Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ From Heaven to Hell ❯ Truth Revealed ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Finally able to update chapter 6! Thank you to all reviewers, you've been very faithful to this story. Oh and to tell the truth, I got some ideas from X-men 3: the last stand for this story haha. This is the chapter in which part of the mystery is gonna make sense so enjoy!
 
Chapter 6 Truth Revealed?
 
It is hard in life to know whether to trust the people you love, when things go wrong, you lose faith and trust in a certain person. How or when you might gain that trust back, is unknown….
 
“Hana, are you alright?” Tohru asked sitting next to her.
 
“No I'm not, I nearly killed you, Uo and I nearly poisoned you to death, Tohru, how can I be okay?” Hana answered staring at the ground.
 
“We do realise you're not yourself lately but you got to tell us why.” Uo looked at Hana with pity.
 
“Even if I did, you would never believe me…”
 
“That's not true…please tell us Hana.” Tohru pleaded.
 
“Tell us why you're jumping off the ship all the time.” Kyo suggested.
 
“Because I'm trying to kill myself.” Hana's answer gave everybody a shock.
 
“Hana!” Uo stood up and walked around the room numerous times.
 
“Why?” Tohru tried to calm down.
 
“There's something inside of me, I don't know how to explain it, but it's got bad waves, very bad, it's using my psychic powers to move in and out of my body, it sense it is a spirit but I can't see it. The only thing I can tell is the voices I hear inside of my head all the time. Tohru, I just want to tell you, it wasn't me who wanted to kill you, and same with you Uo, it's the spirit…it's controlling me and I can't stop it, it's too powerful. So before the spirit comes back, you need to listen to me carefully. Since I've tried jumping off the ship, the spirit, I don't know how this happens but before I can feel the water touching my feet, I'm transported into another room on board the ship.” Hana explained as the rest listened carefully with caution.
 
“Oh my gosh, is that true?” Uo gave her a sarcastic look.
 
Hana nodded in response.
 
“But how can we save you, Hana?” Tohru asked.
 
“You can't, Please, I don't have much time, but you can't trust me anymore.”
 
“Are you serious…oh man not another spirit….so what are we going to do?” Kyo questioned.
 
“You have to…you have to…I think the only solution is you have to …”
 
“Yes?” Kyo was eager to hear.
 
“K-Kill me before I kill you.” Hana instructed.
 
“No, no, that's stupid, there has to be another way…Hana, stay strong for us!” Uo begged.
 
“I can't, soon I'm gonna be taken over by the spirit.”
 
“Hana, you can't leave us…” Tohru whispered.
 
“Do me a favour…don't trust me whatever I do after this conversation, I'll miss you guys.” Hana gave them a look of despair.
 
“Times up ladies…and gentlemen.” The security guard added as Kyo gave him an angry expression.
 
Before they left, Tohru turned around and gave one last look at Hana who shared a hopeful look which kind of meant. `Don't forget what I said.'
 
~*~
 
“Finally, I'm gonna get outta this damn stinky prison.” Hana snickered as she focused her mind on the lock of the door causing it to magically unlock for her so that she could escape. She opened the door casually and looked around for any security guards.
 
“HEY, take one more step and you're gonna get shot!” A voice called out.
 
Hana turned around sharply to see a wimpy guard holding a gun.
 
“Really? You think so?” Hana replied coldly as she focused on the gun, narrowing her eyes which made it snap into half then crumble into pieces right in front of the guard.
 
“How-how'd you do that?” He stuttered, letting down his guard and stepping back.
 
“You don't need to know that, it's a secret.” Hana gave a menacing laugh and concentrated on his heart, making it stop slowly. The security guard fell to the ground, gasping for air, as his heart came to a stop, he drifted away and died there on the spot.
 
“Now, time to get to the real stuff.” Hana laughed evilly as she walked down the hallway, breaking everything around her that was small which made loud noises as she passed them.
 
~*~
 
Tohru and Uo explained everything to the others as soon as they got back.
 
“Unbelievable!” Shigure explained.
 
“Oh my…this is something new.” Ayame joined in.
 
“A spirit…hmm…but what spirit?” Yuki asked.
 
“Not sure, Hana can't tell but…she says that we can't trust her anymore.” Tohru replied.
 
“So the only solution to this is to kill Hana before she kills us.” Kyo added.
 
“And I don't think I can do that, I don't want to kill my best friend.” Uo announced.
 
“But she's not your best friend; she's an evil spirit inside the body of your best friend.” Rin commented.
 
“Still it's going to be too hard for me and Tohru.” Uo objected.
 
“But you have to do it in order to save her? Even though it sounds bad that you have to kill her to save her but its true.” Kyo encouraged Tohru and Uo.
 
“Kyo's right, sometimes you got to be cruel to be kind.” Shigure pointed out.
 
“Okay, but please can I have some time to think this through, right now I don't have enough strength and courage to face her, not to mention, kill her.” Tohru said quietly.
 
“Sure but keep in mind that she could come after us anytime, anywhere, we got to stick together.” Ayame stood up and lifted his hand as if he was the leader.
 
“And find out who this particular `spirit' is.” Shigure added with a cheesy grin.
 
“I don't think you need to be smiling right now.” Haru looked at them weirdly.
 
“Okay fine, but this is the plan, Aya, you stick with Yuki and Momiji. Kyo can look after these two young ladies here and I, Shigure will watch over Haru and Rin.” Shigure decided while Kyo glared at Shigure for calling Tohru and Uo young ladies.
 
“You mean Tohru and Yankee.” Kyo corrected before hitting Shigure's head.
 
~*~
 
Uo sat outside on the deck chair sipping lemonade and staring at the night sky; a blanket of black and shiny stars. There was nothing out there but continuous water since they were in the Pacific Ocean. Tohru followed Uo and stared at her, Uo's face was normally cheerful, tough, cool and with such attitude that it never occurred to Tohru that she would be upset this much; of course she understood why Uo was upset.
 
“Hey Uo, you alright?”
 
“Sure, I guess.” She replied with no confidence.
 
“So…I prepared some dinner for you, since you decided to skip it.”
 
“Nah, you shouldn't have, besides I'm not very hungry.”
 
“Oh well, I'll just place it in the fridge for tomorrow..”
“But who could waste such good and tasty food?” Uo forced a smile as she took the plate of rice, sashimi, tempura vegetables, sauce and warm miso soup.
 
“Thanks Tohru.”
 
“Your welcome, it was easy making dinner anyway.”
“I meant, thanks for cheering my up with food so it can distract me from my misery.” Uo gave a small laugh.
 
“Sure, no problem, as long as your okay..”
 
“Well to tell you the truth, I'm not really okay right now. You know I feel as if I'm losing one of my best friends, I've only got you and Hana and now, if she leaves, I'll only have you, which isn't a bad thing but I don't want Hana to go so soon.” Uo interrupted.
 
“I know how you feel because I feel the same way.” Tohru gave her a warm smile.
 
“So how are we supposed to kill her anyway?” Uo asked.
 
“I'm not so sure, I really don't think I'll have enough in me to do such a thing, I mean after my incident with Akito.”
 
“What incident, and who's Akito?” Uo looked confused.
 
“Oh nothing.” Tohru quickly shut her mouth forgetting that Uo didn't know about the Sohma family curse and the thing with Tohru poisoning Akito…
 
“Wait, I get it!” Tohru exclaimed.
 
“Get what?”
 
“Umm…I forgot.” Tohru lied.
 
“Okay… Well I'm going to bed now, thanks for the food.”
 
“Goodnight.” Tohru called back.
 
Once Uo was out of her sight, Tohru ran to Yuki and Kyo's suite first since it was closer. She knocked on the door hoping that they weren't asleep.
 
“Who is it?” Kyo's voice groaned.
 
“Me, Tohru, Sorry Kyo.” She apologised.
 
“What's wrong, is everything alright?”
 
“Kyo, I- I managed to figure out who the spirit is.” Tohru said as Yuki appeared behind him catching Tohru's recent words.
 
“Miss, Honda, who is it?” Yuki asked.
 
“I think, it's Akito.”
 
~*~
 
“Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm happy to announce that our arrival to Miami is going to be earlier than expected. Perhaps our ship will reach the port by 11am tomorrow. Unfortunately we may or we will surpass a rough storm along the way so I suggest you all stay indoors as there might be some rainfall, strong wind and rough seas or even minor hail. Thank you and have a good night.” The captain spoke.
 
~*~
 
“No, I can't do this anymore, I have to-to- push against this evil spirit force-“ Hana returned to her own self as she struggled to use her wave detection power as a force field against the thing that was trying to get into her again so it could control her.
 
“Leave me ALONE!” Hana shouted out loudly, she was staggering and trying to walk straight without crashing into someone or something. Already guards were on the chase trying to find her, knowing that she, had murdered another guard and that she, had escaped the ship's prison.
 
“I have to get out of here, I have to get off this ship but I can't wait that long, we won't be arriving in Miami till tomorrow, I don't have enough time to fight against the evil.” She started to sweat as just using too much of her wave powers were making her extremely tired and dizzy. She felt very unwell and she needed sleep since she hadn't been resting for the past few days but if she did fall asleep then the spirit would take over fully and it would do something terrible to all her friends and Hana knew that never in her life, could she risk that, unless she was too weak.
 
“Maybe if I try jumping off the ship again using my force-field, it'll help me protect against the evil inside of me.” Hana thought as she placed her hands on the edge railing.
 
“Don't be scared Hana, it's for your own good, it's for your friends, you're just wasting time standing here trying to think of a solution without doing anything, come on just move.” She spoke to herself.
 
`Please let this work, at least let me rid the spirit from my body when I drown.'
 
Hana lifted one foot, stood on the side and stepped onto the opposite side then did the same with the other foot until she was in position to let go. She used all her strength to push off as her fingers slipped slowly off the railing and she felt herself falling through the cold rushing air.
Suddenly her body froze, it was so cold, it was unbearable, she realised that she had landed in the sea. Then she was pushed by a great force of bubbles, it was the ship in front of her, it was so big that the turbines were so powerful. She was drifting away from the cruise ship, further and further. It was so frightening, the water was black, and she couldn't see anything but the light of the ship and who knew what was under her. Could've been large fish, jellyfish, poisonous creatures, manta rays, whales or even worse sharks.
 
Hana started to weep, it was as if the ship had thrown her off and abandoned her to fight for her life but in reality it was her trying to die in order to make the spirit go away and leave her best friends in peace and safety.
 
`Okay Hana, you can't drown if you don't go under the water, come on hurry up, don't be a ruthless coward.' She thought.
 
Then she gazed at the scene around her, hoping it was the last time that she would ever see the earth. She dived into the water with tears in her eyes, she would do anything for her friends, and she owed them that much for accepting her back then when she was new at their school. She wanted to make sure that they knew she cared for them as much as they cared for her.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: So I guess there was quite a lot of information in that chapter, oh well, hope you're catching on alright. Any questions you need to ask me about this story? Don't hesitate to ask! Please Review too!