Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Impossible ❯ Impossible ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Something you need to know before you read this fic—I do not hate Yuki, or think that he is a completely selfish person. But we all have selfish sides to our personality, and I'm exploring that side of him through this fic. In the anime, he admits to Tohru that he was a selfish person, and that he always wanted to get away from his family and be normal like everyone else. I am simply expanding on what he already said and in no way am I trying to diss on him. I think that Yuki can also be very loving and giving. You also have to take into account that he is a child when this (the story) is happening, and children can be very self-centered. So, all you Yuki-lovers out there (and I am one of them)—I'm sorry if this story offends you. But…he has pretty much admitted on his own that he is not a perfect person, and I don't think that the feelings expressed in this fanfiction make him any less loveable. That said…enjoy!
 
 
 
Impossible
 
“Say words to me…Words…of impossible love. Say them…so that I can pretend. That everything…is alright.”
I wanted to get away from him. More than anything. He was crazy. And I didn't understand—how to make him see that I had no interest in being with him.
If I protested, he would hit me.
What could I do? I had no choice. I told him lies because he wanted to hear them. I said I'd always be there for him…that I didn't mind if he lost his temper and hurt me sometimes, if it helped him to feel better.
I didn't mean it. Of course, I didn't mean it.
“Akito…I don't love you.” If I ever tried to tell him that, he got mad. He punished me. Whipped me and locked me away in a dark room. Said mean things.
“You're supposed to love me, you're my family!” He would shout. “You have no right to say such cruel things to me—“
“But I don't love you. I don't even like you! You're weird, and scary. I don't want to be here--”
“Shut up! You don't know what you want! There's something wrong with you if you think you don't even like your own cousin! Don't you know that we share the same blood?! Don't you care that we've grown up together, that we're part of the same family?!”
“No! I hate this family! Leave me alone!”
“You're a freak.” That word…freak…he always said it. He always made me feel…less than human.
So what. So what if I didn't love him? What was so great about some sick little gimp? Why should I want to play with him, when I deserved so much better?
I deserved strong, healthy friends and a normal family. One that wasn't cursed, one that didn't have to hide in shame. I wanted to be loved, admired, free to be always in the spotlight, the whole world eating out of my hands.
After all, I was Yuki. Not Yuki Souma, just Yuki. Beautiful, clever Yuki. And I deserved better.
“But…I love you, Yuki.”
“I don't care.” I said, turning my back on him.
Now that I've left him, I sometimes wonder…if I'd be able to say that to his face.
 
 
A/N: Not one of my better fics, I'll admit. But it amused me to write it. I hope it struck someone's fancy. Please review! Thank you.