Fist Of The North Star Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon is Reborn ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Lews Therin woke up in bed. He seemed to be in a restoration ward of some sort. People coming and going, and he could see Ilyena sitting to the side. 'What happened?' he thought to himself. The last thing he recalled… He was trying to place the seals on the Dark One's prison "Did we win Ilyena? Is the war over?" Ilyena looked at him. He saw a shadow pass across those beautiful eyes.

"You succeeded in placing the seals, but the Dark One counterattacked, tainting Saidin, and all the male channelers slowly went mad." She said

"You're joking aren't you? But if all the male channelers went mad, then why am I still sane, and why don't I remember any of it."

"Look at yourself Lews Therin." Said Ilyena

And he did, there were dragons coiled around his arm, and herons branded into hands. 'Strange tattoos' he thought, then he looked more closely, and saw that the coloring was different. And the fingers seemed shorter. He jumped out of bed looking for a mirror. "Lews Therin…" he heard Ilyena say, but he found what he had been looking for. The image he saw in the mirror shocked him. He couldn't believe it.

"How?" He asked Ilyena, and she sighed. "You died Lews Therin, and you have been reborn in a new body."

Now this was completely unexpected. Sure he'd heard theories and discussions between scholars about the nature of life and death and rebirth, but somehow, he'd never thought about it in relation to himself, except perhaps wondering once in a while who he might have been in those different times, if he indeed was born before.

"Tell me what is going on Ilyena" he said, as he reached for Saidin to get a feel of it. And then he felt it. A dark filthy sludge seemed to enter him. It made him want to vomit. His eyes darted to Ilyena in shock, as memories started to come to him, and a name. Rand al'Thor.

Ilyena looked at him, her eyes unfocussed, and from her face she seemed to be remembering some horror, then her eyes came back to him "This is going to take a while to explain" Something told him that he was not going to like it.

Two days had passed since he had awakened. He had spent time with Ilyena, catching up on events. He had also spent sometime with his children, who it seemed had all forgiven him and moved on. He could now remember all of his life, or both lives as it may be. Perhaps it was not his fault, but some of his actions as Rand al'Thor had been very embarrassing, he wasn't sure he would feel himself worthy of looking someone else in the eyes for a long time to come. No, best not to think like that. His grandfather, in two lifetimes it seemed, was quite capable of listening in on thoughts, and exacting punishment afterwards for anything he disapproved of. He shook his head. The Legendary Kohr Therin Tamyrlin Sauhran , his grandfather had died when he was twelve years old, after living more that two thousand years. He had been a legend. Some thought him responsible for having created the Aes Sedai, which he had in a way back in their age, and again now it seemed. He remembered respecting his grandfather a great deal, before he had died, but of course, he had been old by then. Not so now, and now he could see that great presence that many of the older Aes Sedai had spoken of when talking about his grandfather. Of course, now it was even more prominent. He had changed much. As he had said it was partly the effect of rebirth, and the fact that he was no longer an Aes Sedai, but a Seeker of Truth. He had met a few of his grandfather's apprentices as well. They all had a feel of power and knowledge to them that was alien to his own time. And they did not believe in serving anyone but themselves. He thought that that was what bother him the most, that these people could devastate the Dark One's forces, and yet would not lift a finger unless they themselves were threatened. And The Warriors were an even greater horror than the seekers, living for power, living to kill almost, and they outnumbered both of the other groups combined. Unfortunately they wouldn't help either(not that he was sure he wanted their help), to them the shadow's forces were too pathetic to bother fighting. At least the council of Aes Sedai would be willing, assuming that his grandfather let him near them. His point of view was clear enough. He would not allow his creations to be contaminated by the people of Rand al'Thor's world. Whether or not it was their fault for being in their current state. He was partially surprised that his grandfather didn't blame him for the tainting of Saidin. Blaming himself for it, had gained him hours of torment for foolishness. Yes he was like the stories about him. The stories said that one day he had simply walked into the Hall of Servants, and told them that he was taking command of the Aes Sedai. He had been respected and feared even then. Under his command, all of the other channeling factions had been absorbed by the Aes Sedai along with their knowledge. Histories about the time were inaccurate, and what was known was mostly rumor. But it seemed as if his grandfather had some power to him that caused people to bend to him. He had seemingly united the world by his sheer will… Lews Therin shook his head again.

This world he had reawakened to was most strange. At least he had Ilyena with him, and his children. All but one of them had been resurrected, and now they were all grown up, and Aes Sedai in their own rights. Ahh Sara Therin, his youngest daughter, it seemed that she had already been reborn by the time Grandfather had advanced the ressurection process to being able to bring back whoever he wanted. Before that the system had been limited to only those people who had great power of their own, or were directly linked by spirit to his Grandfather, like Yuria, and Raoh. He felt his heart stop as the name came to his mind. Grandfather said that he was actually far more controlled and loving than he had been before. Which was terrifying considering what he felt like now. No best not to think of that.

Well there was a bright side to all of this. Things were definitely not as bleak as they had been with Rand al'Thor. For all that he was not getting all the help he might want. He would at least be with his family, and his children had chosen to serve with him in the upcoming war. And his grandfather, Master Bremen, and… he coughed, they would be with him to help train the people of the new world, to whatever level could be managed, and they at least unlike the Tarr'han Aes Sedai, would naturally be allowed to fight to save their world. And soon he would have all the training needed to handle the taint. Yes, things would turn out well. He just had to keep telling himself that.

End Chapter 2