Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Fruits Basket Tales ❯ A Fruits Basket Tale 2: The Curse of the Canary and Tohru's Twin Sister!?!?!?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the animes involved, nor am I the original creator of the Mary Sues featured. If you found that your Sue was lampooned in this fic, then oh well should have spared me your stupidity.

A Fruits Basket Tale 2:

The Curse of the Canary and Tohru's twin sister?!?!

by Ariyana

Kyo was in a particularly good mood as he walked home alone. He had finally beaten the rat at something. The expression on the rat's face as the Mary Sue went down by dictionary was priceless. Kyo was still gloating over his small victory as he walked up to the house. The first thing he noticed was that Hatori's car was parked out just a short distance away.

"Oh great what the hell is Hatori doing here?" he asked himself annoyed. Kyo felt his good mood drain away as he entered the house. Immediately he was greeted with a loud booming voice.

"Kyo~o!" Momiji shouted happily.

"What are you doing here? Don't I see enough of you at school already?!" Kyo snapped angrily.

"Kyo don't you remember, Tomoya is going to be living here. I wanted to say hi to her." Momiji said innocently.

"Tomoya? Who the.." before Kyo could finish his question a girl with red hair and mismatched eyes came into the hallway.

"Kyo~o!" the unknown girl said excitedly as she ran and hugged him. To his horror nothing happened.

"Oh crap!" Kyo thought instantly. "This is not happening again!"

"Kyo-kun are you coming to join us for tea? I just made some," she asked pulling Kyo into the living room. Hatori and Shigure were having a normal conversation as Momiji and Tomoya sat down and started having a lively conversation. Kyo wasn't sure how to react to this one. He knew he should play along before the girl wise up to him but he was so shocked by her.

"So when do I get to meet Honda-san?" Tomoya asked excitedly.

Kyo instantly narrowed his eyes at her. What was she planning for Tohru? He already didn't like this girl. Not only was she textbook Mary Sue but she acted like Momiji.

"Tohru-kun is working tonight but you should be able to meet her later tonight." Shigure announced happily.

Kyo looked at Shigure with great contempt what the hell was wrong with these people. Did they forget about the girl who turned up, called herself a member of the zodiac and then promptly tried to kill Tohru?

--------------------------

The days that followed were the worst for Kyo and Yuki as not only had Tomoya, the apparent canary of the zodiac curse made herself at home but Tohru's "twin sister", Alex also appeared. She looked and acted pretty much like Tohru minus the klutz attacks and well for some reason she could hug the zodiac guys without anyone transforming. Alex also had more sparkling eyes and shinier hair than Tohru. Tomoya and Alex were instantly the best of friends. Between the two of them they had effectively taken over the house. They traded off cooking and cleaning. Tohru didn't seem to mind the girls at all.

Anytime Yuki or Kyo tried to speak to Tohru, Alex or Tomoya or both girls would interrupt and take over the conversation. At school Tomoya and Alex were instantly the most popular girls in school. It just never ended. Kyo had to wonder if he and the Rat were the only ones who noticed Mary Sues. Kyo found himself in the foulest of moods as he approached home by himself. He dreaded the idea of going home especially since Alex and Tomoya just seem to appear at home without the effort of walking. He was lost in deep thoughts of how to rid himself of these horrid Mary Sues.

"Kyo-kun!" a familiar voice rung out interrupting Kyo's thoughts. He turned to see Kagura just before she glomped him. "I'm so glad you're okay. That Tomoya girl and that Alex girl haven't been trying to come on to you have they?" Kagura asked jealousy flaming in her eyes.

Kyo could have kissed Kagura right then and there. He grumbled slightly to cover his inward smile as he answered. "Yeah they have. Alex even tried to get into my room last night." Kyo lied. Alex had shown more interest in Yuki than in him and well Tomoya only had eyes for Momiji and Hatsuharu but what Kagura didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

"I'll kill them!" Kagura said enraged as she took off toward the house. Kyo just stood and watched as the smile grew on his face. The next thing he heard was music to his ears. The screams of two girls came ringing out of the house as Tohru walked up beside him.

"I guess I owe Kagura-chan a big dinner after all." Tohru said lightly.

"What?" Kyo asked confused.

"I hope you don't mind that I told Kagura that she had two new rivals." Tohru said smiling.

Kyo facefaulted as he heard Tohru's words.

"But you have been acting so unaffected around them...." Kyo trailed off as he saw the smile that Tohru gave him.

"My mother raised me to be kind and generous but she didn't raise me to be a fool. I'm not sharing with any Mary Sue." Tohru said simply as she walked toward the house satisfied with her actions. Kyo stood in shock. "Did Tohru just outsmart two Mary Sues?"