Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters ❯ Complacement ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dear Yuki,


It has been a while, after you moving out from the main house and then into Shigure's house. I am surprised that you would move from the main house yet then again it was different for you as I understand than it was for me. You are most likely shocked why I would love the main house so much as it is a comfort zone for me as it is a cage for you. Yuki you see yourself wishing to be in my shoes or Kyo's due to the outcasting yet what you don't see is the potential that you yourself have. You ignore the signs that flash in neon lights as you chase your tail and nail all your good points in the middle of you back so that everyone but you can see it.

I am visiting tomorrow. I can't wait, to see everyone again. I have presents and food to bring. So much more and just to tell you at the moment since I know you are curious I am strong against the illness. I am strong and tough. This disease is only a pest, my herbs are healing me enternally and externally. I have graduated from collage at this age of 19 and I am now a goverment agent yet ignore me I am sure Hatori will tell you more about this. My hand has been continuing to move I have finished everyone's letter and this is the last. Momiji has written back and drew in pictures they are adorable truly wonderful. Little cute doodles. Hatori also told me about Kisa and Hiro the problems with Akito as you know I do not let it go without punishment. Knowing me I am not so cruel. He's sick and I understand it yet he casted me out and we haven't spoken. I wish to visit him soon no matter what he says. I cannot let things become so distant as it has.

Anyway how is school? Living with Shigure? Are things going smoothly? I hope so or then I would have to knock some sense into that gurdian of yours Shigure. I would of course he is quite immature. more or less respondsible when he fells. So mixed up yet that is Shigure for you. Also Ayame told me your relationship with each other has grown widely. I was so happy that you have grown to a bit of an understanding as are you and Kyo amazing and don't even trying to avoid it with reasoning you know it may be try and don't ruin it at least not until I die. How are you with this Tohru, I do hope that she is making you as different as you seem to be. She sounds so wonderful. I hope to meet her. I need to go my hand is cramping and I am a little tired I need to go with my herb treatings.


Forever Yours,

Kagome


I continued to stare at the letter a little longer. My head was beginning to hurt and my heart was overflowing as I smiled a little. I honestly couldn't wait to see her, this source of light in the sky. I looked out the door to the sleeping white world. Hatori and Kagome were these too mildly opposite people yet they were completely the same in every way. Opposites attract after all as they saying goes. Kagome was this gurdian and this lantern for the Sohma family a source of hope and this kind of savoir as it went just like how Tohru is now. Miss Higurashi and Miss Honda. Kagome was the only one who could beat him the only one other then the Master of course. I took a breath then stood up and went to my room. I shut the door behind me and left the letter on my desk opening a drawer.

In that drawer was a grey and purple crane. The crane she had given me. Sitting down I stared at the paper bird in my hand a little longer. I was intrance the whole time, this letter each and every letter she gave me I always took it in thought in perspective. I was living in the main house when she left. I stood spying on her as she bid her regards to Hatori but then she ran. I felt like an empath feeling the pain everyone was going through. A tear fell from my eyes and I turned around and walked away. I first met Kagome when she was young we were in school and she was different. Whenever it came to games she was great yet at the corner of her eyes I could tell she was watching me. Whenever a girl got close to hugging me she was there to pull them away, she had known about the curse somehow yet then I found out her family was close to the Sohma family. I was shocked to find that out.

Yet then as we became actual friends she missed a day of school and that was when I changed and Hatori erased her memory. I didn't see Kagome after. She wasn't there and then she came to the Sohma house she said her family was killed yet she didn't cry. I looked at her shocked as we went inside then before I knew it she was living with us. I saw her more days then others as she had left more, then I found out she was actually a black belt yet she was then a black belt in two fields. I didn't expect it from a woman actually.

She was suddenly there she was the light of this dark family. Her own curses transpired but she shown through gladly. Smiling to herself. I look back now I see I took everything for grantite. I thought it would always be that way everything would always be like this so I didn't treasure it like I was suppose to treasure it. Everything was just so pointless then. I wanted out but she wanted in. Then she went missing one day and I saw her on the roof of the main house standing there looking to the setting sun. I was put into this moment of relazation of the area around me everything I had. I walked toward her she didn't notice, she was spacing out completely staring into the endless world around her. She rose her hands up as a wind came. I slipped and slid down as she turned in shock yet I accidently kicked her off as I fell to the edge yet still remained. I looked down to see her holding to the edge with her body dwindling down the edge. I gasped," Kagome!"

She looked up to me as I grabbed her hand pulling her up. We stabled on the roof as she fell on me but I didn't change. I stared at her then whispered," I'm sorry that could have killed you."

She shook her head at me as if mocking me with laughter but she then spoke," No it wouldn't of, it was an accident anyway. I forgive you."

Somehow those words reassured me all at once and my guilt disappeared in that second. Even though the thought of that sickness she had came in to mind all I could do was smile so I smiled at her as we stood up yet then she left to train for a while. Her joyful spirit left with her but then she came back later on entering with a smile leaving with tears without a word. The next day I saw her come back yet she was packing. Hatori sat me down and explained. I was enraged as I ran to see her. Everything was packed yet she sat there folding cranes. She wasn't crying anymore she was almost docile. I ran to her and jumped into her arms as she took a gasp but then settled. I was calm in her arms as I laid there on her lap as she folded her cranes. I laid my head there on her lap completely content yet giving off a nonchalant feeling. She handed me a crane I took it and held it carefully in my hands holding it to tenderly as if it were crystal. I then fell asleep, when i woke up the room was empty all the cranes that once filled the room gone. I walked away toward the door as I continued to try and find her I saw her standing infront of Hatori. She handed him a crane then turned and ran away tears left in the distance.

I stood there ready to run after her yet a wave of emotions over took me as tears rained down my face I couldn't contain them it was too much. I smiled a little then turned away leaving. Then it was about 1 month later I moved in with Shigure it was no different. A sigh escaped my grasp as I turned to the drawer taking out a photo, it was when we were younger. Usually I detest photos yet this is all I had left. There was a knock at the door as I stood up opening it," Miss Honda?"

" Umm, Hi Yuki. I was worried you seemed a little distant when you got your letter. I was worried."

I smiled to her, she was just like her so concerned with everyone else," I'm fine thank you it's just Kagome has a long history with everyone."

She nodded in a sense of understanding then joyfully told me," dinner is almost ready."

I nodded as she left I shut the door turning to the window to see Kyo outside pointlessly in the snow. I am prepared to insult him yet then I remembered what Kagome said and smiled to myself turning outward to see the snow.


Hatori and Kagome sat in the living room drinking tea as the fire danced across the den. I never expected to visit her after everything that happened, I guess I jusr felt so quickly because of eerything I saw it as if it was my fault. Everything even though Akito was the one who shunned her away. Ignored her pleas and wishes, even though I was just as guilty sitting there without a word. She was sick in need of others around her in the pain staking moment yet we left her out in the cold. My cold. She laid her head over my lap as I sat there in the chair. Her hair sprawled from her over me like an overflowing bath. I looked down to her and caressed her head carefully smiling. This was my moment of complacment nothing mattered yet I knew it wouldn't last like this forever. I shut my eyes placing my hand on her head as the image came she was gone. The figure of her in this moment she was fading and soon after her I began to fade. To once have this complete moment of love and have it taken away once was enough but twice was death in everyway ever known. A melancoly feeling brushed against me as I moved my hand back. She whispered eyes closed," Hatori your letter is in the mailbox you can take it with you now. The other letters for everyone else is already sent. I can't wait to see you tomorrow."

I nodded she knew me to well. She knew everything about me which drove me to the limits exactly. If she was to be gone it would push me off this already shaky bridge I am on. So close to end of it yet it still shakes under my frim grasp. She moved herself off me as I stood up. She walked me to the door as I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door. She stopped me and gave me a hug. I stopped there then smiled tenderly holding her in reassurence as I then stopped turning and leaving into the white abyss. She stood there until I was completely gone then she shut the door turning to leave. I looked down to the letter in my hand with her trademark seal and stopped turning back to her for a second.


Kagome looked down to the shards on the table and whispered to herself," I spread these shards of the Shikon no tama to the people that mean the most to me as I left it to Inuyasha, Sango, Shippo, and Miroku."

I left just like that when it occured I moved to these adopted family in the shrine and I ended up falling into more things. These problems I come into make me stronger yet then they hurt more when it comes to an end. Then this family that came to love me left to another place and I was left in this took me only a year and I was done with it all. School was done, money for a job came in, the shard huntings, even though as diffucult as that was I was driven to this point of comfort as I waved good-bye to them, my friends. I cried just like before as Inuyasha disappeared into the world of the dead and Sango and Miroku came to the world of love. Shippo and Kilala finding their own paths among the paved road. All the possibilties, and I was given the jewel as a present so I spread it to all those I love among the Sohma family until the day I die which would come faster then average timing. My friends from Feudal Era were blind to this illness they saw it as a comman cold no problem I hid it very well, I didn't want them to know. I would actually not want to know if I did have it. Then I could live life without a handicapp.


Fin hope you like it sorry if it's confusing or writing issues.
Converting /tmp/php23VYLT to /dev/stdout