Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Every Single One ❯ Never Written ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Fourteen: Never Written
 
A/N: I don't have much to say here. I just want to thank all my readers and reviewers. Enjoy. : )
 
(-)-(-)
 
Large water droplets from the black sky washed over Tohru's petite frame. Her body crumpled to the ground and her eyes were a blank brown sheet. Her heart bled as she let him leave her-alone. She never wanted to be alone again, but here she was, without the one person that she cared for the most. She felt so numb.
 
Her body was frozen to any pain that she thought she would have felt. There was no pain of a broken heart and no fear of the loneliness that surrounded her. In a sluggish way, with pale fingers, Tohru touched the wet ground that her, now dirtied, body sat upon. Long and pale fingers twisted themselves around the mud and grass and mashed together in her hands. Such a thing was done, to prove that she was, in fact, alive. She was alive…
 
Such a thought as that brought Tohru from her daze. Her brown eyes gained warmth once more and her body picked itself off of the ground. Rain continued to pour down upon her, but her soul no longer felt it, and her heart no longer bled. She would go after Kyo…just like she had so long ago…
 
With each step, Tohru's legs seemed to get heavier, as she followed the path that Kyo had taken. Her body fueled on the fact that she was alive, that she had a voice, that she could finally put Kyo's soul to ease. She could break the curse! On and on she traveled through the park, until, she found Kyo. He looked broken and tired and scared…He looked so alone.
 
“You don't have to be alone anymore, Kyo. I'm here for you. I won't blame you for anything, I won't cast you away, I won't hurt. Please, Kyo…Please, let me just stay by your side…Always.” The words softly left her bluish-tinted lips. Tohru felt her body, as it crept ever closer to Kyo, her arms moved forward-they wished to bring comfort to him.
 
Kyo took a deep sigh. “I…don't…deserve…all…that.” He struggled; it sounded as if, the words came out against his own will. It was at that moment that Tohru realized that he had so much trouble because of the rain. The rain always wore him out, yet, why wasn't he like this before? Could it be that the curse had started to weaken? The thought encouraged Tohru to help Kyo as much as she possibly could. She wouldn't allow it to end like this.
 
“Don't say that Kyo. Please…” Her voice was weak, but no tears fell. Instead, she moved ever nearer to him, her heart thumped loudly and crazily, in her chest. She was only inches away from him now, “I need you, Kyo. I'm the one who doesn't deserve you.” She touched his hand…and the fire that had once burned so brightly in his eyes returned.
 
His eyes alit and fierce as he reached out and pulled her to him, no tears came down from his eyes and no words were said. Yet, Tohru felt as Kyo tensed up and then relaxed; a look of relief claimed his face. The bracelet that he had to wear upon his arm broke apart of its own accord. Each bead heavily dropped to the sodden earth below and the sound of their contact seemed to vibrate around the two individuals. All was silent.
 
The curse had released Kyo. It was a fact that Tohru could quickly tell, due to the arms that still encircled her. Yet, no pain had befallen Kyo like the others, just a sigh of relief…freedom. It was at that moment that Kyo and Tohru knew….
 
Knew that everything would be alright.
 
(-)-(-)
 
“A picnic?” Shigure sounded surprised as Kyo told him such a thing.
 
Kyo just let out a frustrated sigh. “Yeah, don't ask why, just tell everyone that there will be a picnic tomorrow at the park near by. Got it?” He really didn't want to deal with all of this. Yet, he had promised Tohru that he would tell Shigure. She told him that she just wanted the zodiac members to show up, yet, they both knew that Akito was bound to come; bound to bring some form of displeasure and pain.
 
“Fine, fine, I'll be sure to tell everyone. But, why do you always have to be so mean Kyo?” The question was asked in a very fake and hurt voice.
 
Kyo just felt his anger rise, with every word that Shigure said, his self control weakened. “Just shut the hell up! Like it's any of your damn business anyway, ya dumb dog!” After he said that he felt his body walk away. He couldn't deal with Shigure's games at that time. He just wanted to be alone. He just wanted to think.
 
As he sat on the roof, the light began to fade, for the day's end was near. Night was to come soon, but, that didn't bother Kyo one bit. Instead, he just continued to stare down at the fake beads on his arm; the fake bracelet that he had to wear in order to keep up the image that the curse was still upon him. The rain had ended long ago, and Tohru had helped him buy this new bracelet.
 
It looked exactly like the real thing; nevertheless, Kyo knew that these beads weren't painted the orange-red color by blood. He knew that they weren't made of bones, but of wood, he understood all of this. So why…Why did he still feel so trapped? Why did he still feel as if the curse hung around his wrists like heavy chains? Why did he still feel so bound to something that no longer existed?
 
Night consumed the sky.
 
(-)-(-)
 
Shigure felt himself smile. Kyo had some kind of plan, and those beads on his wrist were not real, that meant that he remembered Tohru. So, she must have come up with the plan to begin with, what a sneaky girl she had become. Oh well, it all worked out in the end for him, it should all go right as planned. The smile turned into a smirk. How wonderful this night was. How truly wonderful!
 
Blue light of the moon illuminated Shigure's face. Shadows played across his features and loomed dangerously in his eyes, so dark. Despite how he looked, his voice contradicted any such hidden intentions, as he informed each and every cursed (or should he say non-cursed) Sohma member of the picnic over the phone. The only one left that needed to find out now…was Akito. He would not inform her over the phone, rather, he would tell her in person. Yes, that would complicate things…
 
Without a word to the other two male occupants of the household, Shigure walked out into the night. The pale moon full as it enchanted him ever onward-enchained him like a leash to a dog. The chain pulled tightly by his master-his goddess. Shigure was delighted to be the dog of the zodiac, though, he would not deny how freedom tasted sweet…sugary sweet, like strawberries.
 
“Night time is the best time.” He let out a short and harsh laugh as he looked at the, now, clear night sky; inky black and filled with stars that would glow for eternity. Shigure had always preferred the blackness of night to the bright light of day. Each step he took toward the Sohma Main House echoed through the still air, each echo broke through the crisp air like glass. Street lamps all seemed dim in comparison to the full radiance of the moon.
 
Not before long Shigure stood outside of Akito's room. No one knew he was here, for, everyone was asleep. Oblivious in their slumber; he slid the door open and entered Akito's room. “Why are you here?”
 
The sharp question came from the futon, in the corner of the room, a small bundle of fabrics moved. It was quite easy to tell that the bundle was none other than Akito; she looked as if she had been ready for sleep, but he could feel that sleep was unable to befall her. Tonight she would be doomed to gain no rest. “I come to tell you something…intriguing, Akito. Nothing else, I assure you.” His typical smile was now in place.
 
Her eyes shifted-eyes dark like the night that enclosed them-he fragile and thing fingers-pale like the moon-clutched the blankets that engulfed her body. Even though both air and wind were warm, Shigure understood that Akito was cold, she would always be cold. No matter how much warmth one tried to place upon her, her iciness blocked such things away. “What is it then?”
 
He took large steps and made his way to Akito's side. He only stopped once his body rested next to hers. Her eyes were small in size because of the surprised action. He was unfazed and just twisted one arm around her thin waist. The cloths of her kimono smooth under his touch and bunched up under his wishes. As his left arm was wrapped tightly around her body, his right arm trailed up hers. It crept slowly…it taunted her skin, with each contact his fingers made, sent shivers over Akito's flesh. The movement ended once Akito's hand was laced with his own. By now, Akito's sinister eyes were blank-glazed over in entrancement; she could simply bend to any word Shigure said. He would use her like a puppet.
 
“Tomorrow, they will all betray you. They will all leave you, their goddess; they will all flock toher. That monster…that Honda Tohru…the zodiac members will all leave you. Alone, but not me, I will stay by your side always, Akito. Come with me tomorrow and let me show you how much I am devoted to you and no one else.” No verbal responds came from Akito's thin lips, just a nod of her head. She moved just as if Shigure had pulled the strings from above her. His body was overcome by the said power trip.
 
Deep red lips glided over creamy white skin. The contrast stood out among the darkness. Hands trailed along the weak body of Akito and each touch made lustful emotions swell up within said person. Eyes once blank now filled with passion. Lips, once upon skin, now upon other lips, fingers teased the most sensitive areas, and an overflow of moans and gasps slipped off of a normally ruthless tongue.
 
The plan was set. What was once unwritten…was now chiseled into stone.
 
(-)-(-)
 
A/N: That's the end of the chapter, everyone, I hope you enjoyed it. At first I thought I wouldn't like this chapter all that much and, truthfully, I don't like the part with Kyo and Tohru. Yet, no matter how many times I wrote it, nothing seemed to work. In the end, that is what will stay, oh well. -.- I'm overly pleased with the Akito/Shigure part though, and it is all thanks to my awesome and new Hellsing OST. Please read and review and tell me what you think of the chapter. Oh, and sorry for the long wait, my obsession with Furuba was lost to my new obsession with Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. But, don't worry, I'll finish this story. Mata ne. : D Preview:
 
Chapter Fifteen: Loyalties
 
The picnic starts off rather awkward, but soon, everything flows normally (or as normally as the Sohma family can be). That is, until, Akito decides to show up. All that is kept away comes to the front. Just who will the zodiac members choose: Akito or Tohru?
 
Until next time.
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-