Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Pyre Light ❯ Light ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I'm sure you've heard this uncountable times by now. Fire Emblem and all related subjects do not belong to me. It belongs to Nintendo. I am temporarily borrowing it fo- Blah, blah, blah, blah… Ok, now on with the fic!

Chapter One

We were at the Dragon's Gate. We had killed all the morph versions of old foes. We were fighting Nergal...

"Nergal! I will kill you!"

Lord Eliwood slashed with the blazing sword, Durandal. Lord Hector followed suit and swung his legendary axe, the awe inspiring Armads. Nergal smirked, jumping out of the way of the two legendary weapons. His smile quickly faded, when Archsage Athos cast a Forblaze spell.

"Accursed old fool!" Nergal shrieked, taking the full force of the spell in.

Nergal spun around, casting his dark magic, blowing away blocks of concrete and stone. I gripped my newly found Regal Blade. Feeling the smooth leather handle of the shining blade soothed me. I awaited my signal from our tactician, Aidan.

Priscilla, the Valkyrie, seemed to be faring well, using a Bolting tome she picked up from our travels to snipe away at Nergal. Lady Lyndis was sweeping in and out, elegantly, swinging her Sol Katti at Nergal. Lucius, a Bishop, was casting the Luce spell that was picked up from the morph version of that accursed Bishop, Kenneth. Rebecca and Wil, our team's archers, were standing to the side, arrows flying. Nils was standing to the side, watching the battle roar, his flute quite useless in such a melee. Raven like myself, was standing at the rear end of army, ready to provide backup if needed.

Or in this case, fight backup.

Many cavalier morphs suddenly charged in from the entrance of the Dragon's Gate. The clicking sound of their horses' hooves on the stone floor alerted Raven and I to their presence. Raven and I spun around, facing the onslaught of cavaliers.

"Let's go Guy!" Raven yelled, unsheathing and raising his Silver Blade high above his head, charging.

I did not reply, it was not characteristic of me to speak to people. Instead, I unsheathed my Regal Blade and charged the hoard of morphs. A cavalier charged me, thrusting his Steel Lance forward. I nimbly sidestepped to the right, bringing my sword up, and cut him in the stomach. Like all morphs, he spilled no blood, and merely disintegrated into dust after being dealt a fatal wound. Having been trained by the great Swordmaster Karel himself, I weaved in and out of all the lances, slashing the morphs up as I went. Then, a Silver Lance came as if out of nowhere, and cut me in the side. I fell down onto the stone floor and dropped my Regal Blade, blood flowing through my torn clothes. The morph stood over me, his face emotionless, expressionless. He raised his spear and prepared to thrust it into my chest, to kill me. I was in no position to move, paralyzed momentarily by the deep gash.

Then, a flash of lightning blinded me, and when I opened my eyes again, the morph was gone. Realizing who it was that cast the spell, I breathed a sigh of relief. Priscilla rode over to me, the Bolting tome in her hand.

"Guy, are you alright?" even as Priscilla asked me, she whipped out her Mend staff, and quickly uttered an incantation. I felt my wounds heal, and stood up.

Raven had mopped up the remnants of the cavaliers, by the time I had gotten up, and was sheathing his sword. I uttered a quick word of thanks to Priscilla, and picked up and sheathed my own sword. During our brief battle, Lord Eliwood had plunged the Durandal into Nergal's heart, killing him.

"Hahaha… I may have fallen, but I have left a little surprise behind… ha ha ha…" Nergal gasped, blood leaking slowly out of his mouth.

"Is it over?" Lord Eliwood said, mainly to himself.

ROOOOOOOOAR

Apparently not.

Our entire battle group rushed to the Dragon's Gate itself, and witnessed in horror, as three fire dragons stepped out of the Gate.

"Oh no, oh no," Lady Lyndis said softly.

"This can't be…" Lord Hector muttered.

Suddenly, a figure materialized in front of us, blocking our way to the dragon. A body was in his arms, he cradled it with utmost care. I recognized him, aside from Archsage Athos, he was the only living legend, Bramimond.

Bramimond spoke, "…Preparations… took time…Okay. I require everyone's strength. Gather here the legendary power! Bring her back… Let the dragon girl's soul be restored."

I thought "what the hell" but before anyone said anything, he turned around, revealing the person in his arms was none other than Ninian, the dragon girl that was mistakenly killed by Lord Eliwood. Bramimond lowered Ninian and laid her on the ground. Her body suddenly began to glow a pale shade of blue, much alike to her hair color. The light faded, and Ninian miraculously stood up, albeit shakily.

"Where… where am I?" Ninian looked confused. An understatement, as she had just been resurrected from death.

There was little time to spare, for the fire dragons had decided to begin advancing on us, and Bramimond ignored Ninian's question. He said, "Girl with the exalted blood of the dragons. Use that power to appease them."

Ninian looked down, "Ah… it's not possible… to use my power… in this world….."

Bramimond replied quickly, "Do you not feel it? Your power returning?"

Ninian closed her eyes and said, "…What?" Then her eyes opened slowly, "Ah, yes……… I will try…"

Spreading her arms out wide, Ninian summoned what little strength she had. Clenching her eyes shut, she thrust her arms forward, chanting an ancient incantation. Strings of blue light enveloped her. Then, opening her eyes, the streams of blue light condensed into a large beam, which she fired off at the fire dragons. The blue beam arced gracefully, and then contacted the floor right below the dragons. A shattering explosion of ice and hail hit the fire dragons, killing two of them instantly. The third stood firm, but was noticeably weakened.

Ninian stood, exhausted, "That's enough… I'm sorry... this is not your fault......I'm sorry… No… no more......"

Ninian collapsed to the floor, unconscious, and Lord Eliwood shouted, "Ninian!"

Nils, Ninian's brother and also a dragon, said softly, "It is all right, she only fainted. Thank goodness, Ninian…"

Bramimond said in a strong voice, "One dragon still remains… Leave the girl to me. I shall tend to her."

Picking up Ninian, Bramimond backed away slowly, distancing himself from the final dragon, who was still recuperating from Ninian's attack.

Archsage Athos shouted out, his voice full of energy and life, "Chosen ones! You must stop the final dragon! You must save us all!!"

Athos then turned around, and charged the dragon, uttering the incantation for Forblaze. The dragon took the full force of the spell, but it barely seemed fazed. The only sign that Archsage Athos's spell had connected was a small scorch mark on the chest of the dragon. The dragon roared in anger, breathing a large plume of fire at Athos. Athos quickly summoned up a protective barrier, but eventually the barrier broke, and Athos was hit by the attack.

"No more… fight on, children of Roland. I can not go on…" Athos gasped, before collapsing on the floor, still alive, but burnt badly.

At that point, all hell broke loose as our entire battle group charged the dragon. Lucius cast a blindingly powerful Luce spell, catching the dragon off guard. Roaring in fury, it took an Excalibur spell in the head, courtesy of Priscilla. Before it had time to launch a counterattack, Raven had pulled out the Basilikos, an axe so powerful, it was only second to the legendary Armads. Leaping in the air, Raven lodged the axe into the dragon's flank. Rebecca and Wil were unleashing hell upon the dragon, with the Rienfleche and Brave Bow. I leaped into the air, bringing my Regal Blade into a downward slash, cutting the dragon's scaly back. Lady Lyndis, Lord Eliwood, and Lord Hector pulled out their respective weapons, and charged. Lady Lyndis, following my lead, leaped into the air and attacked the dragon's back with her Sol Katti. Lord Eliwood thrust his Durandal into the dragon's chest, crippling it. Hector swung his Armads, and imbedded it into the dragon's skull, killing it. It fell to the floor, uttering a last cry of fury.

"Eliwood!" Are you all right?!" Lord Hector called out.

"Yes. Thanks to you, Hector," Lord Eliwood shakily replied, "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here. I truly thank you."

"Ninny, I don't need your thanks. Friends help friends," Lord Hector scoffed.

Archsage Athos stood up slowly, and said, "Well done, brave successor to Roland. It's finally over. Finally everything is…"

Archsage Athos collapsed to the floor, gasping.

"Graybeard!?" Lord Hector said in surprise.

Bramimond and Archsage Athos had a quick conversation. It was clear that Archsage Athos was not going to live much longer. As he lay on the floor, slowly drifting away, he saw a prophecy, and told us its contents, "Oh… Why? Why… is this not now…? Neither Bramimond nor I… will be… here… to help a land… in need…"

"What do you see?" Lady Lyndis anxiously asked.

Heaving a gasp, Archsage Athos told us his prophecy, "An evil star… rises in Bern… All of Elibe will be once again awash in blood… But do not fear. Once again, Lycia brings hope. Children of fire… Everything……"

At that point, Archsage Athos collapsed on the floor, dead. Lord Eliwood murmured a prayer, wishing Archsage Athos a happy life in the afterworld.

Ninian and Nils disappeared through the Dragon's Gate, sealing it from our world. The event drew a great bout of sadness, being unable to ever see our two dragon friends again. We headed out of the temple, which was erected long ago by the dragons. Our entire group left for the northern shore, the people who didn't fight in the final confrontation with us. We were chatting happily despite the departure of Ninian and Nils; giddy with relief we had all survived this hell.

The sun was rising, casting a golden flood of light upon us all. We were all ready to leave Dread Isle. Ready to board Fargus's ship and head home. Home to the massive continent called Elibe, to our respective countries. Home… at long last, after all this hell, home…

A/N: There, first chapter to my first Fire Emblem fic. R&R please

And by the way, can right now I'm using multiple spaces instead of tabs. I don't know how to format it so that tabs actually show on ff.net instead of "???????"

And I don't know how to format it so that all capital letters show instead of that strange box.
Can someone teach me?