Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Caged Heart ❯ Plans Can Go Wrong ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note:
 
Fruits Basket is as much mine as it is yours, and with that being said, here is what some may call a short chapter.
 
Too bad.
 
Plans Can Go Wrong:
 
“In that case, I hope nobody minds if I head upstairs. I have a headache. Excuse me.” Placing the ice pack on his head instead of his swollen eye, Yuki trudged upstairs slowly enough to prevent it falling off.
 
Once he was gone, Momiji grinned brightly. Now there was no one to stop him.
 
“Hahaha!!! Kyo's got the hots!!!!! Kyo's got the hots!!!! Did you see that look on his face??? Kyo's got the hots!!!!”
 
Tohru blushed slightly and looked away, hoping that no one noticed.
 
“Be quiet Momiji. We're going now.” Hatori stood up. “Make sure that Yuki gets enough rest today. He may feel better later, but he's still reasonably weak. Kyo was supposed to stay in bed too, but I guess some things can't be controlled.”
 
Shigure nodded.
 
“Take care, Ha'ri.”
 
“Bye!!! Bye Tohru!!!” Momiji waved, skipping ahead of Hatori. Tohru waved back.
 
“And I've got some training to do, so I'll see you guys around.” Haru brushed some dust off his clothes and stepped over a pile of wood. Just about to leave the house properly, he paused for a second, smiling slightly. “Nice view though, don't you think?”
 
Shigure sniffled slightly. He found it hard to joke about things like that.
 
“Bye!!! See ya!!!” Tohru waved as the figures faded into the distance.
 
“Well! I'd better get some work done. We can fix all this mess another day - don't worry.”
 
With a twinkle in his eyes, Shigure left.
 
“Um… ok.” Tohru looked around. “I'll just… go look for Kyo then.”
 
*************************************
Kyo had planned to run off somewhere far away - maybe climb a mountain.
 
But then he remembered that he wasn't at optimum condition and stopped running.
 
He'd only gotten as far as the laundry line.
 
“Hell.”
 
Exhausted, he sat down. So much for his plan. Oh well. There was still another left.
 
“There you are!”
 
Kyo stood up and spun around.
 
It was Tohru, smiling.
 
“I kinda expected you to be a bit harder to find…” She grinned sheepishly. “But I'm glad I found you so soon! You need to get some more rest…”
 
Tohru quietened as he took a step forward.
 
“Tohru…” Kyo ended with a pathetic cough, his cheeks flushing. Why was this so damn hard? He had to tell her! Just one more try…
 
Taking a deep breath, Tohru decided to be honest with him. It would make everything much easier. Plus, he was obviously having difficulties saying anything.
 
“Tohru, I-”
 
“I know.”
 
“A-what-now?” Startled, Kyo took half a step back. He didn't quite expect her to say that.
 
“I know. I know what you're trying to say.” She smiled awkwardly, and looked away. “I… I was there that day, when you were… in the bathroom… trying to say that… well…”
 
Silence.