Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Every Single One ❯ Hurtful Truths ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Thirteen: Hurtful Truths
 
A/N: Just want to say thanks to everyone who is reading this and to any reviewers out there. : ) Now, on to the story:
 
(-)-(-)
 
Night weaved its way around two shadowed figures. One-a female-with brown hair that was, for the most part, straight and almond eyes the color of melted chocolate; eyes so sweet and innocent that they portrayed who she was so perfectly. The other-a male-who's orange hair and fierce crimson eyes came off as rough and cold. Yet, appearances always betray the inner soul.
 
Clouds hid the light, which would have been cast by the moon. The rain splattered down upon the couple. Each water droplet was like a tear, which fell helplessly over their hearts. Souls laden with fears and sorrowful truths, like dagger, stabbed and twisted into each of their hearts…Each word bled with undeniable virtue.
 
Tohru's eyes were sullen, drops of rain slipped down her cheeks, as she watched Kyo. She reached out her wet hand, “Kyo, please, tell me what you wanted to talk about. Remember, I always want us to be together, and I want to listen to any problems you have. Please! Kyo!” Her hand wrapped itself around his.
 
Kyo's once intense eyes softened with despair. His hand subconsciously tightened around hers. Then-he came closer to her-step by step, until he was so close, he could easily have kissed her. But, no such movement was made, yet at such a close proximity, Tohru could see every blue-tinted tear that was squeezed out of his fire-colored eyes.
 
His voice was low and his tone was covered in anguish. Kyo untwined their once locked fingers, only to sensually skim his fingers over the exposed skin of Tohru's left arm and shoulder. Where upon he rested his hand and, in much the same manner, brought his other hand to rest on her right shoulder.
 
“Kyo…What are you doing?” Her voice took on a tone that no one had ever heard escape from Tohru's lips before-longing and lust.
 
He brought himself as close as he could to her. His warm breathe fluttered over her icy skin. The sensation and the closeness had caused both of their eyelids to grow heavy. With every inch that he inclined his head nearer to hers, Tohru felt a shiver of anticipation shock her. Finally, his lips hovered right above hers. Every part of them wet from the rain.
 
“Let me just do…this one thing while I still can. Let me kiss you…before you hate me. Let me kiss you…while you still love me, and when that love is still real, not some hurtful delusion.” With that, Kyo's lips had stopped their movement, only to capture hers.
 
Tears, of both joy and pain, flowed freely down their skin; released due to the power and passion behind the long awaited kiss. Each tear mingled with the rain that splattered loudly around them and seemed to almost create a flamed ice prison that protected them from the haunted black of the night.
 
All the hate and all the sadness that had ever befallen Kyo was poured into the heated kiss. All the locked up and lascivious emotions the two had for the other over the years-were now known. Kyo nibbled crazily, and yet, gently upon Tohru's lower lip. Thus, Tohru submitted herself fully to him. Her mouth opened and Kyo's tongue tenderly caressed the crevices of Tohru's moth, which made her moan, just so. Then he pulled away, yet his kisses were not finished.
 
His lips strayed from Tohru's own and trailed down to her jaw line. He kissed frantically along her jaw and along her neck, while Tohru's breath became shallower and small moans slipped over her pink lips. The assault upon her neck continued, until Tohru gasped, for Kyo had bitten down, only just, on to the tender flesh, which left a mark. His eyes locked with Tohru's and showed his nerves.
 
Tohru smiled, but reassured him, only when she had placed her own lips on his. It was now her turn, as her tongue savagely attacked Kyo's. As her tongue wandered his mouth and made him moan. Her kisses paved a path across his jaw bone and along his neck, which had caused Kyo to no longer moan, but rather, purr. Yet, the purr was soon replaced with a gasp, as Tohru delicately bit down on the easily bruised skin of Kyo's neck. It had made a copy of the mark that lay on Tohru's own neck.
 
Thus, the minutes of pure attraction passed them, nevertheless the moment between the two had yet to be over. The marks that now scarred their bodies were not thought of in any perverse way. Each knew what the mark was for; both knew that it was meant to mark their souls. The known fact that hurtful truths were soon to be said, and should the pure and true love that they had in their hearts, be replaced by hate…their souls would forever bear the whole of their love for the other, by a mark imprinted much deeper than the skin.
 
Silently Tohru settled her head in the nape of Kyo's neck, careful of where she let the rest of her body lat against him. “Tell me, Kyo; tell me the secret that you've held inside for so long. Tell me the secret that you think…will make me hate you.”
 
A sad sigh was emitted from his mouth, yet, words came as well, “It's all my fault that you mother died…”
 
He took a shaky breath and continued, “I had been walking on the sidewalk and had seen you mother-the one person I had sworn to myself that I would never see again. After all, I had been unable to find you, instead…Yuki did. Your mother had been the first person to ever trust me…and I failed. I thought that I would be incapable of ever facing her again.” Here Kyo stopped. His voice held no anger or resentment like it would have when he and Tohru had “first” met. His voice was an over flow of melancholy that only dripped slightly with relief.
 
“But, there she was. I could have reached out and touched her that was how close she had been to me…And, I watched, cemented to the spot…As that car came and hit right into her. Your mother could have been saved! Yet, I had been too afraid. Too afraid that the Sohma family secret would be known to the public, so I didn't do a thing, I did nothing…but run away to the mountains. I had been selfish…and I could have sworn…that your mother had said…Said that her death had been all my fault. Do you think it was all my fault, Tohru-chan?” Tears streamed down Kyo's face.
 
“Kyo, that doesn't sound like my mother-I think your mind played a trick on you. But, even if my mother did blame you…I never could. I never could! Because…because…” Here Tohru's voice dropped off.
 
Silence greeted them until Tohru spoke again, “There are some things about your family that I think you should know, Kyo, Akito-san is female and Shigure-san knows something about the curse and how to break it.”
 
His eyes widened, “What?”
 
“That isn't all-Kureno-san and Momiji-kun are no longer cursed-I don't know about the others. But I do know about you being imprisoned and that is why I have been trying to break the curse. That is why I know that we must stay together!”
 
“Why are you telling me these things? It is because of what I just told you. Your heart can't love me anymore, so you can't say those three cursed words to me. The love that you have for me-” He paused as he nuzzled his face into the nape of her neck. His lips grazed over the mark he had only just made, “The love that you have for me…is nothing short of a delusion.” A tear from Kyo's dull red eyes dropped onto Tohru's neck and glided over Tohru's newly made mark.
 
Her eyes closed and she took a deep breath, “No matter how much you may not think you want to hear this, I know you do. I love you, Kyo! I love you so much! Please…” Tohru felt her body crumble to the ground, hair stuck around her pale face. Tohru lifted her head slightly and looked into Kyo's eyes, she saw the timorous glint in them, and watched as Kyo's body fled from the site. “Don't leave me…” Kyo's orange head of hair disappeared into the rain that, now, poured down upon the dreary earth.
 
Her fingers brushed over the love bite on her neck. It pulsed with their faithful, yet accursed love.
 
(-)-(-)
 
A/N: Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I think it might be one of my favorites. Well, it seems that I dipped back into the angst. Oh, and in all honesty, Kyo and Tohru weren't suppose to kiss at all, but I'm glad that I made them, the chapter would have been boring if they hadn't.
 
Anyway, the whole thing with Kyo and Tohru's mother is true to Chapter 12o of Furuba and so is Kyo's proclamation of Tohru's love for him being a delusion. The same goes for Kyo taking off on her, but the rest is all my own, for the only kiss between Kyo and Tohru, is in Chapter 122 and Tohru is nearly dead due to a deep head injury. So…Please read and review and tell me what you think. :D Oh, and before I forget, here is the preview for the next chapter:
 
Chapter Fourteen: Never Written
 
Tohru searches out Kyo and clears up the whole mess that had formed between them. With that set, Tohru decides to act on her plan, so, she asks Kyo to inform the Sohma's of a picnic that would take place the next day. She asks him to try and make it so that Akito doesn't find out, yet they both know it to be impossible.
 
Thanks again!
 
-Lily-