Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Love Seems to be Fate ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Saoko: Thank you for all the wonderful reviews and characters! Sorry for

Lukain: Yup, they were great!

Saoko: I am accepting each and every original character!


"Shigure-kun, I will control myself if her controls his tongue," Salima said coldly.

"Why you?!" Kyo shouted at her.

"Shigure-kun, I have good new! I going to stay here and go to the local high school! So where shall I be staying then?" Salima asked Shigure.

"Oh, dear," Shigure said puzzled, "I'm afraid I gave your old room to Tohru-kun."

"We could share the room!" Tohru said.

"Are you sure, Tohru-san?" Salima questioned.

"Of course. I would love to have another girl to talk to in this house," Tohru said excitedly.

"Well, then it's settled then you shall share the room with Tohru-kun," Shigure said happily and went off to his office.

"I can't wait to see all my old friends! Tohru-san I shall introduce you to them later," Salima said jumping for joy.

"Salima-kun, you can just call me Tohru," Tohru told the joyful girl.

"Okay, can I call Tohru-chan?" Salima asked.

"Sure," Tohru said.

The two girls walked up the stairs to Tohru's room. Salima looked around and sighed at the sight. An image of her when she was younger came to view. She was small and she was playing with her friend, Kari in the room. They were having fun laughing and smiling. Then a hand was waved in front of her face and the image disappeared.

"Are you okay?" Tohru asked.

"Yes, I just remembering something from when I was younger," Salima said and she started to cry.

Salima was on her knees as her tears fell swiftly and gently down her face. She realized how much she had missed her uncle Shigure, his house, and all her friends. This wasn't like some phase that she had it was all her feelings that she had been keeping inside since she left when she was younger.

"What are you crying for?" Tohru asked.

"Oh … I am just remembering the happy times I have had in this house when I was younger," Salima answered.

Salima stood up off the floor and smiled. She grabbed door knob and said, "Well, I'll be seeing you guys tonight I'm going to go find Haru-chan or one of my friends."

Salima ran as fast as she could out the door. Dust was flying up as she ran down the street and right into Haru. Salima looked up into Haru's deep brown eyes. She smiled and blushed deeply.

"Sorry, Haru-chan," Salima said and then stepped to the side returning to running.

Salima stopped running after awhile and stood by a fence post leaning over breathing hard. Wait a sec, that was Haru-chan! Salima screamed in her head. What if he didn't realize that I was me!?

"Salima-kun?" a voice that seemed oh so familiar to Salima asked her.

Salima turned her head slowly realizing she was standing in front of her old friend Kari Ookami. Kari had emerald green eyes and waist-length brown hair that had navy blue highlights. To Salima, Kari seemed like tomboy because the way she acted. Kari was similar to Salima in a way different than most of her family. Like Salima she was cursed. The curse that the two grew up with together. Salima when hugged by a member of the opposite sex, or when weak, she turns into a coyote. While Kari turned into a wolf, hence her last name Ookami.

"Huh?" Salima said dazed from her running.

"Oh, I thought you were an old friend of mine you probably don't know her. I'm sorry for bothering you," Kari told her.

"But … Kari-chan, I am Salima Ann Sohma," Salima said confidently to Kari right in her eyes.

"It is you?" Kari asked dazed. Salima sighed and went on walking apparently the girl was in a daze, again.

"Wait a sec Salima-chan!" Kari shouted at the top of her lungs and ran to hug her, "It's been too long since I last saw you, not really, but I have missed you since our last meeting."

"How about we go to your uncle's house Salima-chan?" Kari asked after a long moment of silence.

"Okay, but first I need to find out what time it is first," Salima said and sighed, "I finally get to leave the musical group after this last musical."

"Oh! It's 5:30," Kari said after looking at her watch on her wrist.

"They're gonna kill me!! I have to go so I'll see you later!" Salima shouted and started to run again.

Salima ran right to the local theater where every one was waiting for her. She looked around and saw everyone was in their costumes. Mrs. Wheeler was waiting for her in her dressing room.


Saoko: Well sorry for not updating soon! My Internet was down and I went to camp for two weeks!

Lukain: So that was why the house was so quiet.

Saoko: That's not nice big bro!

Lukain: I'm just stating the obvious.

Saoko: Oh okay! ^0^ Ja ne!