FLCL Fan Fiction ❯ The Blue Vespa ❯ Mamimi's Thoughts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Text that is in this format mean Naota is thinking!

Tane, when I let your sister into my heart, she left me. If I let you in, will you leave me too?

That night, it was raining. Just a plain drizzle, and Tane watched the rain through the now mended window. And Naota watched Tane, standing there in his pajamas, the ones Ninamori had borrowed once, she looked just like Haruko standing there. Except for her eyes, sure they were gold, but much more mellow than Haruko's, and they flashed like cat eyes in the lightening.
It began to thunder, Tane seemed to quake under the noise. She hustled over to Naota and huddle next to him. He was awestruck.
"Ta-" a loud blast over thunder overlapped his words. She drew closer to him; she was afraid of the lightning. Naota didn't know what to do. He sat there in the rumbling dark, mulling over what he should do. It was time for him to act like an older brother, so he shifted his and her weight, pulled the covers over the both of them, and held Tane protectively. She relaxed and soon fell asleep. He part way buried his face in her dark pink hair, the soft strands lazily clumping upwards under the static of the storm outside, and murmured to her.
"Tane, what am I to do?"

(Iris: AW! XD)

"Naota! Get up~!" Naota sat immediately in response to his father's voice downstairs. He was disoriented and did not register anything, until he felt the nothingness beside him.
"Ah! Tane?!"
"Hai, Naota-san?" Tane's head popped followed by the rest of her body carrying a plate of curry.
"What's that?"
"Breakfast curry!" She brought it up to him. It had the same look as the curry Haruko made during her own stay, but it smelled like bacon and eggs, there was even a glass of orange juice balancing itself at the edge of the plate. He growled under his breath and pushed the plate away from himself.
"I hate spicy stuff."
"Oh." she sounded disappointed, but he knew he didn't like spicy stuff and he wasn't going to change his taste for her. (there! she's not a Mary-Sue now! XD)
"Just some toast, I have to go see Mamimi today." Tane turned on her heel and danced down the stairs. A thud was heard along with shattering glass and Grandpa shouting at Kamon and Tane for being absent-minded. Naota sighed and got dressed, thinking of what he should say to Mamimi, "Hey, Mamimi, there's a new alien in town. she's the last one's baby sister!"
"Takkun!" Naota fell over, his shirt just barely around his neck. Mamimi had decided to come in for breakfast. Tane greeted her with a plate of breakfast curry. Naota ran downstairs to see Mamimi happily sitting at the table and eating, "Morning, Takkun."
"Mamimi! What are you doing here?"
"She came by for breakfast, Naota-san!" chirped Tane.
"I see that."
"Takkun, you didn't tell me you had a new alien housekeeper."
"Well, Mamimi... you see-"
"I'm HaruHara Tane, the baby sister of HaruHara Haruko."
"Oh, are you going to make robots come out of Takkun's head?"
"No."
"Mamimi! Shouldn't we be going?"
"Where?"
"Somewhere!" He grabbed Mamimi's hand and dashed out the door. Tane sadly sat at the table, looking down at Mamimi's unfinished plate. She fiddled with her choker's ornament.
____
"Takkun" Mamimi said in a scolding manner as she lit another cigarette, "that wasn't very nice."
"..."
"You should really open up to her, she seem cool." She went over to Naota and draped herself over him, like she always did, and talked into his ear, "You two would make a couple."
"Your breath stinks and I don't want to put my heart on my sleeve again."
"You're not putting your heart on your sleeve, Takkun, you're just letting someone get to know you better than just knowing you don't like sour or spicy stuff."
"Hmph."
-elsewhere-
"AH!!!" a familiar pink-haired spaz stretched out on a towel and basked in the sun of another planet, "Nice to be relaxing, knowing that Takkun is watching my little sis. I just hope nothing happens to her to make her... how did Mamimi put it?.. oh yes, overflow."
-fin-

Iris: Short chapter, huh? I know, I'm trying to write several things at once and you won't believe what kind of STUPID spelling and grammar mistakes I make. *sighs*