Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Kits, Cats, and Ryu ❯ Kits, Cats, and Ryu Chapter 2: Hidden Village of the Animals ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Sorry I forgot to put this into Chap 1, but I own none of these, in fact I have probably taken some ideas from other fanfic writers, but I have read so much that I can't remember for sure. If you feel like suing me, go ahead, but I must warn you my third bank account just closed for over drafting, I recently stopped going to a university and thus will be in debt for the rest of my life, and it will cost you far more to actually sue me than you have any hope of receiving. Once again and work inserted here is not mine and is the property of its respective owner. Anything not claimed is mine.

Chapter 2

Hidden City of the Animals

The scene opens on a forest clearing; two raven haired boys are lying unconscious being watched over by a blond haired boy.

"Hey, wake up" the blond boy orders as he begins to shake the closer of the two. "WAKE UP!"

The sleeping boy shot off the ground and landed about five feet away in a ready stance.

"Huh… where am I? Who are you, and who is that?" he asks gesturing to the figure on the ground.

"My name is Naruto Uma… just Naruto." The blond states.

"I am Ranma, and like you it is just Ranma."

As they are introducing themselves, the figure on the ground begins to stir.

"We must leave this area quickly," informs Naruto "it is ground protected by the hidden leaf. Let us carry him until we are safely off their lands."

"Sounds like a plan," Ranma picks up the other figure in a fireman's carry "lead the way."

As they run through the trees, the third boy wakes up and introduces himself as Recca. After a few more hours of running Naruto stops the little group. They look around and see that they are nearing the edge of the forest, and can see a looming mountain directly in front of them, with the forest stopping about a half mile in any direction around it.

"This is the edge of the land protected by the Konoha; we are now entering lands not under any of the ninja group's jurisdiction."

"Lets find shelter for the night and then we can exchange stories," Recca replies "there is sure to be a cave in that mountain."

The boys run for the mountain searching for any signs of inhabitants or possible shelter. As they are nearing the mountain, the sky begins to cloud over and peals of thunder are heard.

"Run, run faster," yells Ranma as he takes off faster than either of the other boys had thought possible.

The boys arrive at a cave just before the rain starts.

"That was close" mumbles Ranma; luckily the others were not paying attention, "looks like we are camping here for the night, so we might as well get started. My name was Ranma Saotome, heir to the Saotome school of Anything Goes martial arts. It all started when I was five an' my pop decided to take me on a training trip…"

Two hours later

"… and then I woke up here."

The others looked at him wide eyed.

"So you say you turn into a girl with cold water and back with hot? That sucks man."

"Wow, you must be great to have killed a god." Naruto says, clearly awestricken. He then begins to tell his tale. "…Well, I just recently found out that I hold a fox demon inside me, and that is why I have been unaccepted all my life. My life goal was to become the Hokage, but it doesn't look like that will happen now. I ran away from the village when my teacher, Iruka, the one person I trusted, claimed me to be the demon fox."

"Well it sounds like none of us have had it easy," intones Recca he then goes on to explain Kurei, the Hokage clan, and his mother. "…the only way we could think of to allow her to die was for her to retransport me through time, but I guess Ranmas vortex got mixed with mine and dropped us here."

"Since we are here, why don't we try to make the best of it" Ranma suggested

"But what can we do, we know nothing of this world."

At this Naruto got an Idea, "hey guys, why don't we create our own Ninja sect. since we all have animal spirits inside us we can be the Hidden Animal village."

"Yea, I bet if we worked at it we could learn a lot from each other, we could even base it at this very mountain."

"But Ranma it would take decades to carve this into habitable living space." Recca argued

"Not using the Bakusai Tenketsu it wouldn't, and luckily I watched Ryoga train in it."

"Something tells me I won't like this technique very much" Recca groans.

"I can learn a new technique? Let's start first thing in the morning." Naruto says excitedly.

"Then I suggest we get some sleep, `cause tomorrow is going to be a long day."

The next morning Naruto and Recca awoke to the sound of Ranma grunting in frustration. When they left the cave to check on him they found he had somehow tied himself up so that only his index finger could be moved, across from him a boulder was tied hanging from a limb.

"About time you woke up, I just finished getting set up." Ranma stated matter of factly.

"Set up for what?" queried Naruto

"Training of course, now pull the rope attached to that boulder and when I say, let it go."

"But won't it hurt when it smashes into you; I mean that thing must weigh a ton."

"That's the point; this isn't just taught to learn how to blow stuff up, but also to toughen up the body."

Recca and Naruto just shrug at this and begin pulling the boulder back.

"Ok, let go."

They let go and wince as it smashes into Ranma at full speed.

"Again"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

They begin the process again. It is repeated for the next three days, only stopping for food, until Ranma learns it. It takes another five for Recca and six for Naruto. With that done, they begin to discuss plans for their new city. With Recca's experience at hidden buildings, Naruto's knowledge of the Konoha village, and Ranma's knowledge of Phoenix Mountain, it is quickly decided that the to of the mountain will be carved out in a bowl shape to make room for a practice ground. Ranma takes care of this, while Recca and Naruto begin to create a network of passages and rooms. Recca then takes strides to disguise the entrances and exits so none can enter without knowing the correct protocol. A turning statue here, a trapdoor there, and before the month is up, the boys have a rather nice complex.

"I heard that in a month the trials for Chuunin status will begin" Naruto explains one evening, "they are taking place at Konoha."

"I think I have worked out a way to combine Jusenkyo's properties and that transformation technique you showed us, to allow us to take alternate forms with out the constant use of Chakra, Chi, or Ki. Mine is forced female for obvious reasons, but water will not have any effect on me any more, and you should be able to suitably alter your appearance so that none shall recognize you if you so choose."

"No, I will not hide from them, as the leaders of our newborn clan; we have as much right as any to take the test."

"Ranma don't you think we should take care of your little feline problem before going?" asks Recca.

"I think I might have found a way, but I will need a few days in meditation, if this works out it might be able to put you two in touch with your animal sides as well."

"Ok, until you are done then, we will not bother you. Ready for a spar Naruto?"

"Anytime."

One week later

Recca and Naruto come back from their nightly spar to find a decidedly different Ranma waiting for them. He was still himself, but now he sported silver hair and his stormy blue eyes were now slit like a cats. Oh the fur, cat ears, tail, teeth, and claws were new too.

"What happened to you?!" exclaimed Recca

"I found the cat's spirit and merged with it, I can change back, I think." With that Ranma concentrated and he was once again back in his old body, but the silver hair remained. "Want to try it?"

Another week passed and we see all three have become more feral looking. Recca has been covered in red scales similar to armor. His eyes are now lizard like, his hair fire red, he also has talons, and a tail. Naruto looks the least changed, he is covered in white fur, has blood red eyes, claws, and nine fox tails. With only two weeks before the test, they decide to shift back to human, and go to Konoha.

Upon arriving they head to Naruto's old apartment, making sure to keep to the shadows and not be seen. No one has been in it since he left, in fact it seems that no one has noticed he left. This saddens him, until Ranma reminds him that they are going to prove their superiority to all the clans before this is over. Ranma then changes to girl form and goes to steal, I mean acquire clothing, unmarked forehead protectors, and food. When she gets back she returns to being male and changes to hybrid form. Then using his claws he marks the decided upon sigil into the protectors, a set of whiskers three in each direction. That finished, they divided up the clothing, black silk shirt and pants for Ranma, black ninja bodysuit for Recca, and a black jumpsuit for Naruto; all complete with Kung Fu slippers, and full length hooded cloaks. While Recca and Naruto changed, Ranma shifted to human female again and went to sign the team up. After nearly an hour of arguing, the testers decided it would be easier to allow them to compete and fail, then to continue arguing. After all no one had ever heard of the Hidden Animal village, and according to the girl it was just born, how good could they be? When Ranma left, she decided to take a look around the village. She began to jog and got in a lot of sightseeing, when she noticed the sun beginning to set. She ran back to the apartment, once again making sure not to be seen via the Umisenken's revised invisibility technique, no cloth needed and no energy can be detected.

"Where have you been?" asked Naruto "I'm getting hungry and we have been waiting for hours."

"Just gettin' a view of the area, calm down. We can go once I am in male form and we are all dressed."

In no more than two seconds all three were fully dressed, cloaks and all, with protectors displayed over where their eyes would be if you could see through the cloak.

"Why are we doing this again?" whined Naruto

"Training" replied Recca "it is supposed to enable you to fight without your eyes."

They then left the apartment and made it without being seen to the ramen restaurant. Ranma "read" the sign proclaiming the all-you-can-eat deal currently going on. Without further ado, they sat at a nearby table and placed their order, three of everything.

"Are you sure?" asked the waitress

Ranma thought for a second "Actually you're right, double that order."

As soon as the food arrived, at least that which would fit on the table, the fight for food began. The waitress and other patrons backing away for fear of losing a limb to the vicious brawl. Soon the waitress realized that all she had to do was throw the bowl into the middle of the group and it would instantly be piled with the rest off to the side, completely drained. Naruto and Recca ate about one of everything, and Ranma finished off the meal. As they were walking out the door, the noticed the manager taking down the all-you-can-eat sign with tears in his eyes. Naruto then senses Iruka nearby and quickly double checks to make sure the hood and protector are sufficiently shielding his face. He pauses when he hears Iruka mention to another instructor that Naruto still hasn't shown up.

`Heh, if only you knew Iruka, if only you knew.' Naruto thought. He then turned to catch up with the others.

On the way back to the apartment they came across a person from the hidden village of the sand picking on a younger Konoha group. Ranma quickly used the Umisenken Invisibility technique and raced forward to tap a point on the Sand boys neck, instantly putting him to sleep. Returning to the others, Ranma dropped his technique and they returned to the apartment in peace.

Four days later, The day of the initial test.

The three from Team Animal are the first to arrive, sitting down in the back corner and beginning meditation. They are so engrossed in it that they don't notice the other test takers walk in, but they stop when they feel the instructors appear using Chakra.

"Thanks for waiting. I'm the examiner for the first test of the Chuunin selection exam, Morino Ibiki." Claims an instructor with scars on his face and wearing a long black trench coat over his grey instructors uniform. "Hidden Sound stop doing as you please before the exam."

"I'm sorry, it's our first time and we got overexcited."

"Here's a good opportunity to say this, there will be no fighting without the permission of the examiner; even if permission is granted, killing your opponent will not be tolerated. Those pigs that disobey me will be failed immediately. Do I make myself clear?"

"This test is starting to sound easy" one of the Hidden Sound confidently states.

"We will now start the first test of the Chuunin exam, bring up your application, pick one of these tabs, and sit in the seat assigned to you. We will the hand out the exam problems."

At this Naruto begins to get nervous. The other two feel this and use their chi to project a calming wave over him. Moving faster than even the instructor can see Ranma runs to the front drops off all three applications, filed under the names Kit, Cat, and Ryu which they decided to go by in order to hold Naruto's true power a secret until later. Using the Kachuu Tenshin Amaguriken he quickly locates the numbers for the three seats they are currently occupying and before anyone can see him he returns to his seat, passing out the numbers. They then return to meditation. After every one else returns to their seats and the other instructorstake their seats Ibiki-sensei announces That any who haven't picked up a number and sat in the assigned seat by now must leave the building.

"Hidden Animals you are dismissed for failure to follow orders. Nabungo-sensei please wake them up and escort them out." The instructor closest to them shake Ranma in an attempt to wake him, but then notices the numbers in front of them.

"Ibiki-sensei, they are already seated correctly, they must have done it in the confusion."

"Very well, leave them. There are many important rules to this first test. Questions will not be allowed, so listen carefully." Begins writing on the chalk board, "Rule one: you guys will all start off with ten points, this test is made up of ten questions, making each worth one point, and the test uses a subtraction system. Basically if you answer all ten questions correct, you keep all ten points. But say you miss three questions, you lose three points and will have seven points. The second rule: Whether you pass will be determined by the combined scores of you and your teammates. Now the most important rule, the third rule is that, during the exam if any of the testing officers catch you doing any sneaky activities, namely cheating, you will have two points subtracted for every offense. So during the exam, there will be some who will lose all points and be asked to leave. Realize that the pathetic ones who get caught cheating will be destroying themselves."

"We'll be watching you guys." An instructor near the Hidden Animals informed them.

"As Shinobi trying to reach the level of Chuunin, act as proud Shinobi should. And the final rule: Those who lose all their initial points during the test will be failed, along with their two teammates. And the final question will be handed out at the 45 minute mark. The exam will last one hour. Begin!"

At this all the students flipped their paper over and furiously began to answer the questions. All the students that is except for three black cloaked figures sitting in the back continuing to meditate.

`From their actions this must be a near impossible test.' Naruto signed benieth his cloak.

`The examiner seemed to imply that cheating was the only way to finish it, so there must be some trick behind it.' Recca signaled using his Chi to pick up on Naruto's motions.

`It's a psychological torture technique' Ranma gestured `he put way too much emphasis on the importance of the test, also making sure to emphasize that getting caught cheating will make you lose points. By putting a test in front of us that ninjas of our level could not possibly hope to pass it would serve to cause us to cheat in hope that the one we are cheating off knows the right answers, and he will increase the preassure during the last question by saying something like "if you take this question and fail it, you will never be a Chuunin" just ignore it and continue building chi. Man I'm glad no one on this world uses chi, but then again chakra is very powerful so they probably didn't think to find another source of energy.'

Recca and Naruto are dumfounded, shock would be evident on their faces if they were showing.

`A teacher of mine once did a similar thing, besides I lived with Nabiki for two years, and I told you how she was.'

`oh.' Was the only response from either of the others.

With that they all return to meditation.

`Those kids haven't even moved yet, they are completely calm throughout, pretty impressive for rookies. What are they up to? It doesn't even seem like they can see with the protectors over their eyes.' Ibiki pondered.

All the other students began doing their techniques to cheat, and one by one the teams were dropped.

"Looks like we have already dropped the incompetent ones. I will now give the final problem, since 45 minutes have passed. But before that, there's one thing I must say. There will be one special rule for this last question."

`Here it comes' Ranma motioned to the others just as the door opened to admit a Sand student who went to on a bathroom break earlier, and the Instructor escorting him.

"You're lucky. Your puppet show didn't have to go to waste. Oh well, sit down."

The student complied, but the Animals noticed he dropped a tiny note to one of the other Sands on the way to his seat.

"I will now explain. This is a hopeless rule. First you all will get to choose if you take the tenth problem or not." By now the air is so thick with nervous chi that the Animals can barely hold it away from them. Naruto, with the least expierence using chi, begins to falter until the others extend their shields to cover him as well. Together the manage to withstand the onslaught.

"Choose? So what happens if we choose not to take it?" queries a Sand student, in fact it is the one who received the note.

"If you choose not to take it, your points will be reduced to zero. In other words, you fail. Your two other teammates will fail along with you." This of course causes some gasping and determined outbursts. " and here is the other rule. If you choose to take it and get it wrong, you will lose the privilege to take the Chuunin exam forever!"

"What kind of dumb rule is that," one of the leaf students exclaims "there are those here who have failed it before and returned."

"You were unlucky. This year, I am the rule. That is why I gave you the option of quitting. Those who are not confident may choose not to take it and choose to take the exam next year or the year after that. Let us begin. Those who will not be taking the tenth raise your hands, after we confirm your numbers, we will ask you to leave." The tension now is beginning to seep through the shield erected by the Animals.

"I…I…I quit! I won't take it!" one student exclaims

"Number 50 fail, numbers 130 and 111 along with him" came the response.

"Me too." "Me as well." And many students unwilling to risk the chance of failure began to raise their hands. As each number was called that student left the room, hanging their head. With less people in the room the chi force exerted by the Animals swept the room in a wave of confidence

`oops too much energy, we weren't ready for such a void opening up, oh well too late to fix it now.' Ranma thought

`What was that? All of the sudden I felt more confident in myself, it looks like it effected the students as well. It seems to have wiped out everyone's uncertainty. 78 left, that's more left than I expected. Looks like there's no point in waiting any longer.' Dertemined Ibiki, "Nice determination. Then for the first exam, everyone here… Passes!"

"Wait! What's the meaning of that? We pass already? What about the tenth question?" questions a pink haired Leaf student.

"Sakura…" whispers Naruto in a voice low enough only Ranma and Recca can hear him.

"There was no such ting to begin with" chuckles Ibiki with a big grin, "or you can call the choice to risk it and stay or play it safe and leave the final question." He then goes on to explain what Ranma already explained. "The first exam of the Chuunin selection ends now, I wish you luck." No sooner had that been said than a window shattered inward and a cloth was held to the ceiling by two kunais.

"No time for being happy now," exclaims a woman standing in front of the cloth on which was written: Second examiner, Mitarashi Anko is here. "I am the second examiner Mitarashi Anko. Let's go onto the next exam. Follow me!" she proclaims raising her fist in a victory gesture. All the students look on dumbfounded.

"Grasp the atmosphere" Ibiki advises

"That examiner is like Naruto" Sakura says in a low voice "it's too bad he ran away, I didn't realize how much he meant to me until he was gone." Naruto managed to hear this and his ears perked up "of course if I had been looking forward to this my entire life, then failed the Genin exam I would probably run too." He nearly face faulted at this.

"78?" Anko questioned "Ibiki you let 26 teams pass? The first exam must have been too soft."

"It looks like there are a lot of excellent students this time."

"Oh well, I'm going to make more than half the teams fail in the next exam. I'm getting excited. I will explain the details tomorrow. We will go somewhere else tomorrow so ask your Jounin teachers about the rally point and time. That is all. Dismissed. Team Animal I need to speak with you after the other students leave." Once all the other students filed out, Anko walked over to Ranma's group. "I understand you are from a new clan and do not have an examiner."

"That is correct" replies Recca, being the most diplomatic of the group

"Well this envelope contains the rally point and time, destroy it after reading it. Also I am to ask about your names. Kit, Cat and Ryu are not your real names, are they?"

"Those are our chosen clan names, our true names will be kept a secret until we choose to disclose them."

"Okay, any specific reason you chose those?"

"Yes."

"…Can you tell me it?"

"you may find out in due time, but we chose not to inform anyone as of yet."

"okay…"

"we will be leaving unless you have anything more pertinent to ask."

"No, but hold on a minute, I want to find out more about your clan."

"Anko-sensei." A student calls from the doorway

"Wait one moment" she tells the student as she turned to see who it was. Turning back the three she asks "Where is your village located?" she then notices that no one is there any more. Shrugging it off she gathers the tests and returns them to Ibiki.

Looking at them Ibiki is surprised to find that they haven't had anything written on them except for their names. "what an interesting group, they saw through the test right away, I will have to remember to watch them."

The next day all the remaining teams are gathered in front of the Forbidden Area. A fence surrounds a forest and Anko arrives to explain the test.

"This is where the second test will take place. The 44th training area also known as the Forest of Death."

Authors notes:

That was significantly longer than the first chapter. The next should come out within a week, but no gaurentees. This one took me almost two days of writing to make. I also need a prereader or two who are knowledgeable about these series. I know that the characters seem somewhat out of character, but I think they would be somewhat subdued after two lost their worlds, and the third found out everyone thought him to be a demon, including the one he most trusted.

Notes to reviewers:

VuDragon88: Thanks for the review, I had been thinking about this among other stories for sometime but they were crossovers no one did, or only did one or two chapters. Examples of possible future stories include: Ranma/Generator Gawl, Ranma/Gargoyles, and Ranma/King of Bandits. Also I will probably try the Ranma/SM crossover challenge just to see what I come up with.

Aagan the third: Bite me, Flames are ok as long as they are constructive, that was a personal attack and to you I say "If you don't like it, don't read it."