Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ And As She Grows ❯ Year Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AND AS SHE GROWS
A Fruits Basket Series of Drabbles

Written by Miyu, Vampire Princess


AUTHOR'S NOTE: This series follows my story, "Her Tears." You don't need to read it to understand this, but I strongly encourage it. =o) Each chapter is a 200 word drabble dedicated to the life of Kyo's daughter as she grows up. Kyo/Tohru centric. Told from Kyo's point of view. Possible SPOILERS for those not familiar with the end of the manga.

DISCLAIMER: Fruits Basket is the property of Natsuki Takaya/HAKUSENSHA - TV TOKYO - NAS - Fruba Project and licensed by FUNimation Productions (anime) and Tokyopop (manga) for distribution in the US and Canada. Characters are used here without permission. No money is being made from this story, so please do not sue.


YEAR FIVE


"They're so cute!"

"Mine's on the left."

"Fuyumi's in the center."

"All the way to the right. The one just standing there."

"She's still adorable."

Part of me wishes I had never agreed to come here. The women won't stop chattering about their girls. How pretty is that one? How great is this one? Why doesn't that one remember the routine?

It doesn't really matter, because they're all so freakin' cute!

Tohru pats my hand and I glance at her. Her eyes are focused on the stage as a new group of girls comes on. As soon as the audience quiets, the music begins. From the start it's mass chaos in pink tutus and white slippers. Not a one in sync.

Including our daughter, who’s standing directly in center stage.

At first, I sigh. Kyoko's cute, but she falls short on graceful. Much like her mother. And she'd dancing opposite everyone else. Daring to be different. Like her father.

As chaos continues, I can't help but chuckle with the other parents. It's so random and unplanned. And as the music ends, the only thing the kids can do in unison is curtsey.

Yet the applause is thunderous.

Including my own.

--

Continued...