Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Bad Medicine ❯ Choose Your Own Ending ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Bad Medicine
Disclaimer: Fruits Basket and all its characters are the property of Natsuki Takaya. I’m borrowing them without her consent. None of the attached story is planned or approved by the owner. I’m abusing them horribly, and she probably wouldn’t approve. But since I’m terribly poor, I don’t think she’ll sue me - she’d lose more money to her lawyers than she could win from me. Besides, since I’m doing it out of a love of her story - no really, I am - even though the attached is twisted and wrong - I think even though she wouldn’t like this, she’d understand.


Back History:
In the five years since she’d come to live with them, the entire Sohma family had become just that - a family. She was like their own little miracle. A miracle with long flowing honey hair, and beautiful sapphire eyes.

It was a wonder that she stayed with them. She could have left them after graduation. She was promoted at work, and was making enough money where she could have lived on her own, but the thought of leaving her family never even crossed her mind.

The graduation ceremony was bittersweet for her. She had fulfilled her promise to her mother, but not the one she made to herself to free the Sohmas of their curse. And when Akito summoned Kyo to the main house, they all knew what that meant.

He was locked up without ceremony, in the same house that Shishou’s grandfather had spent his last hours. But unlike his predecessor, Kyo did not spend his days alone. This generation, the jyuunishi actually cared about the cat. And therefore, they cared for him.

Small gestures, yes, but meaningful nonetheless.

They visited outside his window whenever they could. Kagura would sneak him meals that Tohru had specially prepared for him - all his favorites. Yuki would come by for Kyo to yell at. And occasionally Akito would let them spar for his entertainment.

In all honesty, Akito was being more… well, considerate and kind-hearted, than any of them might have expected. There was no way he could have NOT known about all the things his pets were doing to show they cared about the monster, but he never called them to task. So long as Tohru didn’t visit Kyo, he let it all slide.

From the day that Kyo had been locked up, the little girl who had meant so much to them all had decided that she would do whatever it took to break the curse. And so, Tohru came to visit Akito regularly. She would visit with him and keep him calm, and whenever Akito demanded that she admit she was only there to gloat on how she would live long after Akito had died from the curse, she would reply with the same answer, “Truthfully, Akito-sama, if I could save you all from the curse, I would. I would do anything to see you all alive and happy.” A tear would always fall from one eye, sometimes both eyes when she said that. “If only, I knew how to break the curse…”

As a game, occasionally Akito would send her on wild goose chases for his pleasure, telling her that to break the curse, she needed to: kiss every jyuunishi on the forehead, and then kiss Akito’s feet; or dance naked in Akito’s garden on a blue moon while singing “Akito is god”; or talk only backwards for an entire day on the day of the equinox to spin the spell backwards off of them all. Anything to make her look silly and give Akito a laugh.

But she always took them in good humor. ‘If this can bring some joy to Akito-sama’s life, who am I to deny it to him. I just hope someday, he’ll tell me the truth. Then maybe I’ll really be able to help.’

Three years to the day after Kyo was locked up, Akito’s suffering seemed to come to a head. He was failing. It was obvious.

“Hatori, please! Just leave me alone! I’m not going to die today. You’ll have plenty of time to be the concerned physician.”

“Akito-sama, I am merely trying my best to make you as comfortable as possible…”

Akito sighed. “You know, sometimes I think you really do want to keep me around, Hatori. Though I cannot for the life of me,” he laughed at his pun, “figure out why.

“Well, if you really want to do something for me, then… bring Honda Tohru to me. I wish… to speak with her today.” Hatori bowed obeisance and left.

‘I have no more time to play with the little idiot. She really is stronger than she looks, though. She may be dumb, but she has not been useless. And there’s no more time. I will… try her.’

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x

“You… called for me, Akito-sama?” She kneeled in his presence as she always did. Her head was bowed in respect.

“No. Hatori lied to you.” His irony was thick. “Of course I summoned you.” He sighed heavily.

“Miss Honda, you’ve said that you want to help us break the cuh-” He was interrupted by a fit of coughing. She rushed to his side and helped him ease himself into his bed. When he had it under control, he pushed her off of him.

“Would you really be willing to do anything to break the curse?” He glared at her. She bowed respectfully.

“I would, Akito-sama.”

“I wouldn’t be so quick to state that. You have NO idea what is involved in breaking the curse.” She looked at him questioningly, but the trust she placed in him was… unnerving.

“Tohru Honda. I have not very long to live. I can tell. You,” he rolled his eyes and sighed, “may be my last hope - which I must say does nothing to make me feel any type of confidence at all.”

She bowed her head contritely. “I would do anything you require, Akito-sama. I know I’m not very good at anything, but I would certainly be willing to try.” She looked up at him hopefully.

“Whatever. It’s not like I have any choice. Sit and we’ll see if you’re as good as your word.”

She sat at his feet.

“You will not live through it. You would be sacrificed.” He watched her to see her reaction. She took a deep breath, grimaced, then nodded.

“If that is what it takes, I will do it.” ‘It will be good to see Mother again, and I know she’d approve of me doing whatever it takes to help them. They’re my FAMILY!’

As she spoke these words, Akito’s eyes widened. “Why? Why would you be willing to die for me?”

“Akito-sama is my family. The Sohmas are my family. If Akito-sama could live, if Yuki-kun, and Kyo-kun could live free of the curse - free and happy… I mean… I’m no one special. The only people who would really miss me are the Sohmas and Uo and Hana. And I can watch over them from above the way they’ve always watched over me, once I’m…” She swallowed hard. “Once I’m dead.”

Akito shook his head. “You really are an idiot,” he mumbled. She looked up at him questioningly, having not heard what he said. “That’s not all. You would also have to… sacrifice yourself to every one of the cursed.”

She cocked her head at him. Her sapphire eyes wide, and not understanding.

“Sexually.” He paused. “In the ritual, a virgin must… give herself to satisfy each of the human aspects of the 12 jyuunishi. That will put the human side to sleep and awaken the spirit of the animal. Then…”

He waited as she blushed, but didn’t look away. ‘Amazing. She really is stronger than she looks.’

“And then, Akito-sama?”

“And then, she must please each of the animal aspects of the 12 cursed. This will… satisfy their hunger and their need.

“After that is complete, she must satisfy the human aspect of the… CAT.” He spat that word out. “Then, the small harmless aspect of the CAT,” again he spat as he said it, “must be satisfied.

“Finally, the CAT’s true nature must be satisfied. And for THAT, he must take a virgin. So you would need to use… other methods to satisfy the humans and their spirits.”

She met his eyes and swallowed hard. Then she nodded in agreement. “And then?”

“…” he paused. “You understand, it’s supposed to be the God who performs these actions. Or,” he caught her chin with one hand, while the other hand undid his yukata. It fell open, revealing her bindings. “In my case, the Goddess.”

She gasped. “Akito-sama! You’re… you’re…”

“Yes. Those idiot animals never noticed that in all the histories, the God and the Cat are ALWAYS the opposite sex.

“This final act, this final acceptance of the CAT by the God, will reverse the curse. But! The God needs to be a virgin. Which I am not.”

Akito paused to let that thought sink in. Tohru nodded, accepting without judging - as always. Akito gave an almost self-deprecating smirk. ‘God, is she an idiot, or is she really truly the saviour that they always said she was?’

“I’m not sure that using a proxy will work. You might be sacrificing yourself for nothing.”

Tohru looked at Akito and saw that she was serious. She nodded at the Goddess.

“I… I really wish that I could be certain. In honesty, I… If I am to die, I would want someone who cares about this family as much as you do to be there to help them.”

Tohru nodded at Akito and smiled warmly.

“But I would share blood with you before the ritual, and we can pray that it will work.

“As you and the monster reach pleasure from the act, I would…” Here Akito paused and looked away. “I would spill your blood for the monster to drink. That will sate the creature, and, theoretically at least, end the curse.”

She looked at the strange young girl sitting at her feet. She felt true sorrow.

“For our future. Will you help me?”

Tohru smiled, reached up and took Akito’s hand and gently squeezed it. “Yes, Akito-sama. I will take your place. But… if I may be so bold to ask…”

“Yes, Tohru-chan?”

‘Tohru-chan?’ She looked up at the Goddess startled. Then she smiled. ‘She finally accepts me!’ “Akito-sama, please don’t tell any of the family about this until it’s… done. They wouldn’t… approve.”

Akito put a hand on her head. “I will take care of the details.” ‘And we will see if you are as special as you seem. I’ve never met anyone like you.’ “You may leave me now.”

“Yes, Akito-sama.” She smiled warmly, then left the goddess alone to think about hell, and how she was sure she was going there, but that this Tohru deserved to be an angel in heaven.


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


She was making dinner when the doorbell rang. Beef stew for the family, broiled cod and salmon riceballs to be packed up for Kyo. Before she could react, Shigure sang out, "I'll get it!"The sound of muffled greetings were heard, followed by Shigure chiding someone, "Don't be ridiculous! You'll stay for dinner - it's almost ready anyway, and you know Tohru would never forgive herself if she knew you were here and she didn't get the opportunity to feed you.""Do we have a guest, Shigure?" she called from the kitchen. Shigure pushed Hatori in front of him into the kitchen as a response. "Oh! Hatori! How wonderful to see you! Do say that you'll stay for dinner. It's not much, I know, but Shigure and Ayame tell me that you don't remember to eat, and this is absolutely the least I could do for all the care you've given me over the years."Hatori held up his hand to forestall her from continuing on her normal rant cycle. "I'll stay. Your cooking is one of the true blessings we Sohmas have received from knowing you. One of many." He smiled kindly at her, then turned back around to face Shigure."And when do you plan to open your invitation?"Shigure gave a ½-grimace and said, "Hm. An invitation from Akito. Let's see… Do you think that I could get away with never?" He saw Hatori roll his eyes. "No. I guess not."He tore open the envelope and pulled out a gold-embossed invitation.
"Your presence is requested - more like required! - at a final goodbye jyuunishi banquet to be held this Sunday at 2pm at the main house. And Akito has even hand written a note: As this is the last event I will be alive to attend, I must demand that you attend. Have no fears, this will be the most memorable of all the banquets you attend in your life. Shigure, I promise you, that if I survive this event, I will willingly give up my position of family head if the jyuunishi members present require that of me once it is all done."He paused and looked up at Hatori. "Did yours say that, too?""No. Mine said that he promised that at the end of the banquet, one way or the other, he would not be requiring my services anymore, and that he would make sure that I was rewarded for all my years of service over the years."Tohru finished up the dishes to bring to the table and said, "Um, perhaps we should take this to the dining room?" And pushing past them, she carried the food to the table for dinner. Behind her, Shigure and Hatori exchanged glances. There was no curiousity on her part, no hesitation, and no sense that any of this was a surprise to her.Sitting down at the table, Hatori said, "Miss Honda, there's an invitation for you as well." Shigure raised one eyebrow as Tohru took the envelope from the doctor with a simple, "Thank you, Hatori-san."She opened it, and read aloud her note, "Miss Honda, as much as I've tried to keep you from becoming a part of this family, it is apparent that nothing I say or do can sever your ties to us. Therefore, I must demand your presence at this banquet as well. Your previous requests to me - to be a part of this family - will be officially approved at the banquet. Do not fail me, and I will not fail you." She smiled and held it to her heart, as a single tear escaped her eye. Then she looked at Shigure and Hatori. "I'm so happy that I'll finally be a part of this family."They exchanged glances again, then followed her lead and began to eat - although no one felt truly hungry just then.After the quiet dinner, Hatori handed Shigure the invitation to give to Yuki after he got home from his evening class, then departed to deliver the remaining invitations.X x x x x . x x x . x x x xAs Yuki waited at the breakfast table in the kitchen while Tohru reheated some stew for his dinner, Shigure handed him his invitation."Yuki, over the years you have seen me as the source of all your torment. For that, I truly am sorry. As this will probably be the last time you see me alive, I would request that you attend. I promise to give you something that you've truly been wanting for a long time. However, I suggest you take it and treasure it, because I cannot guarantee that it will last beyond the night - and again, for that I am sorry."He looked up at Shigure questioningly. "Sorry, I can't explain. It seems Akito's notes to all of us are… mysterious."Tohru set the bowl of stew in front of Yuki and said, "I think Akito just wants to give a proper goodbye. And maybe set things right while that's still possible. It has to be hard knowing… death is on the way." She gave them her biggest smile, and excused herself to go up to her room.They watched her go, each with a bemused smile. She always found the best way to look at everything.X x x x x . x x x . x x x xShe pulled out some paper, and began writing her goodbye notes. She started with the easiest one."Dear Akito, I do not have enough words to express my gratitude to you for allowing me to become a member of your wonderful family."I am also grateful that you allowed me to know your deepest secret, and that you've allowed me the ability to try to help in breaking my adopted family free from the curse. I want you to know that regardless of how it turns out, I will remain happy in the knowledge that at least I was able to try to help you all."The whole Sohma family is so dear to me. If the ritual does work, then I won't have died in vain. I will make sure that the family knows that you did not want to do this, that it was the only way, and that I volunteered. I only want to make sure that you are finally able to live the life that you should have lived."And if it does not work, then I have a request to make of you: try to enjoy the last days that you have on this life. Let your family know that you love them, as I know you do. Allow yourself to be vulnerable to them. They won't disappoint you. Deep down, they all love you dearly."Be well, Akito-sama. That is my final wish for you. Your servant, Honda Tohru."She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Now for Uo and Hana. This was going to be a long night.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x
The day of the banquet came with nothing to mark the day as particularly special. Tohru left the house early saying that she had some errands to attend to prior to the banquet and that she’d meet Yuki and Shigure there.

The train into town deposited her not far from Hana’s house. As she placed the envelope in the mailbox, she smiled up at Hana’s window. ‘I wish I could hug you goodbye one last time, Hana, but you’d know something was up, and I can’t let you stop me from doing the most important thing in my life. I love you, Hana.’

As she turned to leave, she thought she heard Hana’s voice on the wind, “I love you too, Tohru. Do not worry. I understand. And I will always love you.”

“Oh, Hana!” She cried and ran down the street to catch the next train that would take her to Uo’s stop.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


She placed the note in Uo’s mailbox, then rang the doorbell. It was always good to see Tohru, but without warning set off alarms for Uo.

“Tohru! What’s wrong? Did one of those boys do something?”

Tohru smiled at her friend. “No, nothing like that. I was just passing by as I was running some errands for the Sohma family banquet that I’ve been invited to tonight, so I thought I’d come see you for a few minutes.” She glanced down at her watch and her eyes got wide. “Oh dear! It’s gonna have to be only just a hi and bye, I guess… I’m running really late!”

Uo hugged her. Tohru’s spaceyness was almost legendary. That’s why she needed Uo and Hana so much to watch over her. And honestly, it was good to feel needed.

She smiled at her friend, “Well okay! Too bad. Would have been nice to go get some tea or something.”

Tohru smiled up at her friend sadly and said, “Yes. I’d have liked that.” Then she shook her head to clear it and knocked on it with her knuckles. “Guess I still need to work on my planning.”

She hugged her friend again and said, “I’m so lucky to have a friend like you, Uo.”

“Right back atcha!” Uo said, and hugged Tohru. “So you’ve got a banquet at the Sohma’s?”

Tohru smiled sadly and said, “Akito is finally inviting me to officially become a member of the family.”

“Well! It’s about time! Let me know how it goes, okay?”

Tohru just smiled, then held Uo’s hands. “Well, I better run. I don’t want to be late!”

“Ok. Have fun.” Uo waved cheerily at her friend, and Tohru smiled at her and then turned and ran so that Uo wouldn’t see her cry.

‘Forgive me for not telling you, Uo. I love you.’ She ran all the way to the station, and by then, she had her tears back under control.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


She arrived at the main house an hour early, so that she could meet with Akito.

“Tohru-chan. You’re prompt as usual.”

“Thank you, Akito-sama.”

Akito would not meet her gaze. She looked out the window at her garden, at the birds frolicking there.
“Tohru-chan… I…”

Tohru walked over to Akito and touched her arm. “It’s okay Akito-sama.” She smiled up at her. I know what I’m doing.” She held out the envelope for Akito. “This is for you.”

Akito took the letter from her, opened it and read it. But no tears fell. She had cried out all her tears years and years ago, when she had been left to her horrible fate as “goddess” of the zodiac. Instead, she smiled sadly at Tohru. “Thank you.” She placed the letter inside her kimono, close to her heart.

Then she turned to Tohru and said, “Well, if you’re to be my proxy, you will need to fully be my proxy.” She led her to the dressing room and pulled out two identical kimono. “These are what we will wear tonight for the dinner. Then, after… when we perform the ritual… you will not wear anything. I will, of course, share this with you. While I cannot perform the rites, I… do not wish for you to… bear the burden alone.”

Throughout this speech, Akito looked everywhere EXCEPT at Tohru.

“Akito-sama, um…” She paused as Akito turned to look at her. “If it won’t make any difference to the ritual… perhaps you’d feel more comfortable if you were to remain clothed. I don’t think… it will make that much difference to me, but it might make it easier for you, and…” she took the goddess’ hand, “I think you’ve borne enough.”

Akito shook her head and looked away. But she did not pull her hand out of Tohru’s.

“You should know, I’ve arranged for Hatori to become the family head after tonight. And I’ve arranged for Kyo to be granted some freedom - so long as he remains living with either Kagura or Kazuma until he reaches 21, he will never be locked up again.”

At the thought of Kyo and Kagura living together, Tohru beamed.

“That’s one of many announcements I plan to make tonight.” Akito paused and looked at Tohru carefully. She hated to admit it, but working in secret with Tohru to set the Jyuunishi free was the most fun she’d ever had. If only she hadn’t been so scared her whole life, she would have had more time to enjoy this girl. It made her sad, but… there was really nothing she could do now, except enjoy the short time she had left with their angel.

“Did you study the… techniques I pointed out for you in Shigure’s novel?”

Tohru flushed a bright red as she nodded shyly, and Akito laughed. It was a full-out belly laugh. Tohru had never heard that sound come from Akito before - she looked up at the goddess in surprise. “Yuki is right. You really ARE adorable when you blush.

“Well, never mind. I’m glad that you studied. But don’t worry. You won’t have to rely upon your untried sexual skills. I’ve seen to it that aphrodisiacs - both of the natural type like oysters & passionfruit as well as the chemical types such as “Spanish fly” - have been added to every dish and every beverage we eat tonight. The quantities are not strong enough in any one dish to do more than elevate levels of excitement.” She couldn’t help but smirk as each detail caused Tohru’s flush to grow. “However, when you combine the quantities, by the time the ritual occurs, both their human and their animal spirits should be ready and require little enticement to participate.”

By this time, Tohru and Akito had donned their identical kimono, and Akito was helping tie the obi on Tohru - something she had watched others do her whole life, but had never been allowed to participate in. As she finished tying the garment, she felt an odd sense of pride in accomplishing this simple task. ‘Is this what every day is going to feel like?’ Then she looked at the pretty younger woman in front of her. ‘Or will my entire life be consumed with guilt for needing this girl to do what I could never accomplish?’

Tohru saw Akito’s smile fade, and quickly jumped to the task. “Thank you, Akito-sama! Now, it’s your turn!” She immediately began wrapping Akito in the beautiful hand-embroidered obi. When it was done, she smiled at Akito. Akito batted her hands away when she went to adjust it again. “It’s fine as it is!” But she gave a half-smile to take away the sting. She couldn’t be expected to fully change overnight.

“It’s time.” She took Tohru’s hand, and the two of them walked together to the banquet chamber where the 12 were already seated.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x

The twelve jyuunishi were seated at the table in their correct order. As the door opened, they all looked up to see Akito enter in a beautiful white kimono, embroidered with sakura blossoms. While Akito had always preferred the best quality garments, this was the only time they had ever seen Akito look… feminine.

Then, they all gasped, as they saw Tohru enter behind her, hand-in-hand with Akito, dressed identically to their god. They looked like adopted sisters. Sisters.

Akito led Tohru into the room, and then together, they sat at the head of the table.

“My jyuunishi. This is the last banquet we will ever have together. My time has… run out. Soon, there will be a new head born.

“From the time this banquet is concluded until the time a new head is born, Hatori will act as the head of the Sohmas. This is my wish to reward him for his loyalty to the Sohma family.”

Akito waited as all the jyuunishi shared looks with each other. They knew better than to interrupt by speaking. When she knew it had settled in, she began again.

“This is just the first of many changes that will begin tonight.

“You have all noticed that Miss Honda is my special guest tonight. She has agreed to come here. She has voluntarily, and against my better judgment, requested to become a part of this family, to help this family in whatever way she can.

“Tonight, I officially announce that I am adopting her as my… sister and proxy. She has agreed to this. She will now act as the sister of your deity. We shall eat off the same plate tonight, and you will respect her as you respect me.” She couldn’t help but snort at that thought.

And she smirked to herself as she saw the shock register in each of those zodiac-cursed, and then saw it fade to unexpected joy.

“As I’ve said, this is just a part of many changes that will occur in this family after tonight - assuming all goes as planned.” She watched their joy turn to suspicion, and again smiled to herself. Tohru, next to her, merely beamed at them all.

“Our Tiger and Sheep are graduating high school this year. I’ve arranged for an apartment for Kisa and Hiro to share after they graduate, so that they can attend college together.

“And, should they desire it, another for Rin and Haru. I will no longer stand in the way of my jyuunishi’s attempts at happiness. After tonight, there will be no need.” She squeezed Tohru’s hand. Tohru squeezed it back and smiled encouragingly.

“And now. Let’s eat, and celebrate that we are alive.” She clapped her hands, and servants began bringing in trays laden with everyone’s favorite foods and beverages.

With Tohru’s help, they all passed an enjoyable dinner, eating, drinking, and with Tohru leading people into conversation, great discussions and laughter. It felt almost surreal. It would have felt that way even without the drugs that they were all unknowingly (except for Tohru and Akito) ingesting.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Elsewhere on the estate, Kyo had been led out of his house, and bathed and dressed in a yukata that, while plain was made of the finest silk. When he asked why, the servants would only answer, “Akito has ordered it.”

Once he was clean and presentable, the led him to a private dining room. The servant who led him there told him, “Tonight is the final Jyuunishi banquet. Master Akito has stated that while you, as the cat, cannot be allowed to attend the dinner portion of the
evening, he wishes you to dine on the exact same food as the rest of the attendees - so that when you are allowed to join the family, after the banquet, you will be in the same mindset.” The servant smiled at him. “The master was specific in his request that you
try to enjoy this meal. He wanted me to tell you that it will be your last apart from the family.”

As the servant closed the door on his way out, he said, “Congratulations, Kyo.” Then the door was locked, and Kyo was left to serve himself.

“Whatever,” he said, shrugged his shoulders, and began to eat.


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Shigure was not the first to notice the effect the extra ingredients in the food were having on them all. No. That honor went to Hiro. He was seated almost kitty-corner from Kisa at the dinner table. But he found himself staring at her as if he was going to come apart if he couldn’t touch her. He started noticing every time she placed a piece of food on her lips. When she licked them to get a trace of soy sauce that had dribbled, he felt a need to leap across the table toward her.

‘The Hell?!’ he thought. ‘I know I love her - I know I want her. But… I feel out of control…’ He stared at the food. Then he stared at Akito. Akito who, for once looked… lovely. ‘Lovely? Akito?!?’

He pushed himself back from the table and groggily watched the others at the table. It was obvious they were all feeling it. Yuki was leaning toward Tohru, and licking his lips. Shigure had his hand stroking Kagura’s knee, and she wasn’t smacking him. She was giggling. Hatori was staring up at the head of the table, groggily. Haru was leaning back, and outright leering at Rin, who was grinning at him through her bangs - even though they were practically the length of the table apart. Ayame was playing with Rin’s hair and laughing. Ritsu was calm and almost peaceful looking. Kureno had his eyes closed, and was obviously in the middle of fantasizing about… someone not present. Momiji was giggling and bouncing in place. Okay, so that was pretty much normal. But still.

He looked at Akito and said, “What did you do?”

Upon his exclamation, everything stopped. They all looked at Hiro, who was staring at Akito. Then, they all turned toward Akito, and looked at her questioningly.

Akito smiled as the previously happy jyuunishi turned toward her, and their faces turned to fear. “Well. I suppose that it *is* now time to move on to dessert.”

She clapped her hands, and servants came in and removed the trays of mostly eaten food, and all the dirty dishes from the table. They replaced it all with spiced fruit as the dessert.

After the servants had removed the last of the dishes, Akito reached forward across the table, and brought two strawberries back with her. She placed one in Tohru’s hand, and the other, she brought to Tohru’s lips. Tohru leaned forward and sensuously bit down into the juicy fruit. A trail of juice dribbled down her chin. Akito leaned toward her and licked the juice off her face. As she finished, Tohru then placed the strawberry she held up to Akito’s lips, who also leaned forward to bite down on the delectable treat. A touch of juice leaked down her chin as well. Tohru returned the favor.

By this moment, they had all come to realize that *something* wasn’t normal. This odd display of sensuality. Akito accepting Tohru. The sensations filling their bodies. This time, it was Hatori who voiced the question, “Akito, what did you do?”

“You must partake of the fruit. As you can see, there’s nothing to be afraid of. Both Tohru and I are enjoying it. Once dessert is finished, then the real ending of the banquet can begin.”

They all just stared at Tohru and Akito. Not a single one of them moved. Tohru smiled at them all and said, “Please. Please. Eat. It’s all okay. I promise.”

They looked at her unbelievingly. But one by one, they saw the pleading look on her face and they dug in. As they finished the last of the fruit, Akito stood, and held her hand out to Tohru.

It was at this time that they noticed the haze in the room. Incense had been burning in the dining room the entire evening - and had been replaced as the food was brought in and out.

Tohru stood up, and walked behind Akito. Akito turned to face her and kissed her fully on the lips. Then she spun and faced the table.

“Tonight!” Akito announced. “Tonight, we will attempt to be able to break the curse.”

The Jyuunishi all gasped.

Akito smiled at them all. “You’re shocked. I know. It never seemed like I was interested in breaking the curse before. That’s because I knew that *I* could never break the curse. From the time I learned of a cure, it was too late.” She glared at Shigure. Then she smiled at the rest of them.

“But Tohru has agreed to act as my proxy.” She kissed Tohru’s palm. “It may not work, but she has agreed to try.”

Tohru interrupted her, “No, Akito-sama. I want everyone to be clear on this. I did not just *agree* to try. I *requested* that you allow me to try.” She faced the zodiac. “Akito-sama did not truly want to share the burden. I, alone, am responsible for my participation.”

Akito smiled at her. “Thank you, Tohru. Let’s just say that together, we agreed to try. After all, my time on this earth is almost up, as it currently stands. And,” she grimaced at them all, “what do I have to lose?”

She faced the jyuunishi. “Now, we must ask you, will you help us try to break the curse? You must either agree now, or leave. If you leave, you are accepting the curse, and dooming the next generation to the same fate that you have lived. If you agree, you must agree to see this through - regardless of what that might mean.”

The cursed Sohmas looked at each other, then up at Tohru, beaming with hope, and they as a unit nodded. “We will stay,” Yuki stated.

Akito clapped, and they heard the doors lock. She smiled sadly at them. “This will not be easy on you, my children. But please, bear with us, and try to at least derive some pleasure through the difficulty that this night will bring.

“And,” she murmured quietly, “I hope one day you will all forgive me.” But the only one who heard that was Tohru - who squeezed her hand, and kissed the back of it.

She turned to Tohru and pulled out a knife. Tohru pushed Akito’s sleeve back, so that Akito’s left forearm was exposed.

“We must do this three times, Tohru-chan.” Tohru nodded. “Here,” she touched her left forearm. “Here,” she touched her right forearm. “And here,” she touched her left breast. Tohru nodded again and smiled at the deity.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Akito pulled out a ceremonial knife and sliced open her forearm. The wound was shallow, but it bled freely. Tohru leaned in and licked the wound clean. Then gently bound it with a bandage. She then held out her own left arm, and Akito sliced it open, and licked it clean. Then she bound Tohru’s arm. They repeated the procedure on their right arm.

Then, Tohru unwrapped Akito’s obi, and the kimono parted, revealing her breasts for the jyuunishi to see. There were a several startled gasps from the younger ones, and Yuki practically fell out of his skin. Tohru held the knife, and very gently sliced the skin on her left breast, apologizing as she did it. As she leaned in and licked at Akito’s breast,
Shigure, and at least one other member of the jyuunishi moaned feelingly.

Once the bleeding stopped, she still lingered. Then groggily backed off to gently place a bandage strip over the cut.

Akito then removed Tohru’s obi, and as her kimono fell apart, several moans could be distinctly heard. Akito gently sliced the skin on Tohru’s breast, and then leaned in and licked all the blood off. As the bleeding stopped, she lowered her mouth further, and took the hardened peak of Tohru’s breast into her mouth. This time, the moans came from Tohru and Akito, as the onlookers jaws fell open.

Releasing the nub, Akito stood up, and firmly kissed Tohru on the lips, parting them with her tongue. Tohru willingly obliged, sucking on Akito’s tongue. Akito used this time to push the kimono off Tohru’s shoulders, leaving her fully bare in front of them all.

Akito gently broke the kiss, and smiled at Tohru. “It’s time. Break the curse for me. For all of us. It’s all up to you now.” And she walked over to recline in a chaise lounge that stood by an almost hidden door.

Tohru turned to face them all. She smiled shyly at them. “I love you all so much,” she said, with feeling. “Accept my love and be free.”


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Briefly, she thought over all that she had read, all the studying of Shigure’s books that she had done in preparation of this night, and she flushed a bright red. But then the smoke in the room reasserted itself, and the chemicals from the food she had eaten sped up her heartbeat. Finally, she felt Akito’s blood that she had tasted take affect - she felt the goddess within her, and she realized that all her studying had been just to calm her down before this night. She already had all the knowledge she needed inside of her.

She walked over to Yuki. She leaned over and whispered in his ear, “I do love you, Yuki. Always remember that. If I could break the curse any other way, I would. But if this is what it takes, then this is what I will do.” She moved to his other ear. “It is my dearest wish to set you free.” As she distracted him by whispering, her hands reached within his ceremonial takesode, and found his already erect member. “May I please you, Yuki?”

She knelt before him, naked - like in so many of his dreams. Her tiny hand wrapped itself around his shaft, and she lowered her mouth to it. She gently licked at the head, then took the length into her warm mouth. His head fell back as he moaned.

A gasp from Kisa brought him back, and he pulled Tohru up. “Tohru, no. No. Please.”

“Does… Does Yuki-kun not want me?”

“No! I mean Yes! I mean… God, Tohru, you’re all I’ve ever wanted! But not like this.”

“Yuki-kun. It has to be this way. This is the only way to set you all free. If you love me… if you love your family… take what I *can* give you.” Then she whispered in his ear, “and know that if I could be yours and yours alone, I would. Pretend I’m the only one here if you need to. But let me please you, Yuki.” She kneeled in front of him. She fought to keep the tears from spilling from her eyes as she begged, “Please!”

Her little hands had made their way back to his hardened length and began pumping him. All he could do was nod and moan, as she lowered herself back to face his cock and began to suck on him again.

“Oh, God, Tohru! YES!” He came rather quickly. As this was the first time for him as well, it was to be expected. Tohru sucked the first spurt and swallowed it. The rest she allowed to splash on her bare skin, marking her. No one noticed that upon conclusion Yuki transformed into his rat shape. He lay exhausted, but watched to see what would come next.

She crawled then to the next position at the table, where Hatsuharu sat dumbfounded. She leaned up to him, and the smell of Yuki on her was overpowering. She whispered in his ear, “This will help you to be with Rin. Just keep your eyes on her, and remember that this is what I’m doing this for. Imagine I’m her if you need to.”

He nodded and locked gazes with the horse.

She bent down and opened his robe to reveal his amazingly huge member. (AN: He is a bull after all!) She used both hands to wrap around it, and used just her tongue to tease the tip. She bounced up and down, licking as much of the member as she could, and made her hands work as fast as she could, keeping enough of her saliva on the shaft to keep it lubricated, and sucking hard on the tip. When the tips of one hand brushed the undersac of his balls, he shrieked, “RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn!” as he came forcefully in Tohru’s mouth.

Across the table, one hand flew up to Rin’s mouth, and she started to silently cry. But not once did their locked gazes break. Not even after he had transformed.

Tohru reached one hand to her mouth to take some of his come out of her mouth and wipe it on her breast, next to the splotch from Yuki. Then she swallowed the remainder and crawled under the cow, and over to the next position.

Kisa looked at Tohru with terror in her eyes. Not fear of Tohru, but fear for her - and a lack of understanding of how… what could be coming.

Tohru hugged the tiger to her and held her tight. She whispered in the tiger’s ear, “I’m sorry that this will be your first experience with this. I’m sure Hiro will do a much better job of it than me. And I know… you’re like a sister to me, so this is really weird. But… I’m thinking of it as if… If this were the only way to save your life, would it be that weird? No. I don’t think so. So that’s how I’m thinking of it. But… It may be easier if you try to imagine that it’s not me, but Hiro, okay? He does love you, you know.”

The tiger blushed, looked at Hiro and nodded. Then she grimaced and said, “I love you, too, Sissy. I’m sorry that you have to do this.”

Tohru smiled and hugged her harder, then used her hands to stroke down Kisa’s front. When her hand brushed over the fabric that covered her breasts, Kisa gasped. Tohru’s hands worked down Kisa’s sides, and parted the kimono so that she could nip at the girl’s
nipples. Meanwhile, her hands had found their way inside the girls kimono and began stroking her folds.

Her eyes moved to Hiro’s, but the fear and envy she saw in them was too much. She mouthed, “Only you, Hiro,” as she closed her eyes. Hiro’s widened in shock. Despite the envy he felt for that stupid girl, Kisa’s words created a warmth that spread out through his belly, down to his already hardened member, which throbbed at the scene in front of him.

As Tohru felt the dampness of Kisa increase, her thumb flicked at her nub and she slid one finger inside the girl. Kisa gasped, and then moaned. Tohru continued to suck at her breast, and worked her hand in and out of the girl until Kisa threw her head back and Tohru could feel her walls clamping onto her fingers in orgasm. As the juices flowed freely, Tohru removed her hand, licked some of the contents off, and rubbed the next onto herself, next to Haru’s mark.

She crawled over to Momiji, petting the tiger’s head as she went by.

Before she could even say anything, Momiji said, loud enough for all to hear, “Only you, Tohru, could love us enough to do this. No matter whether this works or not, you are the most giving person I have ever met, and we are so lucky to know you. I will never forget your kindness.” He smiled at the girl, and kissed her firmly on the mouth. As she broke away, startled, he grinned shyly and said, “I always wanted to do that.” Then he laughed and shrugged at her look of incredulity.

His laughter broke her free from her shock, and she smiled at the rabbit. Without further delay, she bent over, and took him fully into her mouth. She fondled his balls with one hand, and used only her mouth and tongue, with as quick a rhythm as she could manage, to bring him over the edge. It didn’t take long - rabbits are known for being quick - before he had transformed into a bunny. He twitched his nose at her, as she wiped some of his essence out of her mouth, and marked herself next to the Tiger’s mark, then swallowed the remainder. He nuzzled her as she passed him on her way to Hatori.

Looking at Hatori, she began to blush. She leaned to his ear and whispered softly, “I can never replace Kana, and I wouldn’t try to. But maybe if you imagine her in my place it will be easier.”
He smiled gently at her, lifted her chin, and whispered back, “No, Tohru. It will actually be easier if I imagine it’s *you*.” He also kissed her fully on the lips, then again whispered in her ear, “I’ve always wanted to do that, too.” She felt her heartbeat increase in rate, and she swallowed hard before bowing to the task ahead of her.

For everyone to hear, he said, “I’m sorry that you have to go through this, Tohru. You truly are the most special girl I’ve ever met.” And then, his head went back in ecstasy as the girl he hadn’t dared to allow himself to dream about did things with her tongue that should be illegal - that probably were illegal in some areas of the world.

As he came in her mouth, he transformed into a seahorse. Akito, foreseeing this need, had crossed the room with a dish of seawater, and instead of falling several feet to land on the cushion at the table, instead, he fell just a few inches into the dish. Akito set the dish down, and kissed Tohru on the head before going back to her place on the chaise lounge.

Next came the snake. She kissed him on the cheek as she saw the fear in his normally jovial eyes. “Don’t worry,” she whispered to him. “Yuki will not hold this against you. He’ll understand. And he’ll need you more than ever after tonight. I promise. Will you promise to try to meet him halfway, and to be there for him?”

Speechless, he merely nodded to her, and she wrapped her fingers around his shaft, using the tip of her tongue to flick at the head, snake-like.

Normally, he would have held out as long as possible - to increase his pleasure and his. But, understanding that this was not about that, he allowed himself the freedom to lose control quickly. As she felt him tighten around her, she knew it wouldn’t be long and took his whole member in her mouth and sucked. He exploded down her throat, and she quickly released, so that she would not accidentally swallow it all. There was just enough left for her to use to mark herself next to the dragon’s mark. The snake coiled itself on his cushion, and bowed his head in respect to her as she passed on to the next Sohma.

Rin. She leaned in to Rin’s ear and whispered, “He loves you and only you. You know that now. I hope, once you’re free, you’ll let him know how much you love him, too.” She mimicked the same actions she had on Kisa - but Rin’s experience allowed her for much more room. She ended up having to bend down and use her tongue to flick at the nub, while her hand stretched Rin’s passage, and wiggled inside her, looking for the “G” spot. As she felt Rin tighten around her, she sucked on her clit, and wiggled her fingers more in the spot she had found. There had been no sounds emanating from Rin until that point, when she found herself shrieking, “HAAAAARUUUUUUUUUU!” as her juices flooded around Tohru’s hand, and worked into her mouth.

Tohru smiled as she leaned back, licked her lips clean and swallowed, then wiped her hand next to Ayame’s mark. Then she crawled under the horse toward Hiro.

He grimaced at her, and grimaced harder at the way he found his member twitching in response at the knowledge that she was coming to please him.

Tohru smiled gently at the sheep and whispered to him, “She loves you. And now you’ll get to be together without fear. I know you’ll be her prince. Don’t worry, she won’t hold this against you if you don’t hold it against her.” She moved to his other ear. “You may want to watch her, or just close your eyes and imagine I’m her. It may help.” She smiled kindly at him, kissed his forehead, then moved down to kiss his other head.

He gasped and frantically looked for Kisa, who smiled sadly at him. “I will be your prince, Kisa,” he muttered. The silence of the room allowed the words that were not intended to be heard to carry to the tigress, and she purred acceptance to him.

That sound, combined with Tohru’s ministrations allowed him to come quickly. He moaned, “Kisa,” softly as he came. And Tohru swallowed and marked herself, then moved on.

Ritsu was next. “I’m sor-” Tohru cut him off by placing a finger across his lips. She leaned up to his ear and whispered, “Ritsu, you are here for a reason. My wish for you is that you can accept that there is a reason. Then you won’t need to apologize, because you’ll be too busy enjoying the search for that reason.” She kissed his cheek, then leaned to his other ear. “And after this is done, tell Shigure he needs to introduce you to his editor.” She smiled at him, then leaned down to pleasure him as well.

When she was done, marked and swallowed, she crawled past the adorable monkey and came face-to-face with Kureno. She smiled at him, then whispered to him, “After this is all over with, promise me you’ll take care of Uo for me?”

Without waiting for an answer, she began bending to her task, but he stopped her. He pulled her to him and whispered in her ear, “But I’ve been cured from the curse for years! Everyone else has turned into their animal! How can this work? I can’t let you do this if it’s only doomed to fail - how will I ever look her in the eyes?”

She stopped him with a kiss on the cheek and said, “Trust me. It will work. And she will love you and need you.” She bent down to her task. His moans of “Oooo” and “Ohhh” were misinterpreted as just sighs of pleasure by everyone except Tohru, who knew this meant they would be happy after she was gone.

When he came into her mouth, the following poof as he transformed shocked him, and he squawked! She smiled at the rooster, patted his head, then marked herself and moved on.

Shigure. She smiled up at him sadly. She was reminded of that line from the Wizard of Oz, “I think I’m going to miss you most of all.” He reached down and stroked his thumb along her cheek. “Little flower,” he said, then stopped so that he wouldn’t cry. Of all those in the room, he was the only one there who knew that at the end of everything there would be a sacrifice. She saw the look in his eyes and knew that he knew.

“You never told me you knew about this ritual, ‘Gure-kun,” she whispered. “All you needed to do was ask.” She smiled at him. “I only wish that you finally get your heart’s deepest desire. That your dream finally comes true.”

She pulled back from his ear, and tried to look him in the eye, but his guilt wouldn’t allow him to meet her gaze. “Look at me, Shigure,” she said. Dutifully, he raised his eyes. She kissed his forehead and both cheeks. Then she gave him a peck on the nose, which startled him into a laugh. “That’s better,” she said. “You’re best when you’re happy and laughing. That’s what I love most about you, Shigure-niisan.”

She leaned back in to his ear, “You *do* deserve the love you want, whether you think you do or not.”

He was the only one that she looked up at while she took him into her mouth. He smiled down at her, and said, “Thank you, Tohru.” Then, he started to cry as his pleasure built. The remaining Jyuunishi looked on in shock as Shigure’s eyes leaked all the tears that he had kept inside, tied to all his seemingly hopeless hopes and dreams. As his pleasure continued to build, the tears flowed harder and faster.

Over on the chaise lounge, Akito watched, and was almost surprised to notice that what she was feeling was jealousy as her proxy began ministering to the dog. She hadn’t felt that with any of the others - not even Yuki, and she would have expected that if she was going to feel jealous, it would be of Yuki.

When the tears began falling from Shigure’s eyes, Akito clenched her fists, tighter and tighter until her nails punctured her palms which began to bleed.

Then, as the pleasure came to a head, he shrieked out, “AKIIIIITO!” The goddess fell back against the chair in shock, and began to cry. ‘He does love me.’

As the rest of the zodiac turned to look at first Shigure and then Akito, she found that she was shaking, and she held her bloodied fists up to her face as she continued to truly and freely cry for the first time in more years than she could remember.

Tohru smiled at Shigure, and at Akito, and left them to stare at each other as she crawled over to Kagura.

Kagura was crying freely by the time Tohru got to her. “You really are going to save us, aren’t you?” she asked through her tears.

“I’m going to try.”

Tohru kissed the girl on the mouth, and Kagura kissed her back fully. Their tongues twined, and Kagura moaned pleasure into Tohru’s mouth. Tohru pulled out of the kiss, and kissed over to the boar’s ear. “After tonight, there won’t be anything preventing you and Kyo from a real relationship. Always remember that I love you both, and that I’m rooting for you. You’re such a wonderful person, Kagura. Never ever forget that.”

Kagura whispered back to her, “I love you, too, Tohru.”

Then Tohru kissed down the boar’s neck, parting her kimono as she went. She suckled for a while at each breast while her hand started to play with the tight curls that led toward Kagura’s folds. Kagura moaned and Tohru kissed down the boar’s belly, past her navel. Her hand guided the folds open for her tongue to enter, and she began licking at her slit, then thrusting her tongue in and out of her friend’s hot passage as the fingers of her other hand stroked her little jewel - first with a soft caress, and then as the moans became more insistent with firm repetitive strokes.

She felt her friend arch, leaning toward a pleasure that Tohru - as of yet - had never known, and she moaned into her friend as her tongue thrust in as far as it could reach. That extra vibration sent Kagura over the edge and she came - hard. As her juices flowed over Tohru’s tongue and into her mouth, Tohru sat up, marked herself and swallowed. She knelt at the head of the table, and bowed toward Akito, not realizing that as she did, she bared everything to all the animals at the table.

Then, she turned and faced the animals. “As I am acting as Akito’s proxy, I will call you my jyuunishi. My jyuunishi, please.” She bowed to them all. “Allow me to please your spirits.”

Again, she crawled toward Yuki.


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Yuki sat up in his rat form and shook his head. No. No. This could NOT be happening.

But no matter how he tried, nothing stopped it. His beloved Tohru, naked, her left breast marked by each of the jyuunishi, crawled toward him. And he… he was a little grey rat with a hard-on.

She scooped him up, and said softly, “I love you for who you are, Yuki. I accept all of you.” She kissed him on the cheek. Her fingers gently massaged at him. She ran one hand down his head and back, the other over his belly until they reached his problem. With delicate care, she stroked him, and stroked him as his problem grew and grew - then disappeared in a thin stream that coated her fingers.

She marked her right breast and licked her hand clean and swallowed. As she did, Yuki transformed back into his human form, and he lay asleep on his cushion.

She moved on to the bull.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Each of the zodiac creatures, in their turn, tried to stop her - to spare her. To each one, she said the same thing. “I love you for who you are. I accept all of you.” Then, she gave them pleasure until their animal was sated, and they fell asleep at their place at the table.

After each one, she swallowed, and marked her right breast.

When they were all asleep, she turned to Akito and smiled. Akito smiled back at her and said, “Kneel at the head of the table. It is time for the cat to be reunited with his family.”

She stood and opened the door. Into the next room, she yelled, “CAT! If you would have your place in this family, then you must face the one who sits at the head of the table. You must face your god! Come into our presence! NOW!” Her ending words rang through the chamber, but still, the jyuunishi did not wake. The sound of soft snores could be heard, to assure that they were, in fact, just sleeping.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Kyo had finished eating his fill, and the servants had returned, removed the dishes and trays, and lit incense around the room. Then, the servant who had addressed him with kindness returned with a dish of fruit.

“Akito says you must eat all of this before you face her.” As he caught the look on the cat’s face, the servant smiled kindly and said, “It is the exact same dessert that Akito-sama and all the jyuunishi are eating tonight. There is no difference at all. Akito said to tell you that if you were to think about the girl, it might make the fruit more enjoyable.” And then, the servant bowed to him, left the room, and locked the door.

Trapped again.

He sighed, and began to eat the fruit. As he did, he wondered, ‘The girl? Did he mean Tohru?’ An image of Tohru’s soft smile floated up to him, and he was startled to find that his erection twitched. ‘When the hell did THAT get there?’ He didn’t know which to find more disturbing - the fact that the thought of Tohru made him twitch, or that he didn’t even notice himself hardening.

As he continued to eat the fruit, though, his mind wandered, and he pictured Kagura, and his erection throbbed. ‘Kagura?! Ok, what the fuck is going on?! Since when am I turned on by Kagura? Okay, yeah, she’s really very pretty and she’s got a fabulous body - even better than Tohru’s,’ his dick throbbed again and he moaned, ‘but it’s kind of hard to get turned on when you’re being beaten into a bloody pulp.’

And then he remembered that for three years, he hadn’t even received one blow from her. Just quick kisses through the bars as she snuck him all his favorite foods. They were prepared by Tohru of course, but Tohru wasn’t allowed to visit him.

Still, Kagura had stood by him, and when he thought of her now, his heart softened.

Then, the fruit got the better of him, and he started to daydream about what it would be like to have both of them - soft kisses from Tohru, while he massaged Kagura’s ample breasts, or buried himself deep in -

BANG!

The door bursting open broke him from his reverie. And then he heard Akito’s voice, reverberating throughout his dining chamber.

“CAT! If you would have your place in this family, then you must face the one who sits at the head of the table. You must face your god! Come into our presence! NOW!”

‘That damned Akito. So I must face the head of the table, eh? I’ll friggin’ face the head, alright!’ He stood up, and stormed through the door. As he entered the room, he saw that it was Tohru - who he hadn’t seen in three years - at the head of the table, naked, and kneeling. Inertia carried him the rest of the way to her, his anger died as soon as he saw her.

God, she was beautiful.

Then he saw Kagura, asleep to the right of Tohru. And all the other family members, naked and sleeping. “What the hell is going on here?!”

Tohru bowed her head, as she cried. She hadn’t seen him in three years. She’d tried to make his favorite foods for him - every day - but still… he’d lost so much weight, become so thin.

Kyo smelled her tears and lifted her chin with one finger. “Tohru, what is going on?”

“Kyo… allow me to please you!”

Her hands reached to untie his yukata. He batted at them, then grabbed her wrists. “Tohru, what have they done to you?”

“Kyo, PLEASE! You must… Please! Allow me to please you! I beg of you.”

Instinctively, she knew - she could not tell the cat that this was the undoing of the curse, or all would be lost. He had to allow it, or it would not work. She threw herself forward and kissed him on the mouth. Only his shock caused his mouth to open, so that she could plunder it with her tongue. But once she had started, he couldn’t fight back. He let go of her wrists to hold grasp her shoulders - so that he wouldn’t transform. Her hands immediately went to untie the yukata and push it off his shoulders. Soon, he was as naked as she was. Her kisses trailed down his neck, his chest. Her hands were already busy, stroking the length of his cock.

“God, Tohru, what are you doing?”

“I love you Kyo. I’ll only get tonight to show you. Please, let me show you.”

‘I’ve got to be dreaming!’ he thought, as he groggily nodded. The smile she gave him was the brightest he’d ever seen - it shone with pure joy. She lowered her head, and took him into her mouth.

Even with the bliss he was feeling - it had to be a dream - he wasn’t satisfied. Sure, he was being sated, but what about her. He eased himself into a laying down position, and then coaxed her to straddle him, 69-style. With her in this position, his head came up and while she bobbed and sucked and stroked, he did the same for her.

The smell of her, the feel of her hair brushing against his thighs, the sound of her panting breaths had him ready to explode. But when she moaned around him, he lost it. He shot into her, and she swallowed the first mouthful, keeping the second to mark herself.

She brought herself up to a kneeling position again, and marked a slash through the ring of marks on her left breast. The orange cat in front of her looked ashamed. She sat back, and picked the cat up, cradling him to her and whispered, “No, Kyo. That was perfect. I love you for who you are, and I accept all of you.” She stroked under his chin, and when he started to purr, she breathed deliberately in his face. His purr turned into a moaning meow - a tomcat’s cry who smells a she in heat. Her hand lowered, and he moan-mewed again as her fingers encircled his engorged flesh.

He was ashamed, but he couldn’t stop himself. And she kept saying over and over again, “Yes, Kyo. Let me love all of you.” Then he came into her hand.

As he came, he felt his blood rising. The true form of the cat needed to get out, and get out NOW. She quickly licked and swallowed, then slashed through the ring of marks on her right breast.

With one swift move, she grabbed the bracelet off the orange-haired boy’s wrist, and ran to where Akito lay on the lounge, waiting for her. Akito licked the marks on each of Tohru’s breasts, then hugged the girl to her tightly, kissing her deeply and tasting each of the Jyuunishi on her breath. When they parted, there was a mirrored reflection of Tohru’s marks on Akito’s breasts. Akito looked at her and said, “Get ready,” and stroked Tohru’s hair.

Tohru lay her head in Akito’s lap, raising her ass up high - like cats in heat do - making herself ready for the demon to take her.

Akito watched Kyo’s face contort in pain as the demon within transformed him into the creature that she had so often called a monster. For the first time in her entire life, she felt pity on the poor boy who had to live with that within him.

The demon looked around the room at the sleeping humans - they smelled of old sex. That meant nothing to him. That would never satisfy. He sniffed this way and that searching for… THERE!

There was his hot pussy waiting for him, ready for him. In obeisance to him.

He grabbed Tohru by the hips, and stuck one claw gently inside her. Yes. A virgin. She was truly his!

He positioned himself at her entrance and growled as he thrust into her.

Larger than even Haru in his animal form, he ripped through her barrier. The smell of sex and blood rose in the air as he continued to use her. Akito stroked Tohru’s hair, wondering why it was getting so wet, failing to notice her own tears baptizing Tohru as she made this sacrifice for them all.


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


The Sohma family members awoke to the sound like a horrible scream. Turning toward it, they saw.

Tohru was being ravaged by the cat. Akito was crying while holding her there for the cat to take. And Tohru… Tohru’s face was a perfect mixture of pain and ecstasy. She cried out, “I love you. I love you, Kyo. I love you all!”

She felt the monster near its pinnacle, and she shouted, “Akito! Are you ready?” The Sohma family saw Akito’s tears fly as she shook her head yes. Then Tohru cried, “Do it NOW!” as the beast threw back his head and howled at his completion.

They saw a blade flash.

Then blood erupted, and both the goddess and her proxy were covered with it. The beast lowered his head to drink.


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


“NO!!!!!!”

That single cry echoed through the room, reverberating in each of their hearts.

As the beast drank the blood, and drank the blood, it appeared to get smaller and smaller. And out of its back, fell an orange haired boy - unconscious. Collapsing into a puddle of blood and semen and Tohru’s own juices.

“Kyo!” Kagura jumped up and raced to him, pulling him away from the monster, pulling him out of the puddle of… wrongness.

Hiro leaped over the table to Kisa and held her while she cried. Rin ran to Haru and they threw themselves at each other, crying.

Ayame, Ritsu, Kureno, and Momiji sat still and in shock, unable to speak or move.

But Shigure, Yuki, and Hatori slowly walked toward the scene of violence, as the monster became smaller, and more misty, and eventually disappeared.

They all knew the curse had been lifted. And there was joy in it. But at what price?


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Ending #1.

Hatori knelt by the bloody girls, and picked up the fallen wrist, checking for any kind of pulse. He turned to face Shigure and Yuki and shook his head.

“No. No, no no no no. Please god, no!” He ran to her and held her bloodied form to him, his tears washing clear strips through the blood.

He kissed her on the lips, on the forehead. “Please, no,” he sobbed.

Hatori, meanwhile, went to attend to the other girl. She was covered in blood, and she looked like she was in shock. Hatori barked out orders to “Kill all that incense and open a window for God’s sake!” He slapped the girl’s face, and she started.

“Wha- What? I… I don’t understand,” she cried. The last male standing on the platform began to cry now, and ran to the girl, taking him in her arms, calling her name over and over.

“You’re alive, oh, thank God, you’re alive!” He cried and kissed her again and again, uncaring that he was becoming covered in the blood of the dead woman. She kissed him, and then saw the girl in Yuki’s arms.

“Hatori! You’re a doctor! You have to save her!” She pushed back Shigure from holding her, and latched on to Hatori. “She saved us all! You’ve got to do something! Bring her back! I want her back!”

Hatori looked at her sadly and said, “There’s nothing I can do.” She turned and looked at the dead girl in Yuki’s arms. “Oh no! Tohru! Tohru!”

She threw herself onto Tohru and pounded her fists against the dead girl’s chest and cried until she passed out.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


“I understand now why you wanted me to be the family head after that dinner, Akito. You believe that there would be no way for you to live any kind of life after this with the rest of the family.”

Akito looked up at the doctor with guilt in her eyes. All her life, she had never known the feeling of guilt. But from now on, they both knew, it would always be a part of her. Hopefully it would make her a better person.

“I know there was no other way. I know I did what I had to do.” She turned away from the doctor. “I tried so hard to hate her. Once I knew she was the one to save us, I tried so hard to hate her.” She got very quiet. “It would have been so much easier.”

The doctor finished his exam, and giving Akito a completely clean bill of health, said, “I understand.” He gently grasped her shoulder and said, “I hope you and Shigure will be able to have a happy life together - wherever you go.”

Akito smiled slightly up at him, and he continued on. “And just so you know, Tohru was very explicit to all of us in the letters she left for us that she knew what was coming, that she asked for it, and that she wouldn’t have changed a thing.”

“I know.”

Hatori bent down and kissed her on the forehead. “Good luck, Akito.”

Akito smiled sadly and exited to her long-lost, newly-found love, as they left to begin the life that they had both dreamed of for so long.



ENDING #2

Hatori knelt by the bloody girls, and picked up the fallen wrist, checking for any kind of pulse. He turned to face Shigure and Yuki and shook his head.

“No. No, no no no no. Please god, no!” He ran to her and held her bloodied form to him, his tears washing clear strips through the blood.

He kissed her on the lips, on the forehead. “Please, no,” he sobbed.

Hatori, meanwhile, went to attend to the other girl. She was covered in blood, and she looked like she was in shock. Hatori barked out orders to “Kill all that incense and open a window for God’s sake!” He slapped the girl’s face, and she started.

“Wha- What? I… I don’t understand,” she cried. The last male standing on the platform began to cry now, and ran to the girl, taking him in her arms, calling her name over and over.

“You’re alive, oh, thank God, you’re alive!” He cried and kissed her again and again, uncaring that he was becoming covered in the blood of the dead woman.

“But she said…” She pushed back the man holding her. “Yuki, no. *I* was supposed to be the one sacrificed.” She turned and looked at the dead goddess in Shigure’s arms. “Oh no! Akito! Akito!” She latched onto Shigure and Akito and cried until she passed out.

X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


Tohru-chan,

By now the ritual is concluded, and if you’re getting this letter then I didn’t chicken out, and I am dead. You see, the blood didn’t have to be that of a virgin, or he wouldn’t have been able to fuck you before drinking. So it just made sense.

I told you before that if I had to die, I wanted my family to have someone to care for them as much as you do. And if you were to die, well… part of me likes to think that I’d have cared for them like that, but I’ve seen me, and I just don’t think so.

I knew death was coming for me. And finally, I understood. You can’t outrun it. You can’t escape it. But you can LIVE.

For the last three days, since we planned this, for the first time in my life, I felt like I was truly alive. Thank you for that.

As much as they probably don’t believe it, I really did love them all, in my own way. I wish… I wish I had met you earlier in my life - perhaps things would have been different. Then again, maybe I would have always been as selfish as I am.

Even now, I’m hoping that they will mourn me, just a little bit.

I know you will, Tohru.

Forgive me for my deception, and LIVE!
Akito


X x x x x . x x x . x x x x


The funeral was well attended. And for the first time in their history, every one of the inner circle cried. For the first time, and the last, now that the curse was lifted.