an inside pocket of the cloak before running off, away from camp, and towards the forest nearby.
 
A few whiles into the forest, she heard something move behind her. Stiffening, she pulled out Nosferatu with excellent reflex, her hand was already shining, the light within her palm, when she spun around to see who was there.
 
Soren's face was illuminated in the bright, flickering yellow light. There was no emotion, not even a hint of the eye at her reflexes, not even a quirk of the eyebrow.
 
She sighed in relief and lowered her hand, tucking the spell-book away before blushing nervously, “Ah, sorry…thought you wer—”
 
“What are you doing here?” the male cut her off violently. His eyes were narrowed as he gazed down at her. “Ike told me to watch you and protect you. Not let you wander off into the wilderness alone. You can't run off like that ever again. During war, you'll stay behind me like a good little girl. If you try to help, you'll just get in the way so stay back and look pretty.” He said harshly.
 
Alora's eyes showed no sign of tears. “He said you'd be all right…I…don't mean to be a burden. I'm sorry I need so much protection. Even if I could learn something else but Light magic, I wouldn't be of much use…” she smiled weakly then pulled the cloak tighter around her and spun around swiftly. “I'm sorry, I'll return to camp now,” she said in a shaky voice then ran off.
 
Soren's well practiced hand shot out and grabbed her arm, pulling her closer to him, staring her in the eyes intensely. “Don't. If you're going back, I'll come with you. My mission is to protect you. Now just stay close,” he said monotonously, releasing her wrist, he walked a little before her.
 
The girl looked at him nervously then followed, a little behind him, slowly trailing the mage.
 
Suddenly, he stopped, making the teen bump into him.
 
The sound of an arrow whisked past them and the sounds of clinking armor sounded, echoing through the nearly silent night.
 
A flock of birds flew away with fright. Zhen's eyes snapped open, her heart beating. Something was wrong. All was not all right.
 
They were surrounded…
 
 
Read and Review =3
 
Quote of the Chapter:
 
None yet -.-;