Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ A Caged Heart ❯ Chapter 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17 (Only For Her):

“Oh-my-god! Oh-my-god!” she wailed. She ran around in small circles, desperately trying to remember her way out. “Did I go straight ahead, or did I turn left? What if no one notices I'm gone? What if I'm stuck her forever? What if something finds me?”

She squealed in fear, twisting her head in attempt to see from all angles.

Then she saw the tree. One side was covered in moss. She smiled.

“Ah! This will help! Moss grows on the north side of trees! Wait… or is it the south side of trees?” Her face fell. “And that won't help if I don't know which way is out!”

Tohru circled the tree, as if to help jog her memory. Why didn't she take a map?

“What are you doing?”

She shrieked and spun around. Why did voices always come from behind her?

A shadow stood by a tree… A tall shadow… It came closer, stepping into the light…

Kyo!

Relief flooding into her face, Tohru rushed up to hug him -

“Wait!” Kyo cried, putting up his hands defensively.

“Oh, right!” Laughing sheepishly, she came to a halt in front of him. A bit too in front of him. She gulped. “Um… Can we go now?”

He smiled and took her hand - and her heart just melted.

-------------------------------------------------

WE INTERRUPT YOU WITH A VERY IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE

Yes, I have been aware of the fact that for quite some time, the ending of this story has been BLEEEP. So - I am adding more, and in doing so, most necessarily needed to obliterate the last half or so of Chapter 17, of which the title now makes absolutely no sense. But fear not. It shan't ever, now.

Chapter 17.5 coming shortly.

Fingers crossed!

~Daramenii