Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Every Single One ❯ Heartache ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: Heartache
 
A/N: Hi there everyone! :) I told you that I would have this, if you can even call it, chapter up by today. It is extremely short, I know this, but I felt it was needed to transition from one stage of Tohru's personality to the next stage. A filler chapter, if you want to call it that. I hope that you like it and please leave a review! :D
 
~*~
 
A week…She had been without the Sohma's for a whole week. Her heart still ached for them…She had to start all over again with their relationships, and she was unable to see Shigure, Hatori, Ayame, Kisa, Hiro, Ritsu, Rin, or Kagura…She missed them so much.
 
She had told herself last Monday that she would be strong and able to do this. That she would stay solid and shine through the inky blackness, but Tohru was crumbling.
 
Ba-dum. Her eyes glazed over. Ba-dum. Her body was so weak. Ba-dum, ba-dum. Her knees gave out. Ba-dum. All emotion escaped her face. Ba-dum. Tears slipped softly and quickly down her pale cheeks. Ba-dum, ba-dum.
 
…Gone…
 
…They were gone…
 
…Cold…
 
…They were cold…
 
…No…
 
…Positive words…
 
…Unable… …To smile…
 
 
 
~*~
 
A/N: Done and finished; short and sweet, or so I hope! ^ ^' I hope you enjoyed, please tell me if you did or if you did not. Well, here is the preview for next chapter, which will be longer:
 
Chapter Seven: Broken Promises
 
It's Monday and Tohru doesn't go to school, her mind is too mentally damaged by pain. Yet, she does come to grips with the fact that Kyo is now the number one person in her heart. Along with this, Tohru's cousin notices the change in behavior from the first time that Tohru stayed with them and now, making her suspicious. Finally, Tohru visits her mother's grave and meets up with Uo and Hana.
 
There it is; I hope that keeps you interested. Oh, and I would like to say thank you to all of my reviewers, whether you have already reviewed or not! Your reviews mean so much to me, thank you! Until next chapter…
 
~Lily~