Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ It's Our Secret ❯ A Dress? You Jest! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

It's Our Secret
 
By: LilyGinnyBlack
 
ShotOne:A Dress? You Jest!
 
Disclaimer: I don't know Fruits Basket, nor will I ever own any of it's characters or plot. : (
 
A/N: Hello out there to any old or new readers. : ) This whole fanfic will just be a bunch of one-shots that deal with ideas that never made it into my, now finished, novel length Furuba fanfic Every Single One. So, if some things don't make sense, that's the reason why. You don't have to read ESO, in order to understand these one-shots, but it might help. Anyway, I challenged myself, by telling myself not to make any of these one-shots more than three pages long (not including author notes). By doing this, I insure that I can update quickly and spontaneously, also, I it will make it so I don't get caught in a web and have to turn a series of one-shots into a sequel of any kind. Well, enough with this extremely long author's note and please enjoy the first chapter to this little companion piece of mine. Enjoy!
 
-*-
 
Deep breaths; that's all this would take. The thought rambled off in Akito's head over and over again, the purpose-make sure she did the deed-the result-the effect of insanity could be felt throughout her whole body. She wanted to do no more than run from the room and not face the enemy. That dress, that kimono. Her mind wasn't ready for the step yet, though, she knew her heart was…the organ, which gave a beat inside her skin, wanted to see herself as woman-not a man-not anymore.
 
Yet, her mind annoyed her, the voice of her deceased mother seemed to float continually around her head, it told her that her feminine body and feministic muses should not be known. That they should be suppressed and locked deep within her; no one would accept her-if she looked beautiful-no one would respect her-if she looked fragile. Her brain was such a pain. Why couldn't she just follow her heart and her heart alone? She came to the conclusion that whatever holy being there was; didn't like her-plain and simple as that. These few hours would be long; she could feel the truth in the headache she had somehow formed in a matter of minutes.
 
Her only hope was that the day could only get better and not worse.
 
So odd; that thought, a random strand of unspoken words; ones that spoke (wordlessly, of course) of a completely different Akito. Merely months ago-hope and a positive outlook-was deemed illogical to come from her, yet, now such a persona was not all that unusual. On that day, the day she killed her mother, in that moment when her mind loss all sense of sanity and the curse opened it's tightly closed wings-Akito felt so free and she longed to change. She just desired to be a better person, and also, to feel the lovely silk feel that only kimonos were able to bring. To have a reflection, which gave back the image of a slightly make-up enhanced face and the smooth curve of small breasts. And, the moment her hair got long enough, she wished to pull it back in some elaborate twist. That was her desire; that was the picture she had in her mind since the first time she had to put on clothes that should belong to men.
 
Now was her chance.
 
Silent, her room was silent, except for the chirps of birds and the buzz of insects, which came from her open door (the one that led out to the tiny and enclosed garden). She could hear the obnoxiously loud voice of Ayame, who created the kimono she was to wear to Kyo and Tohru's wedding, that thought alone did not help to settle her nerves, and the minute words of Hatori-who had (probably) tried in vain multiple times to try and shut the grown drama king up.
 
The heavy footfalls of three grown men could be heard as the trio drew ever closer to Akito's room. The nauseous knot in her stomach grew and her feet ached to get up and run, while her head continued to pound.
 
She could only hope…
 
The door was slammed open as Ayame excitedly marched into the small space. Akito gulped. Ayame was ecstatic, she was frightened.
 
-*-
 
Tighter and tighter Ayame pulled at the fabric. Akito had the distinct impression that a dizzy spell was bound to occur at any moment, as the obi was wrapped for, what she could only guess, was the fiftieth time around her lithe body. Despite the timorous sense that she would pass out, Akito was extremely pleased with the outfit, which adorned her frame; a frame, which she had never been given the time or the appropriate outfit, to truly appreciate or admire.
 
Deep blues under the lightest pink and pure white, it was a glorious site to behold, and the obi was the darkest blue fabric to ever grace her finger tips, so dark one could almost call it black. It was gorgeous; Ayame had really outdone himself and finally proved his worth as a seamstress to her. At one time, the cursed members of the Zodiac were all just fun pawns she could move across the board, though, Shigure always challenged her authority with strategies of his own. A board and a game no longer existed, for a while now; Akito had struggled to stop her manipulative ways. At first, she was under the impression that such a feat would surely be a trial and drain her, but, with the release of the curse and the constant mental imprisonment of her mother gone, Akito didn't have those malice and manipulative motives planted in her soul any longer.
 
A realization, which she found a flood of relief in, and caused her life to do a 360 degree turn. She could feel her lips tug up into a smile, as Ayame tied the obi and gently pulled the front of her hair back, he placed a beret in her hair to hold the strands in place. He turned her body around to face him, she was sure beyond a doubt that he was about to apply make-up to her face. She was right.
 
Alas, before the make-up even touched her face, she could only glance at Ayame's eyes as they widened. “I've never seen so much of your face before, Akito-san. It's really very delicate and lovely, I wonder if you even need make-up, what, with that smile on your face. I can just see Gure-san now, his eyes alight with romance and his mind focused solely on male dreams. Yes, he would be in awe of you, he could even die of your beauty…” By then Akito had started to turn out the man as he continued to babble on about nonsense. And, while her twisted nature may have left her, the temper she carried hadn't, which could only mean bad news for Ayame.
 
“Will you shut up? Just apply the damn make-up already! It's a simplistic enough task even for your childish brain to achieve.” Her tone was cold and her words were ice, but the limited amount of patience she had in her, all but evaporated moments before.
 
His golden eyes held shock, yet, they also held respect, and his mouth was still opened as if he were just about to spout another whimsical thing about men and romance. At least, she was still respected, even though, she held no resemblance to a male. Either way, none of it mattered anymore, as Ayame applied only the thinnest amount of make-up possible. And, with her eyes closed, Akito could only dream that Shigure would see her…the way Ayame said he would.
 
-*-
 
He embraced her, the second he saw her, and Akito knew than that Ayame had been right. The stunned emotion etched onto Shigure's mature features amplified the notion that he was pleased with what he saw. She felt…
 
No kisses were needed.
 
No words to be spoken.
 
No physical touches.
 
No desperate tears.
 
Nothing…
 
In that frozen time frame, Akito could not even consider that once feared rejection and loss of respect. As his warm arms trailed over her silken covered and curved form, Akito could only relinquish in that untamable warmth, of the one who was always there for her. But, could not comprehend him as her loyal dog anymore, nor could she ponder her position as his “master”; all he was to her-from that millisecond on, was Shigure. And, as she clung to his embrace, so felt so...
 
For once in her life, she understood peace.
 
-*-
 
A/N: That's the end of the first one-shot. I'm happy with how it came out, though; I do feel slightly guilty about not updating my Star Ocean: `Till the End of Time fanfic called Far From a Fairytale. So, if any of you liked this bit of writing, like SO3, and don't mind the Albel/Sophia pairing, please check it out. I'm going to update it tomorrow. Oh, I also have an Akito/Shigure fanfic one-shot out; I had written it for Valentine's Day, it's called Black Rose, so that out as well, if you like the Akito/Shigure pairing. Moving away from the self-advertising, please tell me what you thought of this chapter in a review and thanks. Take care and Ja ne. : D
 
-LilyGinnyBlack-