Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Duct Tape ❯ Duct Tape ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: This is my first Fruits Basket fanfiction. I’m not sure how "in character" everyone is but this scene popped into my head when I was reading volume four of the manga and here it is.

Oh and I don’t own any of the Fruits basket characters. (As much as I wish I did.)

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~

 

Duct Tape

(A Fruits Basket One Shot)

Ayame had decided to visit Shigure’s house once again. Unfortunately for the rest of the people staying there, he had immediately started in on a long story involving a recent customer of his shop. Only Shigure, used to him and to his stories, was able to ignore Ayame and concentrate on reading his paper.

"Sothenittoldhimwedidhaveitinpinkbuthesaidhehadtohaveitinpinksois aidthatwehadanicerosebuthesaidthathehadtohaveitinpinkbecauseheoldherblahbla hbalhblahbalhbalh……."

Kyo, Tohru, and Yuki where listening and watching with the sort of morbid fascination one normally would reserve for train wrecks.

"I didn’t know it was possible to love hearing yourself talk this much." Kyo muttered under his breath. Ayame didn’t seem to notice.

"Umm…" Tohru looked between them confused. Yuki simply sat, a dark cloud hanging over him. After a few more minuets the Rat got up and walked out of the room. Tohru blinked and looked after him. She was just beginning to wonder if she should go after him when he returned. The young man walked over and stood behind his brother until he was noticed.

"Yuki what are you doi…mumph!" Everyone stared at the large piece of duct tape that now covered Ayame’s mouth.

"Y..yuki-kun?" Tohru stammered out as Yuki once again left, this time with Kyo staring after him.

"Dammit, Why did I think of that!?" the Cat demanded before standing and following him out of the room. Shigure looked up from his paper.

"Well that certainly was different." He commented.

 

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~

A/N: I am dedicating this one-shot to my little sister because A) she likes to talk just like Ayame does and once had someone put tape over her mouth and B) Because she got the idea stuck in my head by complaining how annoying Ayame’s stories where after she read manga.

And for the record she was my Beta for this piece.