Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Brother's Bond ❯ The Past Then The Present ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]
M.S.: I got bored. The anime doesn’t focus much on Yuki and Ayame’s past. What if Ayame hadn’t pushed Yuki away, how would Yuki be when he’s sixteen? I like it when Yuki and Ayame act like actual brothers, not that they don’t. it might be somewhat short, gomen ne. Yuki and Ayame may be OOC.
Yuki: You definitely got bored, M.S.. Not to be rude, or anything.
Ayame: I think it’s a wonderful idea she received when she was bored!
Yuki: Anything you like, you think is wonderful.
Ayame: I know.
M.S.: On with the One-Shot!
------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Discla imer: I do not own Fruits Basket, but I do own the plot and One-Shot.
------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Ages:< br> Yuki - 6 to 8
Ayame - 16 to 18
-------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------
Key:
#bla h# - Scene/Time Change
“blah” - Talking
‘blah’ - Thinking (maybe, I’m not sure there will be readable thought)
-------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
Prol ogue/Epilogue: The Past And Then Present
--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------
Authores s’ POV
------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------
It was a slightly chilly day, but not as cold as to make sixteen-to-eighteen-year-old Ayame transform. He was wearing green, it slightly went with his golden eyes. It was around autumn in the Main Sohma Estate. The brightly colored leaves fell as Ayame walked to the main gate. He heard walking behind him, causing him to turn around to his right.
-
His younger brother by ten years, Yuki, was walking towards him. His left hand was outstretched towards Ayame. Ayame had a confused face, as he saw his brother’s eyes. They looked so frightened, so fearful, yet seeking comfort from him. Yuki’s small hand grasped the green material of Ayame’s uniform’s right arm in his quivering hand.
-
Ayame really needed to get to where he was going, or he was going to be late. He thought about pushing Yuki away and continue on his way, but something stopped him. It was the look in Yuki’s eyes. His twin violet pools held so much fear that Ayame thought he was gong to grow up fearing everything. Yet, Yuki also had hope in his eyes that Ayame would make his fears go away.
-
Ayame put his larger hand over Yuki’s, while crouching down and turning to face Yuki. The hope in Yuki’s eyes grew. Ayame was surprised, to say the least, when Yuki hugged him and refuse to let go. That was when Ayame knew how much Yuki was quivering hand. He was shaken worse that a leaf in a hurricane.
-
“Is everything all right Yuki? Is something the matter?” questioned a worried Ayame. He was the older brother after all. Yuki shook his head from where it was buried in Ayame’s chest, under his neck somewhat. Ayame gently wrapped his arms around his shaken, younger brother and hugged him. Yuki slowly stopped shaking after five to ten minutes.
-
Helping Yuki was worth being late was what Ayame thought as he picked Yuki up in his arms. Walking over to the porch, Ayame set Yuki down, while sitting next to Yuki. Yuki, still, refused to release Ayame from his grip. Ayame figured Yuki need comfort from his older brother, so he gave it to him. After another five to ten minutes, the fear that invaded itself into Yuki’s eyes, faded.
-
“I have to leave now, but I’ll be back. I promise you, Yuki. I might even bring you back something later today.” remarked Ayame. He watched as the fear came back to Yuki’s eyes, only to be replaced by trust, then curiosity. How easy it was to read Yuki’s emotions. He gently pried Yuki’s hands off his clothes and put them in Yuki’s lap. He understood that Ayame had to leave looked as if he was going to sit there until he came back.
-
Ayame got up from his position on the porch and gently ruffled Yuki’s hair. Yuki made a face of mock anger, but smiled nonetheless as he put his hair back the way it was. Ayame softly chuckled at Yuki’s antics. He started walking, only to turn back and wave to Yuki, before continuing on his way. Yuki waved, he didn’t mind if Ayame saw or not, as long as he knew his older brother promised to return sometime later today.
-
Yuki got up from his position, but still on the porch. He took off his shoes and set them near the stairs that you took to get onto the porch it was risen that high. He looked off in the direction that his older brother left in. Yuki figured it would be better to wait inside than outside. Better to be safe than to be sorry, as in sick.
------
--
#Seven Hours Later#
--
Yuki checked outside for any signs of his brother for god-knows how many times. He was about to retreat back inside, when he caught sight of his older brother. Yuki grinned so bright, Ayame was positive he could see it shining from where he was. Yuki hurried down the stairs leading off the porch and put his shoes on hastily. He, then, ran over to his brother; meeting him half way between the gate and Main Sohma Estate.
-
Ayame was carrying a brown paper bag. A curiosity grew in Yuki’s violet eyes as he saw the paper bag. Ayame held up his index finger, as to tell Yuki to hold on a moment, then the two of them started towards the porch of the Main Sohma Estate. When the two brothers reached the porch, Yuki was all but jumping up and down to see what was in the brown paper bag. Ayame smiled at Yuki’s antics, he was truly a young child.
-
Ayame gave Yuki the paper bag and watched as Yuki’s eyes grew wide with surprise. He looked in the bag and found a book that he would read in his spare time, some candy; ones that Yuki loved; and a drawing book so Yuki could doodle if he didn’t want to read. Ayame really didn’t know what to get Yuki, but was happy that Yuki was happy at his gifts. Yuki smiled up at Ayame, with such happiness he could muster. Ayame smiled gently, placing his hand on Yuki’s head.
-
“The candy is for after dinner. We don’t need you spoiling your appetite now do we?” questioned Ayame playfully. Yuki nodded and hugged the bag to him, after he hugged Ayame’s legs. Ayame led Yuki inside, so dinner could be prepared by their parents. Yuki kept the bag by him as dinner was being prepared. Ayame was combing his hair, while admiring himself in the mirror.
-
Dinner was quiet, but Yuki kept by Ayame’s side. He felt content in his older brother’s presence, and to be cared by his older brother. Ayame didn’t mind, it made him happy that his younger brother wanted to follow in his foot steps. Their parents were happy their boys were getting along. Yuki wanted to remain at his brother side forever, or as much as he could.
------
--
#Ten Years Later#
--
Yuki sighed, sure Miss Honda was nice; but it would be more interesting if his older brother was here. Ayame always could lighten up the mood. That was when he heard something.
“Yuki? Brother are you here?” came the older voice of his brother. A bright smile lit up Yuki’s face.
-
Yuki tried to go down the stairs as quietly as he could, but his brother either had good guessing skills or he heard Yuki. Ayame grabbed his hand and brought him to the dinner table where Tohru was just serving dinner, before she went to her part-time job. Dinner was quiet if you don’t count the insults to Kyo from Yuki, or to Yuki from Kyo. Shigure just sighed happily, then complimented Tohru on her cooking. Kyo hesitantly, agreed as well.
-
Dinner was over quickly and Yuki stayed by Ayame’s side. Ayame had no qualms about it. This was how it was supposed to be. Yuki taking after him. Ayame leading Yuki to what he believed was right.
---------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------
M.S.: How go you people like it? This was on my mind for a while and I just had to write it for readers/reviewers.
Yuki: Even if this didn’t happen, it sounds as if it could have happened.
Ayame: So you wish to follow in my foot steps little brother?
Yuki: If this happened, then yes; but it didn’t, but then again, the gap between us could be crossed.
Ayame: -Hugs Yuki Who Is Speechless- I’m so happy! We still may have chance little brother!
M.S.: Uh…R&R.