Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Crossover Curse ❯ Destroyed Dojo, Time To Move!! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own neither Fruits Basket or Ranma ½. I'm just using the characters from these stories to come up with a little crazy thing of my own.

Author's Notes: Hi! Hope you like this story. We both love both shows and thought that they had enough similarities to make this work out. But please understand that this is a bit hard for two minds to do. So we'll try our best to make this fic as fun as the two shows. ^_^

The Crossover Of The Curses

By: Jade Daniels and Dragonstar13

"I'll get you Saotome!!"

This was a phrase heard on a regular basis around the Tendo house. Unfortunately for Soun Tendo, this was another typical day in his household. He watched in dismay as first Ranma Saotome rushed passed him, soon followed by Ryoga Hibiki. These two were followed by Tatewaki Kuno, who was swinging his kendo stick at whatever was in his way.

"Damn you! Come back here!" yelled Ryoga, brandishing his umbrella in his right hand. With his left, he shot out a set of razor sharp bandannas.

"Ranma!" cried Tendo, water streaming from his eyes. He looked over at his friend Genma Saotome, who was currently in his panda form. "Saotome, can't you do anything?"

The panda pulled out a sign from behind his back. 'That son of mine, he never listens.'

"Saotome!" Kuno yelled, his kendo stick meeting with one of the paper walls. "You shall pay for your words against Akane Tendo!"

"My house!" Tendo cried watching as the paper wall came down.

"Hey! People, people! Some of us are trying to do some work here!" Nabiki called out, poking her head out of her room. She watched as the three guys leaped outside.

"Oh my." Kasumi looked at her little sister as they went to watch the fight outside. "Ranma and the others are making a big mess. What should we do Akane?"

"I'll tell you what I'm going to do! I'm going to kill Ranma for starting this whole mess!" Akane pulled out a mallet from behind her back and chased after the boys.

"You no hurt Ranma!" a voice scolded her, stopping Akane in her tracks. She turned around to see Shampoo and Ukyou standing at the gate.

"If anyone is going to catch Ranma honey its going to be me." Ukyou said proudly, holding out her giant spatula.

"No!" Shampoo shoved Ukyou aside. "Shampoo have Ranma first!"

"Ohohohoho." a cackling voice laughed. A flurry of black rose petals appeared. Everyone looked up to see Kodaichi Kuno flying through the air, her gymnastic ribbon trailing along behind her. "Ranma darling! So nice of you to get him for me brother!"

"Not a chance!" Ukyou and Shampoo both jumped up in the air and catching up to the guys.

"Wait my love!" A Chinese boy with glasses called out. Mousse jumped after his love.

"Good grief," Nabiki said with an annoyed look. "Is there anyone else who's going to drop by?"

Her words were lost as the crowd flew past her. As the increasing horde closed in on Ranma, he leapt onto the top of the house. He looked down at each of them, ready to laugh. He smirked at the thought of taking on everyone. It would be a challenge that he would enjoy. I can take them all on at once, blindfolded. "You're going to have to do better than that!" he shouted at them.

They all glared at him, and as one, they all jumped into the air. Ryoga fired an energy blast down on Ranma. Kuno followed that up with an air rip from his kendo stick. Shampoo threw her weapons at him, while Ukyou did the same. Everything up Mousse's sleeves came down on Ranma, and Kodaichi tossed her ribbons and black roses. Ranma was about ready to leap away, when he saw Akane pull herself up onto the roof.

"Akane, look out!" he shouted.

"Ranma?" Akane gave him a confused look. As she looked up, she saw the rain of weapons coming down upon them.

Quicker than anyone would have thought possible, Ranma leaped over to Akane, picked her up and carried her off into the air. The weapons crashed into the Tendo house, starting a chain reaction, from the roof all the way to the ground. Everyone watched in dismay as the house collapsed to the ground. Suddenly, Akane screamed. Ranma tore his view away from the destroyed house, only to find that a pond filled with cold water awaited him on the ground.

"Oh crap!" he shouted, as he and Akane landed with a huge splash into the water.

As the red-headed Ranma-chan poked her head out, Tendo began shouting at her. "Ranma! Now what are we going to do? We don't have a home now!"

"Well if it wasn't for those idiots firing their weapons at me, this never would have happened!" Ranma-chan shouted, trying to defend herself.

"You're the one who started this whole mess!" Akane retorted as she and Ranma-chan stepped out of the pond.

The argument would probably have gone on longer, if Kuno hadn't suddenly popped up between the two girls. "Excuse me, but I couldn't help but overhear that my beloveds are now without a home." He embraced the both of them.

"Go away Kuno." Ranma-chan frowned, trying to disengage herself from Kuno's embrace.

Kuno squeezed them harder, his eyes closed in a dream-like state. "Akane, Pig tailed girl, I'll be kind enough to allow you to stay at my summer home in Kyoto until your house is fixed."

Before either Akane or Ranma-chan could say anything, Nabiki said, "Really? We get to go to Kyoto?"

"Oh my. I would love to go to Kyoto." Kasumi smiled, clasping her hands together.

"Well I'll be. Kyoto, sounds great." Tendo grinned, no longer producing the death glare on Ranma-chan.

The panda that was Genma held up a sign: 'A good place for a vacation.'

"Shampoo go with Ranma too then!" Shampoo said with a cheerful voice.

"If Shampoo is going. I'm going too." Mousse announced, although he was talking to a tree.

"If Ranma honey is going, then I'm going too." Ukyou said pointing to herself.

"My score with Ranma isn't finished yet. So I'm coming along." Ryoga said glaring at Ranma-chan.

"You sure you won't get lost?" Ranma-chan asked dryly, earning herself another glare from Ryoga.

"Well if son-in-law and Shampoo are going, then I might as well. Well you be going as well Happosai?" Cologne asked the person next to her. Sometime during the battle the two shriveled dwarfs had made an appearance.

"Of course." Happosai said with folded arms and nodding his head. "If my favorite dearies are going then I should go too. Besides I'm getting tired of the same underwear here. Maybe Kyoto will have something better." the old man grinned lecherously.

"I didn't invite any of you." Kuno frowned. But it was too late, nobody heard him as they all began making plans for the trip to Kyoto.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"A martial arts tournament? You expect me to enter this baka neko?" Yuki Souma looked at the poster in front of him with cool disinterest.

His cousin, Kyou Souma, smirked at him. "What? You too afraid?"

"Hmph, I just don't want to waste my time in a fight with you." Yuki rested his head on his hand. There was a bored look on his face. "You're not much of a challenge so there's no point."

"What! You damned mouse!!" Kyou shouted and raised his clenching fist.

"Ohhh! A martial arts tournament!" Their cousin, Shigure Souma popped up from behind Kyou and snatched up the advertisement, "My, it looks like fun. Are you going Kyou-san?"

"Yeah, of course I am. But this coward isn't." Kyou snorted, jerking his thumb at Yuki. The grey haired looked away from the hot-headed man, unwilling to continue the conversation.

The door opened, catching everyone's attention. A young brunette walked in, a blank expression on her face. She didn't seem to notice any of them as she walked past.

"Welcome home Honda-san," Yuki said, straightening up.

Tohru Honda blinked as she looked at him. "Oh, good evening Yuki-san." She looked at everyone. "I'm sorry that I'm late. I'm sure that you all must be very hungry. I'll go make dinner now." With that, she walked into the kitchen, closing the door behind her.

The three men looked at each other, all having noticed how tired the girl had looked. Yuki knew that Tohru had been working overtime lately. School was going to start again soon and Tohru would need the money for the tuition. It made him feel guilty that she was working not only at her job, but also doing her chores at the house.

"Poor Honda-san," Yuki said with a frown, "She works so hard, trying to balance school, a job and the housework. There should be something we could do to help her."

"How about signing up for the tournament then?" Shigure asked with a grin. "If you win the prize money, then you could help with the tuition."

Yuki considered the idea. He had been thinking that maybe he could have helped with the housework, but he knew that he wasn't good at that kind of thing anyway. He was better at martial arts and it would be a better way for him to help her out. He looked at Shigure and nodded, showing his consent. "I'll sign up."

Everyone ignored the way one corner of the house was suddenly lit up by an excited black aura. Kyou stood there, trembling in happiness at the thought of being able to defeat Yuki in a competition. A public competition.....

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Man, this is the life!" Ranma stretched out his arms as leaned back against the frame of a paper door. He, and the others were all relaxing in the home that Kuno had provided. It was an older style Japanese house, with large, expansive grounds that had even impressed Nabiki. Ranma spotted Akane training outside. She never relaxes. Stupid tomboy.

Suddenly, the door slid open and Shampoo popped her head outside. As soon as she spotted Ranma, she ran up to him. "Nihao!" The purple-haired girl waved something in her hand excitedly. "Ranma! Ranma! Look! Marital arts tournament this week, you go?"

Ranma took a look at the poster with curious eyes. The martial arts tournament was for all people, no matter the age or gender. Any type style was welcomed. There was even a sizable cash prize. Ranma smiled. "Heh, why not? I could use the exercise. Besides, it's gonna be easy money."

Having heard this, Ryoga ran in front of Ranma. "You are not going to get away with your insults that easily Ranma! I, Ryoga Hibiki will see that I defeat you in the tournament."

Ranma smirked at the thought of Ryoga beating him. The pig-boy had tried to do so on a daily basis, and still hadn't been able to accomplish that! What made Ryoga think that fighting at a tournament would be any different? "I look forward to it."

Suddenly, another voice spoke up. "I, Tatewaki Kuno will enter the tournament as well, to defeat Ranma Saotome!"

Ranma sighed, wondering if anyone else was going to join up. "Whatever Kuno." He could defeat the "Blue Thunder" with one hand tied behind his back!

Mousse had begun thinking about the tournament as well. If I defeat Ranma, Shampoo will love me!! He jumped up to his feet. "I will defeat you Ranma, and claim Shampoo for myself!"

"Hmph. Shampoo only interested in Ranma." Shampoo snorted.

Before Ranma, or anyone else could say anything more, Akane spoke up. Her blue aura flaring, she threw her bandana onto the ground. She shook her head as she looked at Ranma, "Dolt." Without another glance, she marched towards the door.

"Hey Akane! Where do you think you're going?" Ranma asked, watching as she marched past him.

"Out! And don't you dare follow me!" Akane yelled.

"Feh. Like I follow a macho girl like you." Ranma replied, a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

Her aura now at peak level, Akane picked up one of the dumbbells that had been on the floor. Ranma didn't have time to react as it flew at his face. Satisfied, Akane stormed off to her room. While Ranma was twitching on the floor, Ryoga glared at him for making Akane angry, again.

But it was Genma who had the final word. "Ranma, you have much to learn about women."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"I can't believe him! What a jerk!" Akane kept muttering to herself as she walked through town. She was trying to clear her mind of the stress that was Ranma. All that jerk ever cared about was martial arts. He never considered her feelings.... And then there was Shampoo, hanging all over him like that. Akane shook her head, letting out a long sigh. I shouldn't let that idiot get to me! Why should I care what he does?

Akane was so distracted that she bumped into someone. Her mood tainted by Ranma, she yelled, "Hey, watch where you're going why don't ya!!"

"Oh, I'm sorry!" exclaimed a trembling voice. Akane's rage-filled vision cleared so that she saw exactly who she had bumped into. To her surprise, it was a girl around her age. She was a pretty brunette, with large eyes and a mouth that looked like it smiled a lot. The girl blushed under Akane's scrutiny and bent down to pick up the items she had dropped. "I'm really sorry!" the girl said, while continuing to pick up her things. She looked up at Akane. "Are you alright?"

Now it was Akane's turn to blush. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry I yelled at you." She bent down and began to pick up some of the things. "Here, let me help you." Akane saw that most of what had been dropped looked like groceries, "Oh, you just finished shopping?"

The girl nodded. "Yes. I'm preparing lunch for some friends." She looked at Akane closely. "Do, you live around here? I've never seen you in school before."

"Oh, actually, I'm staying at a friend's house right now," Akane replied. Well, Kuno is a friend to lend his house to us.... "My family's house got wrecked and so we're staying in Kyoto for a little while, until the repairs are done." She handed the girl her things, "I'm Akane Tendo by the way."

"My name is Tohru Honda," the girl answered with a smile. "Pleased to meet you!" Suddenly, one of the bags tipped, threatening to spill its contents once again. Akane hurriedly helped Tohru to balance them.

"How about I carry one of these for you?" Akane asked, already taking one of the bags from Tohru. "You seem to have a lot of stuff."

"Really? No, but you shouldn't...." Tohru protested, her cheeks becoming red.

Akane giggled, "It's okay, really. Besides, I can't leave a friend in trouble."

Tohru smiled and the two young women started to walk together. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors, especially with the sun shining down from the perfectly blue sky. It scattered through the trees as the girls walked through the forest towards the Souma house. The two girls chatted as they walked. Akane found herself telling Tohru many things about herself.

"So, you're from Narima?" Tohru asked.

"Yeah," Akane laughed. "I grew up there with my family. It's been a while since we left our home."

"Um, so what did happen to your house?" Tohru asked. At the question, Akane turned to stone. Tohru panicked. "Ah! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked that....."

Akane shook her head, "No, it's okay..." She took a deep breath. "It was all the fault of a stupid jerk!" As she thought about that jerk, Akane became angrier. "He is so inconsiderate! That Ranma, the stupid fool! He breaks everything, brings strange people into the house. They're always demanding fights, or trying to marry him.... Honestly!!"

"Oh, I see," Tohru chuckled nervously, "I'm sorry I asked."

"Oh! I'm sorry." Akane blushed.

"It's alright," Tohru smiled, "I understand. My life is full of interesting things too."

Akane looked at the girl strangely. If only she knew just how 'interesting' my life can be! "Yeah, I guess. We should hurry, if your friends are expecting you soon."

"Yes," Tohru replied, and they both continued on to the Souma house.

Up in the treetops nearby, a little old man was watching the two young women. "Oh, my favorite deary has a lovely new friend!" Happosai chuckled to himself. "And since Ranma isn't around...." The amazingly spry martial arts master leaped into a tree that was directly above the girls' path. Grinning, he jumped down from the branch, yelling, "Pretty lady!!"

"AHHHH!!" both the girls screamed. Instinctively, Akane kicked the old man, sending him flying into a conveniently nearby tree.

"Wh..what was that?" Tohru asked in a trembling voice.

Akane couldn't answer as she saw that Happosai was already recovering from her blow. "That creepy old man! He wouldn't!" Akane dropped her bag when Happosai started to gather his energy.

"Haha. What do you have there deary? How about a souvenir?" Haipposai laughed, looking from Akane to Tohru. Frightened, Tohru began to back away from the old man. Still laughing, Happosai charged at her, directly aiming at her chest. Tohru screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Oh no you don't!" Akane yelled, ready to interpose herself between Tohru and the old pervert. Happosai launched himself into the air. Akane swung her foot high into the air, sending Happosai into orbit. As she watched the old pervert become a speck in the sky, a boy with orange air came out of nowhere in front of her. Before she knew what was happening, his fist came straight at her. Akane quickly jumped out of the way, easily dodging his punch.

"What did you do to Tohru?" he demanded coldly.

Akane blinked in confusion. "Hey buddy, I didn't do anything!"

"Shut up, I bet you're one of those girls who pick on Tohru!" the boy shouted, obviously not listening to her.

"No, wait!! Kyou!!" Tohru cried out, running towards them.

Kyou leapt towards Akane. He was about to hit her, when a boy dressed in funny clothing jumped in between them. With a roar, he kicked Kyou in the side. "Get away from Akane you jerk!"

"Ryoga!" Akane cried out.

Kyou felt his cheek where the kick had landed. He smirked at the strange looking boy. "Heh, if you want a fight, then I'll gladly fight with you!"

"Bring it on. Breaking point!!" Ryoga cried out. His fingers touched the ground, cracking it wide open. The large crack made its way towards Tohru. As it came closer, Tohru screamed, too scared to move. But before she could fall in, she was pulled away by someone. She looked up to see a grey-haired boy.

"Yuki-san!" Tohru blushed. "Thank you!"

"Are you alright Honda-san?" he asked, letting go of her wrist. She nodded, bobbing her head up and down. He turned towards the fight. "Let me take care of this Honda-san." Yuki ran towards the fight, immediately throwing punches at Ryoga.

Kyou glared at Yuki. "Get lost! This is my fight!"

"Heh. Two against one. I'll protect Akane no matter what!!" Ryoga cried out, dashing towards the two Soumas. As the weird-looking boy charged at them, Kyou and Yuki leaped at him. Kyou missed Ryoga., but Yuki and Ryoga both managed to land blows on each other. They both landed on the ground, but Ryoga was quickly on his feet again. He gathered up his energy and shot out an energy blast at Kyou and Yuki. They dodge the blast, but the beam continued on, aiming straight at Akane!

"Akane!!" Ryoga yelled.

Akane screamed as she saw the bright blast coming towards her. But before it hit her, she felt someone pick her up, carrying her away from danger. She opened her eyes to see that Ranma had saved her. "Ranma!"

The pig-tailed boy glared at Ryoga. "You idiot! You could have hit Akane!!'

"Be quiet Ranma!" Ryoga shouted back.

Kyou came back and threw his right fist at Ryoga. Then his left, and finally did a roundhouse kick. Ryoga took the first hit, and dodged the second one. But, Kyou managed to land the last kick. Just as he did though, Ryoga grabbed his leg and threw him against a tree.

"That idiot," growled Ranma, "I'm going in too." He put down Akane, and ran to the fight.

"Ranma, wait!" Akane cried out.

Ignoring Akane, Ranma jumped into the air and started to fight with Yuki. Ranma tried jump kicking Yuki, but the grey haired boy easily dodged it. Ranma continued throwing punches at him, but Yuki kept dodging every move. "Heh, not bad," Ranma said. Suddenly, he jumped behind Yuki, delivering a solid back kick to the face.

"You're not bad either," Yuki acknowledged, wiping the blood from his face.

The four boys kept fighting, unaware of the fact that their fight had taken them precariously close to the river near the Souma house. Suddenly, all four of them leaped high into the air, soaring pass the tree tops. Both Ranma and Ryoga screamed in dismay when they saw where they were about to land. With a huge splash, the four boys landed in the river. Immediately, Ranma and Ryoga changed into their other forms. Unfortunately for Yuki and Kyou, they happened to land on Ranma-chan's very female form.

"Ranma! Ryoga!!" Akane cried.

"Yuki-kun! Kyou-kun!" Tohru yelled out, as she saw an all too familiar cat and mouse swimming in the water. The mouse looked like it was having trouble treading the water. Tohru quickly went into the river, scooping Yuki, then Kyou up. Without looking back, she ran off towards the Souma house. "Ah! I'll get you two home soon!" she cried.

Akane herself went into the river as Ranma-chan popped her head out of the water. "Ranma!" Akane cried happily, running towards the soaking girl with relief in her eyes. But when she didn't see anyone else, Akane wondered where Ryoga was. She was soon distracted though when she found her favorite black pig coming out of the river.

"P-chan!" she said excitedly. Akane picked the pig up into her arms and hugged it. "Oh P-chan! You came to visit me, didn't you?" She continued to coo to the blushing pig.

"Hey! I'm okay too you know," Ranma-chan pointed out with a frown.

Ignoring the comment, Akane pointed to the grocery bags that had been left on the ground. "Hey Ranma, look! Tohru must have forgotten her stuff. We better return to them to her."

"What? Did you forget what that girl and her friends tried to do to you?" demanded Ranma-chan.

"It's alright," Akane waved her off, "It was a misunderstanding. You guys just brought the whole thing out of proportion! Tohru lives in the house up ahead." She bent down to pick up a few of the bags. "Could you help me with these Ranma?" Akane asked, looking back at the other girl.

Ranma-chan sighed. "Alright, alright."

Akane smiled, "Thanks Ranma."

With that, the two girls left with their burden towards the Sohma house, not knowing what was in store for them.