Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Furuba Love Stories ❯ Momiji and Tohru ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket.
Chapter 11: Tohru and Momiji
Setting: Momiji has a surprise for Tohru on White Day…again. Pure fluff!
"Tohru!" Momiji ran into Shigure's house at full force, slamming the door home on its runners. "Happy White Day, Tohru!"
Shigure was the only person in the room, though. "Hello, Momiji," he chimed. "Our little flower is in the kitchen."
"Good afternoon!" Momiji greeted back. "I have a surprise for Tohru!"
"What is it?"
"I'm taking her to the Sohma ski resort," he laughed merrily.
With a puzzled expression, his cousin put a finger to his chin. "We have one of those?"
"Yes, silly, we went there all together three years ago!" Momiji responded.
"Oh, right! How could I forget Ha'ri's hilarious attempt at skiing!" He rolled on the floor in uncontrollable laughter. "I can't wait to see Tohru try!"
Scrunching his face up, Momiji shook his head. "Nope, this time I get Tohru all to myself. The van is waiting outside for us, and I got her a snowsuit and everything, so she's all set!"
Shigure's laugher filled with evil mirth. "A romantic getaway, I see. Do Kyo and Yuki know that you are stealing our cute housekeeper and whisking her away to the mountains?"
"Uh uh! I'm not telling so they won't come. Tohru!" he called again, running to the kitchen. "Are you ready to go?"
Momiji smiled at Tohru as she looked out the window at the wintery landscape. "We're almost to the cabin," he told her excitedly, bouncing in his seat.
"Eh? This is so pretty, Momiji! I've never seen a mountain this closely before." Tohru pressed her hand against the glass and drew it back immediately, a surprised look on her face. "Ooh, it's cold!"
"Perfect hot chocolate weather," Momiji giggled back. "Look! There's the cabin."
Up ahead a large log cabin loomed in the white background. It was tall, three stories, built in the Swiss ski lodge style, a huge A-frame roof allowing the snow to slide off and accumulate under the eaves. The van turned down the drive and into the garage, so the passengers could get out. Tohru reached for her bag, but Momiji grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the car. "They'll get that for us," he explained. "I want to show you around!"
He led her into the immense lofted room in the center of the house, with a ceiling-high fireplace and cozy, fluffy couches surrounding it. Mugs of steaming cocoa were already set out with a platter of heart-shaped cookies. "Did you arrange all of this Momiji?" Tohru asked in wonder.
"Yep! I planned it out all specially for us. We have a schedule and everything." Then he pulled out his folded paper from his pocket and scanned the list. "It's `snuggly hot chocolate time' right now. Let's get started! After that we get to play in the snow, and then tonight we're going to tell ghost stories by the fire while we roast marshmallows! Tomorrow I'm going to teach you how to ski on the bunny hill!" He laughed at his little pun and hopped up and down in a very rabbit-like manner.
Tohru's head cocked to the side as she listened to the itinerary. "I think I can do all that, except I don't know any scary stories and I've never skied before. Are there other people here as well?"
"No, just us! Except for the help, of course." Momiji dropped himself onto one of the couches, knees tucked up underneath him, and patted the place next to him for Tohru to sit in. Looking only a little flustered, she joined him and picked up her mug. "Is it good? Have a cookie, too!"
"Mmm, it's very good, and the cookies look delicious."
They sat there for a while, eating sweets and talking about school and a new book that Momiji had read. Suddenly Momiji remembered his schedule and pulled it out again. "Oh, time to play in the snow. There's a snowsuit up in the room for you."
Tohru blushed and put her hands to her face. "You really did too much for me. I feel badly that you went out of your way like this!"
Ignoring her protests, Momiji leaned closer and grasped her hand, beaming into her face. "You're silly, Tohru. It was fun to plan this. Come on, let's go make a snowman."
Slowly, Tohru nodded to him and let him show her to her room. He went to change into outdoor clothes himself and then waited a bit impatiently until she came out, wearing a head to toe pink snowsuit with matching mittens, boots, and a hat, all with little white bunnies frolicking in the pattern. Tohru's face matched the outfit, as well. "This is so cute, Momiji," she said, looking down at her attire. "I love bunnies."
"I love you, too," he giggled back.
"Eh-?"
"I got us a carrot and buttons and a scarf for the snowman," he explained, cutting her off. He proffered his bundle to demonstrate and then ran down the stairs and outside, letting her follow behind. "Let's make snow angels first," he called when they got to the yard. He fell backwards in the snow and moved his arms and legs about happily. "I'm going to name mine Tohru!"
Tohru was busy making her own angel next to his. "Mine will be a Momiji angel, then. Mom and I used to do this every winter in the park across from our apartment building."
Now two angels were etched side by side in the snow, but Momiji was on to bigger and better things. He made a snowball and rolled it on the ground until it was too big to move alone. Tohru, seeming a little confused, copied his actions until there was a smaller ball of snow next to Momiji's. "Now what do we do?" she asked.
"Haven't you ever made a snowman before?"
Tohru shook her head sadly and stared at the snowballs. Momiji just laughed and started trying to lift Tohru's snowball on top of his. Between the both of them they managed. Out of breath, they both sat down. "That was hard," Tohru breathed.
"Now we have to make a head!" He jumped up, rejuvenated a bit in his excitement to get the snowman all finished, and ran a trail of snow through the lawn until he had a head-sized snowball. He lifted that one up by himself and slapped it down so it would stick. Then he collected his accouterments and wrapped the scarf around the snowman's neck.
"It's so cute!" Tohru exclaimed, taking his lead and adding buttons to make a "jacket." They found a couple of branches for arms and pebbles for a mouth and eyes. "I think that something is missing, though. This doesn't look like snowmen I've seen in pictures." She exuded concentration as she peered at the snowman.
Momiji stared at their frosty creation, too, wondering what it could be. "A hat!" he cried out, and he took the one from his head and gave it to the snowman, pleased with himself. "Hello, Mr. Snowman!"
"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Snowman."
Filled with chuckles, they sat down in front of their new friend and held a short conversation with him. "This is the most fun I've ever had," Tohru told Momiji when their laughter had subsided. "Thank you so much for this White Day present."
"Your welcome, but this isn't your only present!" Momiji scooted closer to Tohru, whose cheeks were rosy in the cold air. "I wanted to come up here alone so I could give you this!" He couldn't control his smile as he leaned in and gave Tohru a kiss on her cheek. His victim froze, but he could see her cheeks get even redder and her mouth turn up slightly in a sweet smile. Feeling brave, he moved in again, only this time the kiss was planted on her lips. It was short, but he felt warm and fuzzy from the contact. When she didn't speak or move after a minute, he got curious. "Tohru?"
Her paralysis ended and Tohru put her face in her hands, looking embarrassed. "Ee, yes, Momiji?" came a small squeak.
"That was fun! Let's kiss again!" Momiji loved Tohru. She was the greatest girl that his little heart could imagine, and he wanted to practice the kisses that he had seen Hatori give Kana in the past. He wrapped his mittened hands around hers and gently removed them from covering her face. "Do you want to?" He hoped that he hadn't scared her. Tohru was fragile sometimes. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings," he said quietly.
"What? Oh, no, you didn't hurt my feelings," Tohru corrected. Now she looked like she felt guilty. "It's just that I've never been kissed before…and it was actually really nice."
Momiji took that as an open invitation and swooped in again, this time making it last a little longer. He moved his lips in a massaging motion, sucking lightly and even sticking his tongue out to taste her mouth. Hot chocolate and cookies infiltrated his taste buds, and he felt himself trying to get a better sample. Tohru complied hesitantly and let Momiji fill her mouth with his tongue. Momiji strained to get her involved, but she was still being shy. He pulled away and said in a dejected tone, "Is it not very good?"
"It's not that at all!" she apologized. "But I don't know how to kiss."
Shrugging, Momiji put his hands on Tohru's knees. "Me neither, but we can learn! You have to move your tongue around and stuff. That's what Ha'ri and Kana did when I peeped on them."
His comments seemed to relax her a bit and she smiled. "You shouldn't peep on things like that, Momiji."
"I know!" he said back with a smile. "Wanna try anyway?"
As if in a strange trance, Tohru nodded and let Momiji resume his kiss. This time she responded to his administrations and his lips tingled when her tongue ran over them. He could feel her cold nose pressed against his face and he had to shiver himself. It was growing dark out and the temperature was dropping. Regretfully, he broke the kiss. "Okay, let's go get more snacks and make a fire and tell ghost stories, and then we can practice more!" Momiji hoped that his cousins wouldn't be mad about him stealing Tohru's first kiss.
A/N: xx That was total sap! I guess with that pairing it kind of has to be, though! I was inspired by it snowing at my house yesterday, albeit not enough to make a snowman. Reviews are always welcome, along with suggestions for pairings! I'm thinking of doing perhaps a little less silly next time.