Forgotten Realms Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Love Riseing ❯ Dark Love Riseing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dark Love rising.
Written by: The lone Drow, Erin Nightwalker.

Disclaimer: We do not own any of R.A’s characters, however we do own Gwen and Illana and Gwen’s 13 children. And we have first dibs on Drizzt’s booty!!!

Chapter one: Searching for the healer

The city of Glaport, just a week's journey west of 'Tenstowns', was alive with the bustle and sounds of life. Merchants at every section of the street, all with bright colored stands and merchandise from all over the spine of the world, were yelling their prices and asking travelers to stop by and take a look.

Amiss the crowds, two figures staggerd, the first of the two was a Dwarf who looked as if he had seen many a battle and many a better day. His rough-hewn features were more stoic than was normal for even a dwarf. His beard was scruffy and unkempt and there were stains of unknown vintage on his tunic. His clothes, as a matter of fact, looked about ready to stand up and walk away on their own.

"I'd never 'uv thought such a skinny elf's be so cursed heavy!" He grumbled, shifting the body that he had slung over his shoulders. The body gave a short moan and leaned harder on his feet as if he was determined to walk on his own.

"Ya blasted elf!" The dwarf held on tighter to the stubborn body. "Ye think ye be well enough tah walk on your own? Last time we tried tha' ye spewed all over the road!" His angry tirade was cut short by a sweet, cheerfully infectious melody floating through the air.

Oh sing me a song of cheerful times

Of beer and food and wench and wine
Of merry tales cheerful sung

Of great battles justly won

Of lady fair with waist-long hair

And of her sweet and winsome maid!

Dark eyes traveled the street, seeking out the source. His searching gaze was short lived, because only a short way from them sat a creature pale as milk and whose hair shone as fine gold in the light. Several Halfling children sat at her feet and to the side a sat a surly half Drow.

He stared at this anomaly. Who would sing a bar song to a group of children? Especially that one… He knew how THAT one ended. But bards were normally the gossips of a town. She should know where he could find a healer. Making up his mind he and his friend staggerd towards them.

"Lass!" He called, stopping her in mid song. The children eyed him and his green clothed friend with mild interest, but their eyes non-the-less were eerie.

"Yes, my Good dwarf?" She cooed, her voice somber and melancholy, much unlike the song she had just been playing. Her gaze traveled for a moment taking in the elf around his shoulders and the haggard look about him.

"Me friend be sick with a fever o' summat like tha'. Do ye know of a healer from the moonwood? She be an elf like yerself, but taller, with red hair." He looked at her anxiously, not like a dwarf normally looked. She pondered for a moment.

"I may know of such a healer," she said slowly, "but I think a gold coin or three may jog my memory." She smiled at him with a slightly crafty look in her pinkish eyes.

"THREE?!" The king bellowed, making his friend sink lower into the ground.

"Yes, three. If you're not willing even to pay such a petty price, then find another who might know of her. Good luck though," she said coyly, her thin lips pulled into a cocky smirk.

The dwarf grumbled and growled, but soon enough the gold was clasped in her thin hand. The bard's eyes twinkled and she gazed over her sholder at the stall maybe a foot from her.


"Hey, Illana! You got a job!"

A red-headed elf in a green clerical robe stuck her head out of the booth. "Who, what, where, when, why, and how long has she been pregnant?" The elf recited the oft-used phrase.

"No, not that kind. The normal kind," the bard rolled her eyes as the healer disappeared, reappearing next to her.

"Oh!" The cleric blushed and bent to examine the nearly unconscious drow. Her rather scatter-brained manner disappeared as she studied her patient. "What are his symptoms?" She asked the dwarf.

"Vomiting, fever," he listed looking down at his ill friend. The bard wrinkled her nose.

"This is all yours Illana, I can't stand sick people," the elf mutterd standing. In one swift stride, she was gone. The healer ignored her.

"Rathtal, get me some water and a cloth. Dwarf- what is your name anyway?"

"Bruenor ma'am."

"Bruenor, lay him down on the bench. Dhaunesril, bring Spiffy and the cart." The half drow boy ran off towards the edge of the town. She moistened the cloth in the water the Halfling boy had brought and wiped the moaning drow's forehead. A hawk's shriek split the air. Bruenor turned around and came face to face with an albino griffon.

"WHAT IN THE NINE HELLS?!" He yelled, and jumped back a good ways.

"Good girl Spiffy," Illana called as she and a few of the children helped her load the drow into the back of the cart. The bard took shotgun alongside the cleric, whilst the dwarf was forced into the back with the children.

Dhaunesril's sharp green eyes kept a stern gaze on the ill Drow. The other children, however, were a slight bit more friendly toward the two travelers.

"So If yer' being Illana wha' be ure' friends name be?" The dwarf asked gruffly, eyeing the shorter elf.

"Guen. Just Guen," the lighter elf replied, her voice cold, even her body language; put the frozen stone of the Icewind Dale to shame.

"Guen, let's leave this be for now. How about a song? Hmm, maybe the one of the king of Milita?" Illana suddenly chirped.


Guen's rose quartz eyes sank to the ground as her this lips opened.

Hidden gates and weary tails grace the border line.

Deep inside Milita's bowels where people know no time-

Now listen to my words so sweet for I sale tell you a tale.

Of Orcs and monsters that live in Milita's dale.

The race of men and the minors deep.

All the way to where the Halflings sleep.

The Orcs and their armies grew.

And when the Fool's moon raised high.

The attack was on cue!

The race of man and the minors deep.

All the way to where the Halflings sleep.

Now my king raise your sword and take a stand

The Fool's hour is at hand.

Fools indeed paid the price.

And when the battled laid at hand, and when they had cast the dice.

The race of man and the minors deep.

Even where the Halflings sleep.

The blood had seeped into the land.

And when it seemed as if we were all damned.

The true King of Milita drew his sword.

A wanderer he had been, abroad and bored.

Castle life had not been for him.

And he left on a whim.

But his people cries fell not to deaf ears.

And though it had been years.

Noble blood still filled his veins.

And to our aid he came.

Sword held high

He killed all those who passed him by

The race of man and the minors deep.

Even where the Halflings sleep.

There was much joy and acclamation.

But it was not to be....
(Sorry to cut off there, REVIEW!!!!! and then I WILL WRITE MORE!!!MUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH)