Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ I Lost ❯ I Lost ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Title: I Lost

Author: Cheysuli

Rating: G

Warning: Implied Yaoi and *shudders* Het.

Summary: Choices are made and hearts are broken. Short little one shot.

A/N: This is the closest to a Het fic that I will ever write. Just thought you should know.

______________________________________________

It was over. All the fights, all the arguments, his reason for... well, everything. It was all over. Choices had been made and he wasn't a part of it. Had never been a part of it.

And he couldn't really blame them. They were happy together, after all, and that's all he ever really wanted for either of them. His own feelings didn't matter. No matter how much seeing them together hurt, no matter how difficult it became to simply get out of bed each morning, no matter how hard it was to not give in and just end it all. He just didn’t matter.

But the good thing was they didn't notice his pain. He didn't want to hurt them or make them feel guilty; which they would, or at least she would, even if they never knew they were the cause of his depression. He didn’t want to ruin their happiness. It would kill him if he ruined their happiness.

"I'm sorry."

He blinked and turned towards the voice. "For what, Shigure?"

Shigure frowned and moved to stand next to the boy in the doorway, staring out at the couple lounging in the yard. "For losing her to Kyo."

Yuki smiled sadly. At least he wasn't completely alone; Shigure noticed him. He honestly didn't think he could survive being completely forgotten. He sighed, gazing sorrowfully at the red headed boy who held eyes only for Tohru. "It wasn't her I lost."

Shigure nodded, watching sadly as Yuki turned and entered the house, before turning back to the laughing couple.

It wasn't her I lost.

~Owari~

______________________________________

A/N: Well, what did you think? I'm pretty new to Fruits Basket (I'm usually over in the Yu-Gi-Oh section) so I know they're most likely OOC. Sorry about that. Oh, for you writers out there, I have a group for Sohma Yuki Yaoi. http : // groups. yahoo. com / group / snow_ falls (remove spaces. Oh, there is a little underline between snow and falls, just in case that doesn’t show up). There you will find 60 plot bunnies.