Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Letters ❯ Koushi Sakura ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dear Kagome,
 
 
Yes it's me! Your forever loveable friend Ayame! Of course you know my shop is so wonderful! People of all shapes and sizes coming through the doors with greetings and cheers. Oh so I hear you and Har'i are wonderful! Working together against the forces of evil. Maybe I do read into things and my sense of safety is wondrous even though as you heard Yuki begged to go to my shop and he loved it dearly! Yes he was pleading to be like me. Going out for class president! Following in my glorious shoes. Hahaha! Even though on a more serious tone how are you doing? Your leukemia is it wearing thin. If we are lucky maybe just maybe your sickness will vanish and you can come to live with me again. I can't wait until that day! It is truly a day to wait for. I know in my heart it shall come! Just wait! It is much like the realization that Yuki and I shall one-day work together in peace and harmony! Our brotherly love shall grow to imaginable heights. On the second thought that seems vaguely scary.
 
Anyway I cannot wait to see you as I am writing this before I leave since I just got your letter and I can write as fast as the wind! Or at least the still wind. Anyway! Being fashionably late doesn't seem so bad at all. Unless I am an hour late, that would be bad yet even though you can count on me to be there to once again see you my lovely princess. It is much like the painful dramatic story of Sakura. Do you not remember it? The story I told you that night? The story, Koushi Sakura (Beloved Cherry Blossoms)? I hope you still have that bound book with that story in it and all of the pictures we shared together.
 
 
Love,
 
Ayame
 
Tata for now!
 
 
I sighed with a content smile running out the door slipping the letter into my pocket and heading out to the waiting taxi and directing him with a beaming smile. I couldn't wait to see my dear Kagome again. We met through Hatori. I wasn't one to roam the main house streets to search for new members of this family clan. I instead spent as much time outside than inside to school and such yet then Har'I was seen walking with her down the paved streets with such a docile face I would have believed that he was impersonated. So then I ran up to meet her and bother Hatori with my annoying badgering and cutting in. She was sweet a real gentle girl yet then as I spoke on Hatori dragged her away yet she waved a goodbye and then I saw her at school.
 
Our relationship grew when I found out about her illness. Then I knew why Hatori watched over her like a hawk. When she was in gym class he has requested the chair next to the window to keep an eye on her just incase. So I tagged along behind him. Every time he turned to see her she waved at us and I waved back as Hatori's face became gentle and he sent a smile short smile turning back to his book. It went on she was healthy and then one day I saw her arguing with him. He was yelling equally loud. I stood against the door unknown to them when I heard Hatori say,” Kagome why won't you make a wish upon that jewel if it has so much power. Heal yourself! Stop this leukemia before it's to late!”
 
She responded screaming to the brink of tears,” I won't abuse it's power for myself! I won't heal myself with the power I promised to protect and keep safe and clear. I won't keep it so I can abuse it for my own needs. I would be darkening it.”
 
“ Kagome! You were to have if because you were pure. It owes you! Save yourself!”
 
Everything became quiet then as I looked away. This jewel, An amulet was it? I didn't understand it at all yet then I heard them walking toward the door as I turned away leaving down the hall. The next day as we watched Kagome from the window we saw her collapse. My eyes widened as she stayed down. Hatori jumped up as the teacher exclaimed,” Mr. Sohma sit down!”
 
I stood up with him as he ran out of the door. I followed the teacher almost bursted when we left. Hatori was almost gone by now as I ran after him seeing him run out the door to Kagome. Everyone crowded around her as he pushed through. Next thing I knew we were at the hospital and she was lying in the hospital bed so helpless. I sat there when Shigure came through the door. I explained everything to him as he walked through the door lying a hand on Hatori's shoulder speaking calmly,” She'll be fine.”
 
He gripped onto her hand for dear life as I saw Hatori threatening to cry yet held it back. Kagome slept there, I was curious why the leukemia would take effect now. After all this time it suddenly came to action. Maybe it was that argument with Hatori. Her sudden jolts of emotion bringing out side effects. I sighed I didn't want to share my ideas thinking it could hurt Hatori worse then it has now. So we ended up spending the night. Yuki came in and so did others with get well presents yet left knowing Hatori's relationship with her. Even Akito came, that was when he noticed Akito's pain. He went out with Shigure and I he was crying as he spoke,” Kagome cannot continue to live with us if this is to continue. It is…in her best interest. Yet until she recovers from this, she'll have to leave.”
 
Without he left and Hatori was sleeping on the couch beside the bed. I smiled to him then sat down next to Kagome. I took her hand and spoke,” You gave us quite a scare in that moment you know Kagome. Even though to remind you I'll tell you now. That life in the Sohma home isn't as great as it seems to be. Don't get to attach, just like life Kagome. Cherish it, live it happily, be happy and joyful. Repay lives with everything yet even though don't get too attached. Life may play out like a game on days yet then again it isn't always is it? Kagome have you ever heard the story of Koushi Sakura? It's about a girl who spent her life devoted to everyone else because she loved her life placement so much, Yet then one day she did something for her friend yet she didn't complete the task because she died from a fever. She had been fighting that fever but it rose to high just because she thought that she didn't deserve anyone else's help. Kagome you do things for everyone else and don't ask for anything in return. Life should treat you yet you don't let it and it cuts you off. Life, the world, Karma, owes you.”
 
Her eyes fluttered open then as she turned to me with a small smile,” No way Ayame.”
 
I was ready to cry yet then I stopped my serious tone and smiled,” Har'I she's awake! Oh Kagome I knew you would. They doubted me yet of course my ingenious mind and personality sure showed them!”
 
I laughed at my own truth/fictional words. Shigure then walked in with a relieved smile, “ Kagome I'm glad you're awake feeling better?”
 
She nodded sitting up as we turned to Hatori. She smiled so kindly then got out of the bed walking over and kissing him on the forehead turning to us as Shigure laid out the food he got from the vending machine. So we ate.
 
I smiled looking back to that then got out of the car paying the driver then saw the decorated park smiling, “ Kagome really has out done herself this time!”
 
I walked down when I saw Kagome standing there with Hatori behind her like a hawk as always I yelled out,” Just like old times huh Kagome?”
 
She turned to me almost ready to burst then ran toward me and hugged me tightly. I didn't change it was definitely like old times. I hugged her and twirled her around. I missed her so much,” Kagome! I've missed you and look at you! Are you looking for someone special because you know my outfits work better!”
 
She laughed at me and said,” I'm an independent girl Aya.”
 
Waving it off I nodded,” Of course of course.”
 
Hatori walked over,” Aya.”
 
I smiled as I immediately began to bother him. Kagome was amused too. I knew she liked it whenever Hatori got annoyed he always made the funniest face. I then stopped remembering the letter and handing it to her,” Here you go Kagome!”
 
She took it happily and ran to the table to put it with her things when I saw Haru talking to her. He did have a sense of affection for her but then again so did everyone else. I turned to see a car coming around and Shigure coming out with everyone. Kagome turned around with a bright smile running toward them.
 
 
Fin~ for the moment and also this is dedicated to Kage Otome for her wonderful kind reviews, And also many reviews. Thank you so much this is all for you! You rock so hard! Hey can't ever have too much praise you know what I'm saying